Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Two things for you Raman.

First have you preformed the "one step set up" not only to reset the esc but to also confirm the esc is working with the new brain board?

Next before you download be sure you don't have any spy-ware or pop up blocking programs running, even AVG (anti-virus, which I use) have a couple of features (resident shield and ad ware blocker) that will cause the downloaded file to not work correctly.

Even with programs like this running you can download the files from Novak, but you will actually end up with parts missing that you may never know about that will keep the program from running correctly or at all.

I say this because after reading your issues (wont run on any computer you own) and the install from the disk works... Sounds like a program issue finding the Novalink program as a threat... Like mine did when my son installed a Sponge Bob game...

Hope that helps, if not let me know and I can give you more options to look at to get everything working.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok I uninstalled the software and deleted downloaded files. I then disabled my spyware/virus software and then downloaded files. I then installed drivers and then Novalink and it updated. Thanks for suggestions
Old 09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That's what I do, Happy it worked for you now get out there and destroy the competition~!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

great discovery Tim, whoda thought
Old 09-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

WOOT!!! My 1s shipped today!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
i'm not sure why you want the extra wiring and plus having to find a place to stuff the castle link, I guess if your running off road it wouldn't be an issue, then theres the question does a castle link work with a novak? sometimes getting to the rcvr wire can be a pain, but wouldn't it be easier to just use the spare wire that comes in the box, just leave it hooked to the novalink and unplug the wire at the esc and not the rcvr. JR makes a really short Y connector that would also work. I was just thinking, using a Y connector you not only would be powering the esc but also the rcvr, It may be fine, but I'm not going to be the first to try it out. my rcvrs cost over 100 bucks. let us know what you do and the results.
Great points, and I wont try it! LOL

My thought was it woudl be nice to not have to unplug the esc from the receiver every time it needed to be programmed. I wonder if those connectors in the receiver were intended to be removed often. No big deal and its not worth damaging somethign to find out.

Last edited by rcannon409; 09-02-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Smith
Two things for you Raman.

First have you preformed the "one step set up" not only to reset the esc but to also confirm the esc is working with the new brain board? Yes

Next before you download be sure you don't have any spy-ware or pop up blocking programs running, even AVG (anti-virus, which I use) have a couple of features (resident shield and ad ware blocker) that will cause the downloaded file to not work correctly. all Disabled

Even with programs like this running you can download the files from Novak, but you will actually end up with parts missing that you may never know about that will keep the program from running correctly or at all.

I say this because after reading your issues (wont run on any computer you own) and the install from the disk works... Sounds like a program issue finding the Novalink program as a threat... Like mine did when my son installed a Sponge Bob game...

Hope that helps, if not let me know and I can give you more options to look at to get everything working.
One step set up has been completed and all virus / firewall have been disabled.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A little of topic but does anyone know how many degrees timing is one line on a Novak Ballistic motor?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ottoman
A little of topic but does anyone know how many degrees timing is one line on a Novak Ballistic motor?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ed517
Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Company Representative

Default Updated NovaLink information

We have added the following statement:

NovaLink is compatible with the following operating systems:

~ Windows® XP™ (32 bit),
~ Windows Vista™ (32bit) and
~ Windows 7 (32 bit).

Please note that the Novalink is not compatible with 64 bit operating systems or any operating system not listed.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikecatts
If any one needs some set up tips for 10.5 2s,,Message me..Ide be glad to help..
Mike
Mike, I can't message you...you don't accept private messages.

How can you be reached?

I have a new Kinetic and 10.5 Ballistic combo going into my RC10B4.1 car.

I will be running on a small sized indoor track and a small/medium-ish outdoor track.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7OQ-ahicrU

What would you recommend as a good starting setup and what settings would you say would be the most beneficial to tweak once up and running?

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Two questions:

1) My 2s fan isn't starting when the ESC is turned on, is it temperature driven meaning one the ESC hits a certain temp the fan turns on like a thermostat?

2) My ESC went into an error condition several times with blinking blue and yellow, and solid green. The manual said to check the drivetrain for freeness, and its very free, what else might cause the ESC to detect this condition?

Greg
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jakeb
Mike, I can't message you...you don't accept private messages.

How can you be reached?

I have a new Kinetic and 10.5 Ballistic combo going into my RC10B4.1 car.

I will be running on a small sized indoor track and a small/medium-ish outdoor track.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7OQ-ahicrU

What would you recommend as a good starting setup and what settings would you say would be the most beneficial to tweak once up and running?

Thanks!

He was probably referring to carpet, but I could be wrong. At RCHR you probably won't need any timing, I'd run the drag brake around 14-19 depending on traction and setup, and keep it basic like that. If you're referring to their outdoor track then I'd kick the timing up to around 25 or 30 degrees and put the RPMs in the general range of starting around 5000 and ending around 15000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.