Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikecatts
What a nice toy!.
Do you get many racers?

More wire would be nice..
Its not even shrink wrapped...
And the LRP is as big as the Noavak's..So what does that say?????
They are needed...
Mike

Noavak all the way, its been worth the wait
just for reference, when it comes to caps especially, but all things electronic, the shorter the wire the better.. im sure even bob will tell ya, the closer you can get that cap to the action the more betterer it will perform.. anywho.. the link seems to be out lots of places, is this a short term deal?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Team Novak,

When will the "Novalink" be available. Also will future kinetic esc's bundle with the novalink?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 29TC
Team Novak,

When will the "Novalink" be available. Also will future kinetic esc's bundle with the novalink?
+1 I just ordered one. And I am hoping to run in onroad in a TC. But without the nova link the thing looks kind of DOA. I know it has a bunch of presets built in, but with all the other advanced timing controllers the RPM range in what really makes the difference. And not all motors like timing in the same RPM band.
Also what is the difference between your Novalink and say the Castle Link. They look almost identical.

Couple of questions for the guys that have actually used one. Are you using the drive frequences to smooth out the power band? Can you feel the difference? Does the timing boost feel really like your getting rocketed or is there a smooth transiton from slow to ballistic.

Hope that this is worth the money. Right now the best bang for your buck is the Castle Mamba Max Pro. That thing rocks and powers almost all of my cars now.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Swampracer
When will the Kinetic 1S be shipping to hobby shops? I have B/O's at A Main Hobbies along with the NovaLink.

Thanks Greg G

We are still supporting an August ship date---probably later this month.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by 29TC
Team Novak,

The NovaLinks are shipping this week; we have no current plans to bundle the items.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
The NovaLinks are shipping this week; we have no current plans to bundle the items.
Cool. I am glad to see that they are coming soon. When will the website have the download available? I understand that there is an update to the current firmware, but the website does not appear to have it available.

thx

Also is there a reason that the new havok pro does not work with the novalink?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by macdude
Cool. I am glad to see that they are coming soon. When will the website have the download available? I understand that there is an update to the current firmware, but the website does not appear to have it available.

I will check and see when it will be on the web site.

thx

Also is there a reason that the new havok pro does not work with the novalink?

Our new Havoc Pro SC has the 8 levels of timing and the other features available on-board with no PC necessary. No particular reason.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
So will the novalink work with the havok pro SC?

Also, the downloads on the novak web site are not correct. The first one for the Novalink Software, will not run once un zipped.
And the update for the firmware is just the same file that is in the novalink software zip. The zip file has a different name, but when you unzip it, the file is the escProgrammer.exe file. So you might want to look at this.

Having used windows for a long time, I suspect that you should include the installer file, that way we can actually test the software out before the novalink ships. I see that it is no longer on back order on the novak site. It is everywhere else. So I should be able to get it this week. That's cool.

I can't wait to put this thing through its paces.

Do you have any starting rpm ranges for 17.5

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Kinetic Setup

Hey just picked up a Kinetic 2cell and I'm looking for a good profile setup for 13.5 sedan... running on asphalt.. Not to sure how high I should run the advance timing ect.. Some helpful suggestions would be nice...

Edward
Old 08-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Hey just picked up a Kinetic 2cell and I'm looking for a good profile setup for 13.5 sedan... running on asphalt.. Not to sure how high I should run the advance timing ect.. Some helpful suggestions would be nice...

Edward
I thought 13.5 was going away. Since you don't have the link yet I would try the second highest setting and gear in 7 FDR range. And see how it goes. I have been running the MMP and the Tekin with 50 degrees, and a mid 6 FDR for 17.5. A couple guys are running in the 7 FDR. I would think you could run in the mid 7's and be at a good starting point.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Big shout out to Charlie and Novak. The Kinetic is right there. I ran it at the nats this week, and once we got the setup down, I did not get out motored . I struggled with the car and drove like a rookie, but the speedo and motor were awesome.

The Kinetic brakes are the best brakes of all the current speedo's I have run. Looks like the wait was worth it.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Big shout out to Charlie and Novak. The Kinetic is right there. I ran it at the nats this week, and once we got the setup down, I did not get out motored . I struggled with the car and drove like a rookie, but the speedo and motor were awesome.

The Kinetic brakes are the best brakes of all the current speedo's I have run. Looks like the wait was worth it.
+1 on that tim. it was nice to meet you this weekend. wish my weekend was a little better than it was at the nats. i seem to have a dark cloud over my head when i run at norcal. oh well still had tons of fun.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

couple of questions regarding Kinetic timing values...

From reading the docs i see:
Boost Delay
Boost Mode
Timing Set Point (RPM Low)
Maximum Timing RPM (RPM Hi)
Timing Level

Questions:
1. Boost Mode says it applies maximum possible motor timing at full throttle (after boost delay). Does this jump to "Timing Level" or is it some other amount of timing?

2. Without using Novalink we can adjust Timing Level & Timing Set Point RPM directly on the speedy. Timing Level #8 is called "Boost". What does this mean?

3. What is the default setting of Boost Delay, Boost Mode, Maximum Timing RPM when not using Novalink?

Thanks for any reply.

Chris...
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Will the Kinetic 2s work with a 1s pack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.