R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   CRC and jaco WGT spec tire (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/337651-crc-jaco-wgt-spec-tire.html)

Tha Skinny 10-21-2009 08:23 AM

CRC and jaco WGT spec tire

Are these the same compund? They are both a lilac compound right

timmay70 10-21-2009 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny (Post 6501858)

And John's BSR. TM is also a legal WGT compound, performs like the others.

liljohn1064 10-21-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny (Post 6501858)

The same "shore" rating of foam anyway and roughly the same compound. It depends on the supplier. I've had great luck with the CRC tires.

Cheurb1m 04-06-2014 07:20 PM

what is the spec tire for outdoors/asphalt WGT class? is it the same tire as indoor?

oeoeo327 04-07-2014 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cheurb1m (Post 13163288)
what is the spec tire for outdoors/asphalt WGT class? is it the same tire as indoor?

Yes...

magnum 04-07-2014 06:23 AM

Jacos have more flex in the rim giving you a little more grip

magnum 04-07-2014 06:25 AM

Cheurb1m 04-07-2014 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by magnum (Post 13164154)
Jacos have more flex in the rim giving you a little more grip

Thanks for the info, does anyone have a part # for the Jaco spec tires for WGT?

MarkBurgess 04-07-2014 12:05 PM

CRC and John's BSR World GT spec tyres are in my experience identical.

The wheel has a bigger diameter and is wider than the Jaco spec. With the additives and carpets we have in the UK, I prefer the CRC build and spec.

Jacos have a smaller wheel, which means more foam left at the same diameter. This may help on tarmac, but I've never managed to get spec tyres to work on UK tarmac tracks.

What we have got to work ok is softer rear foams: greens and aquas. The challenge is to keep additive and grip in the rear tyres. I have some tips if anyone is interested :nod:

old_dude 04-07-2014 01:31 PM

There is also QC for WGT spec tires.

BullFrog 04-07-2014 01:38 PM

It's GQ (hotlapracingusa.com)-they make excellent WGT Spec tires.Jaco was bought out by BSR.

Cheurb1m 04-07-2014 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by MarkBurgess (Post 13165086)

The wheel has a bigger diameter and is wider than the Jaco spec. With the additives and carpets we have in the UK, I prefer the CRC build and spec.

Jacos have a smaller wheel, which means more foam left at the same diameter. This may help on tarmac, but I've never managed to get spec tyres to work on UK tarmac tracks.

What we have got to work ok is softer rear foams: greens and aquas. The challenge is to keep additive and grip in the rear tyres. I have some tips if anyone is interested :nod:

Sure I would love some tips, whats the tip?

Andrew S 04-07-2014 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by MarkBurgess (Post 13165086)

Yes, very interested! I have this problem on ashfelt keeping the compound and traction in the rear.

Still Bill 04-07-2014 09:27 PM

CRC WGT spec tires are made by BSR for CRC. Except for packaging, there is no difference between the two of them.

FYI...BSR recently purchased Jaco outright. But, I do not see anything posted about that event. Will be interesting to see how that develops.

Bill