R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion / Schumacher

I just read that Speed Passion was looking for a sales/tech person for North AMerica? I thought they were through Schumacher. So, does anyone know what is up?
tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought the same thing rofl. The thing is, SP now has to compete against the company that manufacturers their ESCs as they're looking for drivers and pretty soon sales people will follow. I just hope people keep buying the ESCs specially the LCD programmer.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/04/01/autism.ireports/index.html (My daughter's video is the last one)
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Anyone else know anything on this??
tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

As far as I know, schumacher just distributes SP stuff, like they do RP tires and some other products. (at least in the US).
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Yes, we're the exclusive USA distributor. We've been doing all the tech support for the US (and most of the rest of the world), warranty support, product development, advertising, and etc for over two years now. We've built the brand from the ground up in the US from nothing to a top brand powerhouse in that time.

Basically, in order to take the brand to the next level SP needed to shift the marketing manpower and expense to several full time internal positions to maximize sales and exposure in key sales areas around the world. The growth has been astounding - as an individual example, SP has tripled their employee work force just in the last 6-8 months.

This position was created simply to help us. I (and the other distributors that have been added worldwide) communicate directly with the owner of SP, and some of the global distributors needed an extra layer to help with communication and to keep up with the heavy demand for the product.

Nothing has changed as far as the actual distribution goes :-)
Shawn Palmer
Speed Passion USA Sales Manager
USAsupport <at> King-Golden <dot> com
Shawn Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote