Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Whats the old saying "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

R.I.P. TC racing!
Exactly!

I havent said a word on this yet but my .02 that aint worth much in today's economy.

For years all the stock guys (average club racer type) have bitched and complained about always getting beat by the "cherry pickers and Pro racers". So what happened...ROAR listened to you guys and created a CLASS JUST FOR THOSE GUYS. Now what happens...Those same guys are bitching that they cant race in 13.5 with the same guys they wanted out of their so called "stock" class!!

I ran 13.5 rubber tire in vegas and I can tell you that there were some of the Amateur guys that didnt belong in 13.5. I can also tell you that there were probably some guys in 17.5 amateur that didnt belong in it either!! Fact is if you think you belong in the 17.5 class to begin with then you have no business running in the 13.5 "Pro-stock" class.

My opinion and at this point dont really give a damn who gets butt hurt over it!!!

EA
Old 10-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
Whats the old saying "damned if you do, damned if you don't"
I was going to post the same thing.

I really admire the 1/8 off-road drivers. Novices race Pros, sponsored guys race againt privateers, prototype parts race against production parts, drivers don't seem to complain, the races are easily filled, the class is thriving worldwide, and American drivers are among the best drivers in the world.

This might be time for Touring Car mod, stock, superstock, foam, masters, etc etc etc to just become Touring Car with 13.5 motors and rubber tires. Run them all together and give some feel good special awards to the best privateer, best kid, or best old guy.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I was going to post the same thing.

I really admire the 1/8 off-road drivers. Novices race Pros, sponsored guys race againt privateers, prototype parts race against production parts, drivers don't seem to complain, the races are easily filled, the class is thriving worldwide, and American drivers are among the best drivers in the world.

This might be time for Touring Car mod, stock, superstock, foam, masters, etc etc etc to just become Touring Car with 13.5 motors and rubber tires. Run them all together and give some feel good special awards to the best privateer, best kid, or best old guy.
I agree i feel theres also too many classes. Keep it simple..
Old 10-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Why should the amateur classes go? That is not fair. I am not anywhere near factory driver quality, but I love racing a lot. I like being competitive because I get nervous sometimes because of how intense the race can be. I like that feeling.

I think killing TC racing would be to exclude amateurs. There are more amateurs than factory drivers, from what I have experienced. Excluding people who are starting up in the hobby and racing is definitely a nail in the coffin for TC competitive racing. I will not win a ROAR event now, but someday maybe. I need more and more experience to get there.

I don't care for sponsorship. But I do enjoy racing a lot. It's fun!

+1

Isn't that what ROAR is doing? If you won your class last year, you cannot race in it this year? Unless I am missing something here.
Harry, my point was not to separate it out...stock is stock and should be left at that. No need to create a separate class just for armatures. Stock kinda implies that it is geared towards amateurs and non-pro level drivers.

As far as I am concerned every class should be open to whomever wants to run it, but creating restrictions seems counter productive to the overall goal of helping the on-road racing scene.

Here is how i see it working...

Lower skilled drivers----------->Higher Skilled drivers

Stock..................Super Stock.....................Mod

Armature type driver would run Stock and Supers stock and higher skilled drivers would run Mod and Super stock. Everyone meets in the middle to see how they measure up. sounds like a great race to me
Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Legend

Default Its a good rule !!!!

Sedan will continue to die if the class's are not changed...
Old 10-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by artwork
Harry, my point was not to separate it out...stock is stock and should be left at that. No need to create a separate class just for armatures. Stock kinda implies that it is geared towards amateurs and non-pro level drivers.

As far as I am concerned every class should be open to whomever wants to run it, but creating restrictions seems counter productive to the overall goal of helping the on-road racing scene.

Here is how i see it working...

Lower skilled drivers----------->Higher Skilled drivers

Stock..................Super Stock.....................Mod

Armature type driver would run Stock and Supers stock and higher skilled drivers would run Mod and Super stock. Everyone meets in the middle to see how they measure up. sounds like a great race to me
I can dig that!

K.I.S.S. comes to mind.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Old a$$ men crying like little Beeeoootches!!! They are toy cars people!!! Get over it and lets get ready to race...
Old 10-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Old a$$ men crying like little Beeeoootches!!! They are toy cars people!!! Get over it and lets get ready to race...

You sure take it seriously when racing!

But yeah seriously, let's race and have some fun!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I agree to an extent (though I sense some sarcasm ), but how do we account for the fact that many people don't want to travel to race a single class?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I agree to an extent, but how do we account for the fact that many people don't want to travel to race a single class?
Get a 1/12 scale car.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3 classes is all you need to cover the entire racing community. Do it old school.

Stock.....Super Stock.....Modified
Old 10-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Tom - I'll see you in 13.5 rubber.. LOL
Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

AMEN!!!!!!

The only way this would work though is if people realize that winning a "bowling trophy" is not going to make their life more complete.

After racing this past weekend with some of the best 13.5 Rubber TC drivers in the area and "hanging" with them for a few laps (before brain fade set in - LOL) winning was not something that i was concerned with. Better lap times each time out was my goal - and it was acheived. The fact that I won some hardware was secondary.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

munrath, I'm running mod...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.