Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
It means that you have to remove that big "HPI RACING" sticker from the side of your car in order to run 17.5 Rubber. I know . . . it's silly.

Don't bother using anything but those headlight and grill stickers from your protoform sticker sheet either. Someone might misinterpret this as a sponsor. lol

WHAT? You know I can send the man to the moon but I can't paint LOL... decals is my only way out.

Also I guess I have to wear my Versace shirt and jean to ROAR event if I want to run sportsman stock instead of wearing an "XXX" RC manufacturer shirt that I don't care if it gets dirty
Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

from ROAR 2009 Meeting Minutes

Although sponsorship cannot be verified by ROAR in all cases, should the driver be protested and proven to violate these rules, the racer will be DQ’d from the event and the sponsor’s affiliation will receive sanctions from ROAR.
Sounds to me like it's pretty easy to call someone out, and depending on what the sanctions are, not something a sponsor would really want to mess with or be associated with.

Regards,
Carter
Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit
WHAT? You know I can send the man to the moon but I can't paint LOL... decals is my only way out.

Also I guess I have to wear my Versace shirt and jean to ROAR event if I want to run sportsman stock instead of wearing an "XXX" RC manufacturer shirt that I don't care if it gets dirty
Nope..ALL Sportsman driver's must wear a XXXL Pure White jump suit thats ROAR approved!!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:09 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

tag, take the barcode off ur 17.5 duos and print it on Ts, hoodies, and decal sheets. dialed.

R
Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by munrath; 10-26-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

At our local track 17.5 rubber is the biggest class and there are many with partial deals.

13.5 Rubber is faster than 19 turn by a good bit and some people sponsored basically at hobby shop cost are going to be forced to run a class they cant handle or not come to the race? I'm guessing this is going to hurt entries at every race until the rule is changed.

People are being punished for being offered a LITTLE bit of help from small companies to help both parties, one to keep racing and one to stay in business.
There are a lot of "deals" out there that belong to people just to help all companies make an extra buck.

I think all this forcing people to either run what they are told to or not come is going to become alot of not comming and less forcing.

BAD DECISION

17.5 is almost as fast as 19 turn was 4 years ago and during that time 19 turn was a class that A lot of factory drivers ran.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
At our local track 17.5 rubber is the biggest class and there are many with partial deals.

13.5 Rubber is faster than 19 turn by a good bit and some people sponsored basically at hobby shop cost are going to be forced to run a class they cant handle or not come to the race? I'm guessing this is going to hurt entries at every race until the rule is changed.

People are being punished for being offered a LITTLE bit of help from small companies to help both parties, one to keep racing and one to stay in business.
There are a lot of "deals" out there that belong to people just to help all companies make an extra buck.

I think all this forcing people to either run what they are told to or not come is going to become alot of not comming and less forcing.

BAD DECISION

17.5 is almost as fast as 19 turn was 4 years ago and during that time 19 turn was a class that A lot of factory drivers ran.
+1

Not coming unless I can run 17.5. At this point I think roar and other promotors did there job of kill foam TC so I'm fine with just rubber doesn't make me happy but oh well.

Besides I thought roar couldn't make any changes like this without a vote from its members? I mean why am I even a member unless I get to vote on changes?

And Dawn if roar wasn't trying to kill foam how come The host track had to ask for a Foam TC class?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Since its mostly RUBBER tire racing... do we still need to lay out the carpet?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit

Komkit, no team Whole Foods shirt for you.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Very interested in possibly making the trip down from Montreal, Canada. I would be running my Gen X in 13.5 class.

Sean
Old 10-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

BAD DECISION

Or maybe it will encourage some people to attend the race who might not have done so. I didn't see anyone shouting down Scotty Ernst when he established an amateur only class at the IIC.

This is a step in the right direction whether you like it or not.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, I am really disappointed with all of RC. The last two years have seen so many changes that any attempt to reduce cost is outweighed by the lack of ability to plan ahead. My plans have been forced to change a few times just since the end of last season. Now I'm told that my 17.5's are useless to me at a ROAR event. Just because I get a break on pricing...which by the way at times I can buy cheape on line. My Foam touring I got a month before the end of the season will soon be useless.

ROAR if your trying to grow the hobby it may be time to step back and let the dust settle before changing anything. And perhaps some rewording of the 'Sportsman' rules, because personally the help I get would be outweighed by being forced to run a class I feel I am still a season or two from being comfortable in, so I will either not show up, or rethink my quest for sponsorship. Simplest would be just skip the 1 or 2 ROAR events.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

+1 for

Expert 17.5 Rubber
Sportsman 17.5 Rubber

If people don't want to run 13.5 rubber drop it and have a 17.5 Expert Rubber.

The point of these events should be for a good turnout and a good time for all.

Last edited by ChristopherKee; 10-27-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
Or maybe it will encourage some people to attend the race who might not have done so. I didn't see anyone shouting down Scotty Ernst when he established an amateur only class at the IIC.

This is a step in the right direction whether you like it or not.
at the same time a National champion from 08 ran stock with full factory support and a questionable proto-type ESC and owned the field.

I agree it is a step in the right direction but I think it was a knee jerk reaction and not a well laid out process for seperating the skill levels. A more logical step would have been to drop a single class from the national list and and add an ametuer only class for those not wanting to run potentially with a faster guy. But leave a stock option for the moderately sponsored guys and don't stop the potential growth of ability but prevent the 'Sportsman guys from trying an "expert class". I now a lot of top notch drivers who choose not to seek sponsorship, a lot of medium ability drivers who seek some help to TRY to compete, and a lot of sponsors in turn who try to help the grassroot racers.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miller tyme
at the same time a National champion from 08 ran stock with full factory support and a questionable proto-type ESC and owned the field.
That was 1/12 17.5, which was actually open to any driver. Scotty's class was TC 17.5. Confusing, I know...

My question is if you are seeking sponsorships, why are you running the slowest class? A long time ago, used used to have to run mod to have any sort of serious sponsorship. Now we hear about factory drivers "forced" to run stock/17.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.