Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD >

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Old 10-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
same classes as always - the track did request a deviation for 13.5 foam and a WGT class.

Yes. Sportsman Stock (new name) will be 17.5BL and Sportsman only.

Guys wanting to run Expert Super Stock and Open Modified (new names) may run both classes but not Sportsman Stock.
MOD FOAM! MOD FOAM! MOD FOAM!

w00t!
Old 10-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Who exactally will be allowed to run "Sportsman"
Me, because I'm always a "Sportsman"

Old 10-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1fastdude

Team Horizon-Team Spektrum-JR Racing-John's BSR Racing Tires-Parma/PSE-Team Epic-Team Shepherd-Team Corally-CEFX-TQ Racing Products-RCAmerica-Max Power Engines-Rocket Science Fuel-Finish Line-TNT-FX.COM-PRS Gears-Dynamite-YBSlow-Muddslide Motorsports-Alien ArtWerX
well, as I see all the sponsors in your signature here... I can honestly say, your no sportsman...

It will be good to see this class go back to its original intent.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey, I'm talking here.........................trying to drum up some business

Remember "Keep yur mouth shut, when your talking to me!"

How do you know they're my sponsors? Might just be some aquaintances..............
Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Dawn,
It would be great if there was a Junior and Master designation for this race. Especially Junior as a way to get more young people in this great hobby/sport and retain them. The Track and mid-Atlantic area is already attracting a good talent pool in this area and it would be great to recognize them. No need to be a separate class, the Master and Junior run in the respective class and the highest finisher is eligible for the Master and Junior Champion.
5.3.2.2 When Juniors and Masters categories are run, the following rules will apply:
  • Juniors must be 15 years old or younger on the final day of the event.
  • Masters must be at least 40 years old or 45 if on road fuel, on the first day of qualifying.
  • At Level 4-5 events, proof of age is required for entry in the Juniors or Masters categories. Proof of age for Juniors is provided by means of a Birth Certificate, and for Masters by means of a government-issued ID or Driver’s License.
  • At Level 5 events, Juniors and Masters may enter other classes in the open category, but not in the same vehicle type.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, I'm talking here.........................trying to drum up some business

How do you know they're my sponsors? Might just be some aquaintances..............

True.. I don't.. but its being represented as sponsors in the typical way thats done in a message forum....

Drum business all you can Eli..

Yep, Juniors and Masters programs would be wonderful... although, with so many classes already at events, its hard to water down the choices even more.... BUT... in this case, very important to work on....
Old 10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Yep, Juniors and Masters programs would be wonderful... although, with so many classes already at events, its hard to water down the choices even more.... BUT... in this case, very important to work on....
Something that often happens in the UK is rather than splitting separate classes, a separate award is given to the top junior at an event. That way, it still awards the driver but doesn't add extra classes or water any down.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

I am certainly in for mod rubber if it is offered.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If your going to be at this race, there is no way I am missing it.......
Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Hey Dawn,
It would be great if there was a Junior and Master designation for this race. Especially Junior as a way to get more young people in this great hobby/sport and retain them. The Track and mid-Atlantic area is already attracting a good talent pool in this area and it would be great to recognize them. No need to be a separate class, the Master and Junior run in the respective class and the highest finisher is eligible for the Master and Junior Champion.
5.3.2.2 When Juniors and Masters categories are run, the following rules will apply:
  • Juniors must be 15 years old or younger on the final day of the event.
  • Masters must be at least 40 years old or 45 if on road fuel, on the first day of qualifying.
  • At Level 4-5 events, proof of age is required for entry in the Juniors or Masters categories. Proof of age for Juniors is provided by means of a Birth Certificate, and for Masters by means of a government-issued ID or Driver’s License.
  • At Level 5 events, Juniors and Masters may enter other classes in the open category, but not in the same vehicle type.
Sounds like a setup. Your son is about 15 years old, right?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Apex
Sounds like a setup. Your son is about 15 years old, right?
I hope not. Otherwise we have a problem with his driver's license. He is 16 and will be 17 in Feb. before the Nats. I was think about your son in 12 years.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I hope not. Otherwise we have a problem with his driver's license. He is 16 and will be 17 in Feb. before the Nats. I was think about your son in 12 years.
At this point, I hope my son is even interested in rc in 12 years.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Regional Moderator

Hey Dawn,
It would be great if there was a Junior and Master designation for this race.
No need to be a separate class, the Master and Junior run in the respective class and the highest finisher is eligible for the Master and Junior Champion.
Why not, since full scale endurance racing runs several classes at the same time, yet they are scored separately. Granted, for RC, it would be slightly different, since cars of the same class would run at the same time. It becomes a scoring/timing issue. The benefit is that there wouldn't have to be separate qualifiers/mains to determine these.

Pro cycling does the same thing (like in the Tour de France) with a U23 (under 23 years old) champ. Also, in the National Cycling Championships, the National Champion is the highest placing US citizen, regarless if they actually win the race or not.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

no sponsored drivers in stock...should be good.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Not a junior class but a junior award would be a good thing . Given to the highest finishing eligiable driver, there also could be lady, and senior awards ( on senior I mean S.S. retirement age ) Something to consider.
Tim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.