Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 One-way?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TC3 One-way?

Hey what are the advantages/ disadvantages of this. Who makes a good one and about what price?
Old 02-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

The advantage of a way one is it has more power during turns and is fully all wheel drive all the time. Much faster in the starights . The disadvantage. IDK
Old 02-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the disadvantage of a one way is when u tag a board, ur very prone to bending or breaking a CVD bone.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Provided your track has half decient traction, you'd probably be faster with a oneway. You'll have more pull out of corners and a crap load more steering. You'll have to change your chassis setup for the oneway though. Dual rates will also have to be turned way down in most cases from 100% to say 50-75% depending on your track. It's all personal preference, some people hate oneways becuase they use alot of braking due to their driving style. I don't brake much so a oneway works well with my driving style and helps me keep tighter lines.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Good grip, you can give it a try. Medium to low grip, I wouldnt do it.

Here you can read more: http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/oneways.asp
Old 02-16-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

advantages - more (especially off-power) steering, no diff to unload during hard cornering, front end pulls adding steering out of the corner

disadvantages - more (especially off-power) steering, more mass/weight, makes using brakes very difficult (car wants to trade ends in lower traction conditions), easier to bend/break axles as there is no diff in the drivetrain to transfer force to

in a nutshell, a one way adds steering. you'll notice the effects of a one-way the most when entering a corner. under hard cornering, a diff can actually unload the inside tire resulting in 'push'. with a one way, the car tends to turn in much more aggressively. like anything else, it's a tuning option. unless you're racing at just one place, and the one-way is not the hot setup, you should have one in your pit box.

as for who makes a good one, the version 2 tc3 one ways from associated are very reliable. they are manufactured by yokomo, and were originally used in the ntc3, then marketed as a 'heavy duty' option for the tc3 (uses different outdrive cups than ntc3). i believe currently they're just labelled as a plain old 'one way' (no more 'heavy duty').

price, between 52-60 depending on the shop.

if any of this is incorrect on the making/manufacturing portion, please correct me, it is all second hand info.