Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Needed help from drift gurus

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Needed help from drift gurus

Hi

Recently got myself in RC Drifting. I'm using a TC 3 and Mabuchi sport tuned motor. Geared really low for torque.

Using PVC pipes to wrap the tyres. Been getting pretty good drifts.

I know this is a little wide based but the problems is I cant get the drift around in a semi circular manner.

It kinds of wants to get stationary at the apex and even with a little countersteer. It is not oversteering just that the speed is really scrubbed off and the car is like slowly down a lot. Can't get it to wrap the corner with the same speed nicely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any experience to share?

Cheers

Old 02-17-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Drifting

Hi there me and my group of friends are now playing drift
(Due to the lack of races now) From what we try out the setting of the car must be done. Like first use the stiffest spring u can find for your car and also set 0deg camber for the front and rear so u get the most traction(Cause u are using PVC Pipe) and also the ride height also. That is all for setting. The rest i dun think much about it cause the car will not roll do not need traction and is slow.

Now for the fun part.
The driving it is easy our car are set for powerover drift that mean by using more power and a little steering to let it drift.
So for your problem is no problem just try to hold more power in the coner and also give a little steering input that will solve the problem.

Just for you info most of our car are also using the same motor as you cause it is cheap and do not need to do much maintance.

Below is a short clip of our drift video from the first week of us starting drifting.
http://www.jcube-hobby.com/forum/sho...=&threadid=484

http://www.jcube-hobby.com/index.php

1 more thing practise makes prefect.