Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pro 4 or evo 2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default pro 4 or evo 2?

i can get either car and anything thaT I would need for it but dont know which is beter
friend has a t1r and i like it but im not sure what i should go for any advice or know how about each car would be nice
thank u
Old 02-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

get an t1r like ur friend. lol
Old 02-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had the Xray Evo2 w/alum. C-hub...great car. awesome craftsmanship and quality. just won the Birds. One of the best cars out there... but you should get the Factory Team Version if you get the XRay. has all the updated option parts.
I now have the Pro4... Great car as well...
Which ever car you get...both will be very competative...
Old 02-15-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If I was looking to buy a new Xray right now I'd be waiting for the Factory Team kit....

I've even heard that it will be the same price as the FOC edition since it won't include the pivot ball susp, but it DOES have lots of updates...

prepare yourself though..there are people on this board that badmouth Xray because they release updated kits...since 2001 they've had the T1, EVO2, T1R, and EVO2 FOC..and not Factory Team...these people claim that Xray keeps releasing new kits making their old stuff outdated....don't believe them...Xray's hopups and new parts are compatible with brevious kits!! I can put FOC parts on my original T1...they evolve their design and parts support never seems to be an issue.

The Pro 4 looks like a really interesting design too...I guess you really need to decide if you want to run belt or shaft....brace yourself though...a couple of buddies came back from Cleveland mumbling about rumours of an Xray shaft drive car...this rumour has been around for a while....but thses guys were talking about a convertable kit...to run belt or shaft...I can't see how without major changes, but I'd be VERY surprised to see Xray launch any TC item that isn't in some way compatible with their existing user base
Old 02-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Factory team Xray?
Old 02-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well since your friend has an Xray car, If i was you I would get that one aswell. So its easier for both of you to bounce ideas off of...
Old 02-15-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looking forward to the Xray shaft car...probably another year or two away...
Old 02-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd get the pro 4. It's cheaper, parts will be easier to obtain and you wont have to worry about saddle packs. On the other hand, the xray t1 i used to have was one of the best cars i've ever built. However, until the parts distribution improves, i'll never buy another one.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Xray is also one of the best handling and indestructible touring cars ever created. I have an Evo 2, and can't fathom the idea of ever owning anyother touring car. I had a tc3 (racer & factory team), xxx-s, pro 2, pro 3 and Tamiya TB 3vo 3, and nothing has ever com close to the Xray evo 2. Part support is no problem if you have internet access. Besides, if you get the evo 2 (with pivot ball setup) you will rarely break anything. No other C-hub equip car can take a hit like an Xray. The car is also very balanced with the saddle pack set-up. The batteries and motor are the heaviests thing on the car, so why have them on the sides? Get an Xray, NOW!!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by jay272
The Xray is also one of the best handling and indestructible touring cars ever created. I have an Evo 2, and can't fathom the idea of ever owning anyother touring car. I had a tc3 (racer & factory team), xxx-s, pro 2, pro 3 and Tamiya TB 3vo 3, and nothing has ever com close to the Xray evo 2. Part support is no problem if you have internet access. Besides, if you get the evo 2 (with pivot ball setup) you will rarely break anything. No other C-hub equip car can take a hit like an Xray. The car is also very balanced with the saddle pack set-up. The batteries and motor are the heaviests thing on the car, so why have them on the sides? Get an Xray, NOW!!!!
parts support is a problem when you can't get the parts. Internet or not, if the parts aren't in stock it's frustrating. Otherwise yah, the car is excellent.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

parts arent an issue since i my lhs is gonna start carrying xray i think ill go with the xray now thanx for the info too
Old 02-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Corey Bernardo
Well since your friend has an Xray car, If i was you I would get that one aswell. So its easier for both of you to bounce ideas off of...
I'll second this.
Old 02-16-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jay272....check out the posts on the last couple of pages of the Xray T1 thread...

I think it's the Xray Factory Kit or something like that as the official name...will have revised bulkheads, short arms, C-Hub only, lightweight spring steel outdrives, and a list of other trick parts...and I've read one report indicating that it will be the same price as the current Freedom of Choice edition...definitely worth a look...

A good friend of mine is a Team Associated faithful...loves all their stuff...has driven TC3's all along and currently has 2 FT TC3's tricked right out...and I think that he's going to be giving the new Xray a try....

One thing that I've heard to almost totally bulletproof the Xray of any generation is to install a good WIDE front bumper...and after that the car should be near indestructible(just what I read will be torture testing mine this weekend)
Old 02-16-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, it's called "T1 Factory Kit" - go to www.teamxray-com, and there's a link for it on the frontpage.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

You might want to see which would fit your driving style better. I've raced with both cars(FTTC3 andXRAY EVO2 w/c hub) and I was a little faster with the FTTC3 b/c it fit my driving style more. Good Luck!!! Both cars were great though, especially, durability of XRAY.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.