R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What kind of battery do you like? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/33579-what-kind-battery-do-you-like.html)

AsiaTees 02-15-2004 09:54 AM

What kind of battery do you like?

Hi there,

I am the owner of AsiaTees Company. We sell only GPM Hop-Ups. We will be expanding our business and is thinking about stocking some battery cells. We are conducting a survey on what battery people buy.

My question is:

What kind of battery do you guys want?
Sanyo or GP?
Matched or unmatch?
Assembled or assemble-yourself?
Tamiya style battery pack or Deans style?
3300mah or 2400mah?
Is factory matched battery good enough?
How often do you buy battery?
Do you buy a few battery packs at a time?

Please help us out on this. We will be stocking what your perference is.

Thanks in advance.
Jason

JusBox 02-15-2004 12:11 PM

gp 3300
unassembled
factory matched not good enough (maybe for practice)
I tend to buy two or more packs at the same time to save on shipping.
I buy at least two packs a month whenever possible.
The only battery connectors i use are the corrally style.

TexRacer 02-15-2004 12:28 PM

Jason being your in Honk Kong the market there is VERY different there.Tamiya connectors and preassembled,unmatched are fine for most of your purchases.
Racers only account for 7-13% of the batter market anyway.
When it comes to racers this is what most are looking for.
Unassembled,no connector,and the following.
GP3300's are the way to go hands down.Cheaper for you as well as the consumer.Expecially in america where trinity owns the rights to Sanyo and Panasonic.
The yield higher voltage,true mah rating,and lower resistance than the Sanyo's.
The Sanyo's are fragile cells,not a true 3300mah all the time,less voltage and HIGHER resistance.Plus more expensive for the consumer.
Now I am speaking on prices based on american cells.
If people DIDNT know or new to this hobby GP's have been the best thing for electric since sliced bread.
Since the "EVIL" Trinity empire has distribution rights to Sanyo and Panasonic they control the pricing.Hell I paid more for my 1700 matched packs than I am for 3300's being GP's.
2400's are almost impossible to get ahold of over here due to being nicads.Plus anyone that follows batteries knows as soon as a NEWWER cell comes out trinity had sanyo weakin the cell that was BEFORE that.Like when 2400's were new they had SWEET voltage,long runtime and low resistance.As soon as the 3000's came out 2-3 months later you were down 20-30 seconds on runtime,voltage went from 1.16-1.17's at 20 amps to 1.14's and 1.15's.Resistance went from low to mid teens to low 20's.This has happened since 1700's.
So nicads or 2400's will probally be a bad choice.
Reasons are the following.Probally more expensive than GP3300's,less voltage,higher resistance and less runtime.
Goodluck with your buisness and I hope the following info helps.
Les

AsiaTees 02-15-2004 08:33 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it!

I have been doing some research myself and decides to go for GP3300 too. I found out GP have different colors for the 3300 batteries. Red, green&orange, and maybe orange? What are the differences? Does GP weaken its cells when a new one higher mah comes out(if i am not wrong 3300 is the first battery GP produces)? Do you know if there is a distributor for GP in the States?
Also how much is a Tamiya style assembled GP3300 in your hobby store, and each unassembled cell?

Sorry for all the many questions.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

lee82gx 02-15-2004 08:49 PM

Jason,

Where i live, people go for more packs instead of a few race packs(team matched).It's bcos many do realize that the speed comes from consistency and not powerful packs.
Many A mainers i know of still practice with unmatched packs,and only in races would they bring out the expensive cells.

So,what we'd like to see is : more affordable packs,around the the US$30-40 range.Whether or not they are matched or have good numbers is secondary.

To answer your questions..
1.GP3300
2.whatever level of matching that fits the price tag.Not rejects though.
3.Definitely loose cells
4.Again,loose.
5.once or twice a year.
6.as much as $150-200 can buy.