Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I try to have as many colors as possible on my car, helps keep all the bases covered
Haha thats for sure!

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
yeah more stable on power , the rear grip seams to be increased without running more rear toe ,

i don't know why , i just tried it once and like it

i am going to try 1.5 degrees inboard toe and the 1 degree on the hub

see if this fixes my front end push (understeer)
What body are you running? To get my T3 to steer like I wanted it running a LTCR was the best thing I did. The car doesnt get all upset with the body like past cars did in mod. It works really well with aggressive bodies, and gets rid of that initial/mid corner push

Originally Posted by cyclone x
i got bored so i did that lol with mirrow chrome paint
Lmao! Thats awesome!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
And I thought paint pen'ing my Jaco Blues wheels so they looked like SJR black wheels was bad . You gotta post some pictures some place.
I actually took a sharpie to my jaco wheels at a club race a few weeks ago. I had a dark purple body with blacked out wheels, it looked bitchen.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
I actually took a sharpie to my jaco wheels at a club race a few weeks ago. I had a dark purple body with blacked out wheels, it looked bitchen.
Anything with black wheels is bitchen.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Where is your push? In? Out? Slow? Fast?
on the VERY fast left onto out straight

i am having to come off the gas to turn in then i loose straight line speed and an a sitting duck for the other guys

the car is almost perfect for our track just this small problem , it got better with thicker oil all round 400 rear 500 front
Old 04-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
I like chrome, it makes you faster!!
It makes me blind... lol
Old 04-07-2010, 04:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

on the VERY fast left onto out straight

i am having to come off the gas to turn in then i loose straight line speed and an a sitting duck for the other guys

the car is almost perfect for our track just this small problem , it got better with thicker oil all round 400 rear 500 front
id suggest going heavier still on your front oil. i looked at the setup you posted on March 17th. I would suggest going to the +0.75 hinge pin holders on the front of your car. When I made that change during the end of indoor carpet season my car started to come alive - reacting very quickly to direction change and completing corners like it has never before. I had my first outing on asphalt with the T3 last weekend -- and i took my same setup and once i put softer springs on the car was actually pretty good.

the setup also shows you running a rear sway bar -- have you tried the car w/o it?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would try shortening the front upper camber link. It will make the car react faster and provide a bit of camber gain for mid-corner steering.

I run both camber links short and high on my T3 for rubber/asphalt. Wakes the car up and allows me to run more droop and softer springs. Our track in very fast with medium bite, if a bit dusty.

Mike
Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Features
I would try shortening the front upper camber link. It will make the car react faster and provide a bit of camber gain for mid-corner steering.

I run both camber links short and high on my T3 for rubber/asphalt. Wakes the car up and allows me to run more droop and softer springs. Our track in very fast with medium bite, if a bit dusty.

Mike
ok , how do i shorten the camber links ?? is this with the quick roll centre adjusters ??

also which is the longest/shortest position on the roll centre adjusters ?? 1,2,3 or 4
Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok , how do i shorten the camber links ?? is this with the quick roll centre adjusters ??

also which is the longest/shortest position on the roll centre adjusters ?? 1,2,3 or 4
Use position #4 on the quick roll center adjusters. I think the car transitions faster and has more grip mid-corner because of the extra camber gain.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I will be running this track next weekend (CRO - Sintra, Portugal) for the 1st round of Portuguese National Champs.

I have a T3, LRP SXX TC and X12 6.5T Motor.
I´m new to TC racing.

Any ideias for a base setup ? gearing ? tyres ?

Thanks for any help.

Track picture in attachment
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T3-cnsintraelect2010.jpg  
Old 04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i am going to try 1.5 degrees inboard toe and the 1 degree on the hub

see if this fixes my front end push (understeer)
It will be extremely loose under normal conditions. If your track has stupid high traction it might be ok, but otherwise it'll be loose. We've already tried it and tried numerous options to counter the looseness, but no avail.

If you do happen to make it work, let us know how you did it.

On the flip side, using 2.5 inner / 1 outer for 3.5 total will really help on a loose track or with big power
Old 04-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Features
Use position #4 on the quick roll center adjusters. I think the car transitions faster and has more grip mid-corner because of the extra camber gain.
tried this

didn't work for me
Old 04-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
id suggest going heavier still on your front oil. i looked at the setup you posted on March 17th. I would suggest going to the +0.75 hinge pin holders on the front of your car. When I made that change during the end of indoor carpet season my car started to come alive - reacting very quickly to direction change and completing corners like it has never before. I had my first outing on asphalt with the T3 last weekend -- and i took my same setup and once i put softer springs on the car was actually pretty good.

the setup also shows you running a rear sway bar -- have you tried the car w/o it?
i thought the +75 hinge pin holders removed grip ??

i will go harder on the oil all round see if this helps , also going to try softer springs

i am maybe thinking that is is just me wanting too much through that corner
Old 04-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

tried this

didn't work for me
What body are you running? And are you running the chassis posts?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

i thought the +75 hinge pin holders removed grip ??

i will go harder on the oil all round see if this helps , also going to try softer springs

i am maybe thinking that is is just me wanting too much through that corner
The +75 holders can sometimes reduce grip but should increase the steering reaction time.

Try narrowing the front track at the wishbones to 1.15mm shims

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.