Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
This car scared me a number of times down the straight. The sound that beast makes me 'ing. Sitting next to the sweeper, I could hear it over nitros. BEAST. Keep up the good work.
That is sweet!! love the black ones,had my 009 blacked out
Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
All the best cars are blacked out

They always come out nice
Old 04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

real close to getting mine sent out to ya
Old 04-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

No offense but I actually hate the look of a blackened out car, it makes them look cheap and kinda corny to my eye.

It never ceases to amaze me the mentality of the human being, back when cars where all black people added colored bits to trick them out. Now that cars come with trick colored and anodized bling bits, people blacken them out to make them look mundane again.

No flamming necessary here folks just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Its an oldie but a goodie, and I finally looked at my 2010 Orions and they don't have fans.
Exactly! It runs strong! And hmmm, I wonder how they compare to the new lrp motors

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
How its done!

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
No offense but I actually hate the look of a blackened out car, it makes them look cheap and kinda corny to my eye.

It never ceases to amaze me the mentality of the human being, back when cars where all black people added colored bits to trick them out. Now that cars come with trick colored and anodized bling bits, people blacken them out to make them look mundane again.

Thats good, makes my car look unique If we all agreed and everyone had the same car it wouldnt be any fun
Old 04-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

@blackedoutrevo - how is your servo mounted? i see a lack of mounting posts
Old 04-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
You have not mentioned roll centers........... These are very important so is the wheelbase! Use low roll center blocks in the front and make the top link as long and as flat as you can get it and as flat as possible.
On the rear try high roll center and angle the upper arm with a 1 or 2 mm. shim under it on the rear hub. Droop also effects steering , more chassis lift in the rear off power will give more steering entering a corner.....
Paul Rush............
this is my currant set up

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=1358&setup=t3
Old 04-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cribbin
@blackedoutrevo - how is your servo mounted? i see a lack of mounting posts
Well its quite simple actually, He is psycho and he cuts off the servo ears. Then shoe goo's the servo to the chassis. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was walking around with a necklace with ears on it....
Old 04-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Hey, its interesting to see how similar peoples set ups are for completely different conditions. Your using the optional 2 hole arms front and rear? How do you find these?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Hey, its interesting to see how similar peoples set ups are for completely different conditions. Your using the optional 2 hole arms front and rear? How do you find these?
i only bought them because i needed a new on after a little pilot error

i find them really good the grip is improved all round , i want to spend the day at the track trying differant things but the weather has better ideas for me LOL

maybe this afternoon
Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Ive had these on my car for ages Ben. They are really good. If you want a more stable car with less steering, use the outer holes. If you want more steering and a less stable car, use the inner hole Personally i use the inner hole. I only use the rear arms though.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Ive had these on my car for ages Ben. They are really good. If you want a more stable car with less steering, use the outer holes. If you want more steering and a less stable car, use the inner hole Personally i use the inner hole. I only use the rear arms though.
this was going to be my next adjustment

i will go to the inner holes on the rear arms
Old 04-06-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3

Does this help you cut through the track like a machete???
Old 04-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Whats the difference between using shims behind the rear arm holders and using the outboard hubs with different toe built into them. Is there a handling difference or is it just 2 of the same ways to adjust the same thing?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08

See, only so many people do a fully blacked out car. Many use colored shims and screws that match electronics on the car. Wanna use a blue esc? Black out the parts, pick up some blue screws and BAM! Clean ride. Blue esc and orange parts?

Just my .02, but most people that do not like the blacked out look, don't even make a attempt to have a clean car. Multiple color wire, no color way, just a insane amount of goofy-ness. I'm not saying your like this, just a lot of big mouth people I've talked to at tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.