Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

I have actually seen this car in action and I can say its the real deal.

The car seems to carry more initial corner speed then the 009 and the modifications made for cell placement real help for balance refinements. Of course, the guy doing the driving yesterday is a bit of a super star (the wouldn't have the car otherwise) and I'm sure he could make an FK04 look good against the lattest gear but as I always say, If it looks good, it normally is.

I for one will be placing an order with my LHS later today.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

I find it interesting that people complain about the battery being on one side and the electronics on the other when my rubber car has just as much weight bolted on to the left side as it does inserts under the battery. Maybe I got lucky with the equipment I use, but I really don't see where a LiPo is that light in comparison to the other electronics.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is that leg on the motor mount new for the T3?
Yes.
I think TRF416 is the first one comeout with a centerlined leg on front of motor mount...

Anyway, I'm glad I fire-sold my T2'008.5 about 3mons ago and move to buggy. I'm NOT doing another Xray unless they finally realize buggy is bigger market and comeout a true innovated X-buggy...
Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

a T3 is great for everyone looking to buy a 2nd hand 009.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

IMHO, the Suspension mounts look like they may be a good place for tweek or bends. The HB/Tamiya mounts have a much more substantial "bridge" between the two sides, and they bend when hit hard enough. The inner front appears to have one screw, I would be concerned with the durability of that for average drivers. The Tamiya one piece mounts have two screws...

I am no engineer, so I am probably incorrect, but just kind of stood out to me.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default comical

All the talk about being the same as the 009, etc. If this car is .1 faster per lap, everyone will buy it. If you take the motor being moved inward by a few mm, and the batteries being moved outward a couple of mm, you can balance the car at a lighter weight, and have more weight inward, which will make the car a little more balanced and a tick faster.

My only suggestion is to have a lipo only chassis without the cutouts (hop-up?)

The only way to significantly change the design of the car is go the everything down the middle route (jrxs-type r) but that would mean very short arms. And the only way to get longer arms with everything down the middle is to run 3 belts and 2 layshafts. So the question to all the negative commentators is: do you want a better conventional layout, or a radically new layout that might bomb?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

+1
mi4 clamp idea for the motor mount is really good
Old 10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I look forward to the next Xray. Paul L is a force to be reckoned with.

Plus Bill Jacobs told me to.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billjacobs
[...]

The only way to significantly change the design of the car is go the everything down the middle route (jrxs-type r) but that would mean very short arms.
[...]

Not necessarily. I was looking forward to see if Losi would further develop their design which I like very much even if I don't have the car. You can have longer arms with their design, but they need to articulate inside the bulkheads. The driveshafts however will stay short unless some clever design of the diff will allow the driveshaft to couple with the outdrive deep inside the outdrive.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default new designs

The corally 1/12 mini tc had the arms through the bulkhead (I think.) The problem is you are adding more complexity and parts without having to. As for the diffs on the losi, the reason they are so wide is to run 2 belts instead of 3. You could try to invent something, but again, you are adding more parts and complexity without having to. The xray basic design is the national and world champion in every class.

Another thing, I've always thought that the biggest problem with the everything down the middle design is you don't get very much roll and the car self corrects very quickly. This is great on carpet, not so great on lower traction surfaces.

Anyway, to each their own. I've always liked the xray quality and the fact that you don't have to sand or modify anything and the car goes together perfectly. Plus the cars are very durable. I am sure the new one won't be any different.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think its great that Xray are developing the T3, even if the differences are minimal, as long as it is positive then why not? I own a 009 and I don't feel 'jipped' by Xray with them releasing a new car for the next year. I bought the 009 knowing full well they update every year and for the people who don't like it or complain about a new model each year - you don't have to buy it if you don't want to.

Can't wait to see the final production pics.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It's not. It's a little lighter in comparison to the older style batteries.

Originally Posted by punkboy
I really don't see where a LiPo is that light in comparison to the other electronics.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V_28
I think its great that Xray are developing the T3, even if the differences are minimal, as long as it is positive then why not? I own a 009 and I don't feel 'jipped' by Xray with them releasing a new car for the next year. I bought the 009 knowing full well they update every year and for the people who don't like it or complain about a new model each year - you don't have to buy it if you don't want to.

+1000
Old 10-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V_28

i concur
Old 10-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billjacobs
All the talk about being the same as the 009, etc. If this car is .1 faster per lap, everyone will buy it. If you take the motor being moved inward by a few mm, and the batteries being moved outward a couple of mm, you can balance the car at a lighter weight, and have more weight inward, which will make the car a little more balanced and a tick faster.

My only suggestion is to have a lipo only chassis without the cutouts (hop-up?)

The only way to significantly change the design of the car is go the everything down the middle route (jrxs-type r) but that would mean very short arms. And the only way to get longer arms with everything down the middle is to run 3 belts and 2 layshafts. So the question to all the negative commentators is: do you want a better conventional layout, or a radically new layout that might bomb?
radically new layout? ummm like the Xray NT1? i'd say they know a thing or two about it. Maybe it's just not as good as current design for EP? Who knows?

I agree with you, if it is faster i will buy it, only thing is i have to buy it to find out oh well thats what credit cards are for...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.