XRAY T3

Old 12-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

orbital, the last step has to be bleeping the air and oil from the bottom cap. That's the only way I'm aware of to build these shocks with no bubbles.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

when you take the bottom cap off instead of pumping the shaft try pushing it in about half way and holding it there. i find that when you pump the shaft it only allows air to get into the shock. then put the cap back on while holding the shaft in the same spot. works perfect every time for me, ive never had any trouble building them
Old 12-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

i do something similar i rock it in the middle of the motion

if i go full length air come in and if i go all the way in air comes in so i kinda rock it in the middle ultra slowly

and after a small while lock it back up and generally get about 50% reound thats without drilling a hole in the cap. if i wanted more i think i would have to do that because getting any lower is just not possible for me yet i guess there is a knack to it and just takes practice
Old 12-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone else noticed that the shock T3 bladders are different material than previous xray shocks? Used to be like silicone, now they seem like rubber or something. Wonder why?
Old 12-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

The new bladders don't swell as much if at all.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks for the tips everyone. I will give them a shot soon. That said, I did take my car out for about 20 practice laps yesterday. I am a believer in Xray now. I bested my fastest lap (which was the track record until a couple days ago) about 10 laps in and matched it several times after that will ease. The fit and finish of an Xray might be a little overstated but the on-track performance I am extremely pleased with! Very easy to drive.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

What I did to build the shocks was use the shock pump multiple times. I found that if I only removed the air one time that it wasn't sufficient. I now use the air remover tool until I see no more bubbles surfacing while I pump.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
I'm building up my T3. I've never built Xray shocks before. I tried to follow the instructions to a T but my shocks seem squishy like they have air in them. I got all the bubbles out with a shock air remover pump. Any tips?

Also I found that it seems to take a lot more in and outs of the shock to bleed them at the bottom for rebound than the instructions say. What am I doing wrong?
I think the quickest way to learn is to ask someone who really knows what they're doing to show you. It's pretty easy once you get the idea, but it can be difficult trying to read and do stuff at the same time.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

They are emulsion shocks. Air is part of the equation.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
I think the quickest way to learn is to ask someone who really knows what they're doing to show you. It's pretty easy once you get the idea, but it can be difficult trying to read and do stuff at the same time.
Sounds great! Someone post a video for me!
Old 12-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
They are emulsion shocks. Air is part of the equation.
They're a bladder shock, there shouldn't be any air in the shock.

Emulsion shocks do not contain bladders, such as old Yok, Associated shocks.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
What I did to build the shocks was use the shock pump multiple times. I found that if I only removed the air one time that it wasn't sufficient. I now use the air remover tool until I see no more bubbles surfacing while I pump.
I have always found this.

I pull the shock rod down so the piston is at the bottom, then use the shock pump.
Now push the piston so it's near the top (but make sure it's still below the surface of the oil) and use the pump again.

I repeat the above a few times until I'm getting no air at all out.

Now it should be sorted

Skiddins
Old 12-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
They're a bladder shock, there shouldn't be any air in the shock.

Emulsion shocks do not contain bladders, such as old Yok, Associated shocks.
I stand corrected.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Ive only ever bought second hand Xrays and have never built one new. I've got a Question about bearing's and a new kit. It says in the manual to oil all the bearings before install. Are people taking out the blue seals and oiling them that way or just giving them a light smear and in they go? Also, does anyone rebuild the diff from factory? Or just install that and away you go?
Old 12-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Ive only ever bought second hand Xrays and have never built one new. I've got a Question about bearing's and a new kit. It says in the manual to oil all the bearings before install. Are people taking out the blue seals and oiling them that way or just giving them a light smear and in they go? Also, does anyone rebuild the diff from factory? Or just install that and away you go?
with the bearings just drop a bit of oil on the blue seal and let them sit for a little bit, the oil will seep through.

and yes, i would rebuild the diff. i dont think many people do, but i like to make sure everything is right, and you can build it much better than what it comes like anyway

cheers

ben

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.