Originally Posted by or8ital
I should receive (fingers crossed) my T3 in the next week (after 5 weeks on backorder). Its been a long wait. Any build tips specific to Xray or the T3 I should be aware of? This is the first Xray I have owned. Im aware of all the typical stuff on CAing the chassis, etc.
1. Put a set-screw in the empty hole of the rear uprights. This keeps it from stripping out on side impact.
2. If you have any binding with the arms do not sand the outside edges. Just loosen the screws underneath the car, tap the back of the arm with your screwdriver handle, and then re-tighten the screws.
3. Channel locks help when putting the quick roll centers together.
4. Pay attention to the shiny side of the plastic ball holders.
5. For rubber tire racing the shocks seem to work well with the 3 hole piston and the foam removed.
6. Oil the bearings, they come dry.
7. Rebuild and oil both the cvd's and the diff. The diff requires the right tool to pull out the clip.
8. Sand the chassis cut outs where you put the tape through. If you don't round the edges there it will cut through your battery tape on semi hard impacts.
9. Always, always, pay attention to the screw length you use in different places of the car. And when you're changing the cars setups, always pay attention to screw length changes as you add or remove shims.
10. Roll center blocks have dots on them that show high, middle, low (+75 0 -75). Pay attention to that when you build the car or adjust the roll center later.
Thats all I can think of.