Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T3

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

The Exotex Chassis works excellently for me. I only needed 10 grams to get it perfectly balanced, and some of this depends on electronics placement and etc. As EA said, battery tape installation takes some getting used too, but the tape will last longer. I know of a few others who are also very satisfied with this chassis.

Sam
Old 08-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I just got to run my Exotek chassis for the first time this weekend. It ran very well for me on our low bite track. It balanced very good and did not have to add any weights with a 17.5 motor to get it balanced....just the stock ones it comes with. The battery tape part of it takes a little getting used to but it works awesome once you learn how to run the tape and use it. 1 piece will probably last all week at the IIC!! LOL

EA
Eric here's how I tape my pack in

EDIT: I shoulda elaborated a bit. You can't see it but each piece of tape is looped through and stuck onto itself and now I just use a small bit of tap to connect both pieces while the pack is in the car.
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T3-imag0043.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
it drives good

The problem with the stock chassis is the battery side is 10mm wider then the motor side and the stock chassis is 2.5mm thick

I wanted a 2.0mm chassis and after speaking with Paul Lemieux i decided to build my own

Start of with the balance pin holes , drill them out with a 2mm drill hole then put an M2 bolt and nut through them then scribe the motor side of the chassis , turn the original chassis over and trace the motor side again so you have an equal left right chassis

Then cut it out with a Dremmel , cuttin out only the holes you need , diff,spool, and battery tape holes

Then drill out the holes for ONLY the hole you need this will give better control of flex , use a 3mm drill for this

Then countersink , this is where i made a silly mistake and drilled a hole too big when the countersink drill snatched the chassis from my hands

i used a piller drill for the holes , to make sure the holes were straight through the chassis , drilling through the original chassis

then for the motor resess i set the piller drill platform at 1mm below the side drill bit then mark the chassis where you want the motor resess then carefully cut away

chassis made
May be if you make another you could use one of these, the ball bearing would follow the OEM chassis whilst the bit would cut the CF. This is what Ill be using when I make mine.

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=30644

I still like the look of your chassis though, how does it perform compared to the exotek??

Last edited by michael.branth; 08-23-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: forgot attachment
Old 08-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michael.branth
May be if you make another you could use one of these, the ball bearing would follow the OEM chassis whilst the bit would cut the CF. This is what Ill be using when I make mine.

I still like the look of your chassis though, how does it perform compared to the exotek??
i dont know about the Exotech chassis as i never used it , but against the stock chassis it is a lot better

none of the scraping on the battery side due to the thinner width i want a 3mm one for the carpet season coming up but i am thinking of taking some time out from the hobby and working some more
Old 08-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
OKAY

i will admit it, your final set-up is great

thank you guys helping Shesha with his set-up that was originally my set-up that was originally Paul lemieux's set-up

drove my T3 eater today and set the fastest lap on the track and also my personal best by 5 seconds and best lap time by 0.2s.

thank you all for making me beat all those T3s around me with my cheap T2R Pro

cheers

Ali
It aint over till it's over....

Hanulec the steering post recommendation spot on bro shaved even more of the laptime today, will see tommorrow, did not run plenty today maybe 4 packs only, spent most of the time setting up other drivers cars, and the rear diff decided to die on me today, so in with a new one, out with the old one.

Steering post recommendation really made the steering more predictable especially on the high grip track we have now.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Shesha - I think I got to move in order to get track time like you. Right now the nearest operating carpet track is 140+ miles away and two others 180+ miles away. Our seasonal carpet track is 87 miles away. Clearly I'm doing something wrong
Old 08-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mike your more then welcome to come try our track just 70,000 miles away from your i think....

I'll try to take my handy cam tomorrow get some vids of our guys and myself running.

I think by the end of this week most of us will be pushing 3.5 Turns for sure. Then we are talking....
Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shesha
I think by the end of this week most of us will be pushing 3.5 Turns for sure. Then we are talking....
Im quite jealous LOL! I wanna run that much motor Anything more then a 4.5 at my track is to much power
Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Im quite jealous LOL! I wanna run that much motor Anything more then a 4.5 at my track is to much power
Whats the size of your track ? and whats the layout ? got any pics ?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:37 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is our track in Adelaide Australia.
http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected]&nmd=20100216
Old 08-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Perhaps;

Remove rear pillars, bit more droop, i.e. 6-5 or even 5-4

Maybe softer front springs. The harder springs might be making the front end hook too much.
Remove some of the steering lock, down to 75% instead of using full lock.
Certainly add rear upper shims, to 3 or 4mm.

Stop trying to copy the 009 setup exactly, the suspension geometry, particularly the rear is different. 4mm on the T3 is almost the same as 2mm on the 009 as the rear upper link mounts higher on the inside on the T3.

Put both cars side by side and look at the back and you will see what I mean.

Skiddins
Forgot to thank you for your previous comment, thanks for the tips
Old 08-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ark
This is our track in Adelaide Australia.
http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected]&nmd=20100216
Holly crap.. what motor you driven on there ?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:52 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im running 5.5 geared at 7.6 but others run 4.5 and 4.0. Nice track hey!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I just got to run my Exotek chassis for the first time this weekend. It ran very well for me on our low bite track. It balanced very good and did not have to add any weights with a 17.5 motor to get it balanced....just the stock ones it comes with. The battery tape part of it takes a little getting used to but it works awesome once you learn how to run the tape and use it. 1 piece will probably last all week at the IIC!! LOL

EA
EA,

Which Exotek chassis did you get? With the steel battery holders or the carbon fiber ones?

Bill
Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ark
Im running 5.5 geared at 7.6 but others run 4.5 and 4.0. Nice track hey!
Hell yeah, I would probably go with a 4.0 full out gearing and see what happens

But damn if we had an outdoor onroad track like that over here, am sure many would be divorced by now.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.