THE BEST 13.5?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Nice to see the results but on the track the GM is as fast as the Speedpassion.
The results on the track say how fast a motor is.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

alright i will check out the duo 2 but yes there is solder going across the tabs so i will try to get that off and see if it makes a difference. after i let it sit for a day it felt a LITTLE better, so maybe if i do that it'll go back to normal?

thanks for the replies. if its toast i'll be picking up a duo 2!

edit: YAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fixing the solder so the tabs werent "shorting" out fixed it! feels really good again.

thank you so much for pointing out the solder thing!

Last edited by Double D Donuts; 10-07-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
You were probably just noticing the speed of a brand new motor. Even novak are saying the balistics are no faster than the old ss motors. The DUO's are without doubt the best motors on the market right now. The proof is in the race results.
I agree the ballistics are nice, but they are no faster than the older SS motors.. and that is from putting them both on the speed passion motor analyzer and my own personal experience with running both.

I personally like the epic duo and orion's. Tekin seemed to be pretty fast as well. Im currently running the DUO and I love it
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Company Representative

We could easily claim that our Ballistic series motors are way faster and higher performance than the SS Pros (or any other BL motor), and no one would have the complex manufacturing/testing equipment to prove us wrong. So, to say that they are no higher performance than the SS Pros is not to say that they are any less performance oriented.

The truth is that most of these "which BL motor is better?" threads are based on anecdotal evidence and testimony from factory supported drivers. No one has tested all of the available 13.5 (or any other wind) motors under the rigorous testing conditions necessary to determine the champion.

If you have a burnt stator or demagnetized rotor in your Ballistic motor, you can purchase the replacement parts and repair it yourself. So, in my opinion, Novak's Ballistic motors are the most advanced, state-of-the-art, brushless motors available today....
Old 10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Ballistic Has it's own Class
Build Quality and options are different from the rest...
Well done to Novak for their Great ideas and product....
buy one 13.5 + 10.5 for extra $29.99 only !!!
Or Renew your 13.5T Motor for only $29.99
Old 10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The Novak design is by far the best. I love what they've done with the replaceable stators and such. Now that all the aluminum parts are easily replaced, I'd like to see them offered in different flavors, like popular colors and maybe a smooth surface rather than the ribbed can. I also think Novak makes the best sensor harness, though I'd love to see them use all black wires and connectors, for those of us that can only get it done on the bench.

On the track (13.5), I find the top speed is about the same, but the DUO motors have a more linear feel to them. The Novak seems like it's got a LOT of rip down low, kinda soft in the middle, and then fast on top. I think it makes the Novak harder to drive consistently, though I could see it possibly being an advantage on a tight/technical track if you can control it. The DUO feels like it's got power all over, but not so much that it upsets the car.

I've tried most of the other brands, and don't really feel like they've got anything to offer that Trinity & Novak doesn't already do better. I'd love to see an LRP x12 in spec winds, though, 'cause their mod motors are wonderful.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
The truth is that most of these "which BL motor is better?" threads are based on anecdotal evidence and testimony from factory supported drivers. No one has tested all of the available 13.5 (or any other wind) motors under the rigorous testing conditions necessary to determine the champion.
Now, both our posts probably looked biased since I believe you work for Novak, and I drive for Trinity.

...but Duo-based motors won every class at the On-road Nats last week. I think that speaks highly of the quality and speed of the Team Epic motors.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
If only it was as easy as comparing the specs the manufactures give us we wouldn't have 10 million threads asking which is best. If the data on that link is really true everyone winning in superstock would be running hackers with daylight second. That does not happen which means the manufactures specs are not comparable. Do you really believe a SP 10.5 only has half the power of a hacker 10.5 ?? I have run both and they are very close.

The numbers coming from the guys building their own dyno's, who compare motors under similar conditions, show that their is not much in it. Race results would sugest a DUO (Trinity, Express or Fantom) are the proven winner right now.

As you can see the hacker is not EFRA legal, only ROAR.

And yes i question That power output my selv.

and ROAR is mostly a american thing?

Novac claims they run their motors at 6min flat out and then shows us the average power output over the entire run.
So im pretty sure at least Novac is honnest.

At least i would`t gamble on a motor with unknown performance.