Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Power Brushless Motor Checker >

Team Power Brushless Motor Checker

Team Power Brushless Motor Checker

Old 10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Initiate

As I heard from the TP motor checker manufacturer, the usage of lipo battery in the TP checker because the lipo battery output voltage is quite steady with a sudden high current drawn by the motor. Also, the lipo can provide a constant voltage curve for a period of time and this is the reason why it is commonly to use the lipo in most RC model car today, so the lipo battery can provide a stable source to the checker and make the output results more consistence.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Kv reading will be unaffected by the drop in voltage so that will allow you to compare any motor to previous tests even with a half charged pack. if the system is any good it will have a "soft start up" to eliminate huge current draw with low turn motors. This is a nessesatiy if you are going to use aligator clips like those in the pics anyway. High current would most likely melt them or make the very hot real quick.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Originally Posted by engine.tech
As I heard from the TP motor checker manufacturer, the usage of lipo battery in the TP checker because the lipo battery output voltage is quite steady with a sudden high current drawn by the motor. Also, the lipo can provide a constant voltage curve for a period of time and this is the reason why it is commonly to use the lipo in most RC model car today, so the lipo battery can provide a stable source to the checker and make the output results more consistence.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

In IIC race, there is a TP checker to have demo. I see there are 8 power levels LED on top of the checker. At the start of running, it is default to set as power level 3 and it can use up, down key to increase the power level, so I think it can prevent a huge current drawn by the motor from the start up on the lower start up power level.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

any one know when will be avaliable in US?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

any one know when will be avaliable in US?
It is available now in the US.

http://store.hkshobby.com/product_in...oducts_id=6153
Old 10-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Initiate

good news!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

It's no good asking about Kv ratings as they prove nothing.
As is mentioned everytime a motor checking thread appears, rev's without torque is useless and you can't check torque without putting a load on the motor.

It will have less variables than when we were testing brushed motors but there will still be inaccuracies.

Skiddins
Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
It's no good asking about Kv ratings as they prove nothing.
As is mentioned everytime a motor checking thread appears, rev's without torque is useless and you can't check torque without putting a load on the motor.

It will have less variables than when we were testing brushed motors but there will still be inaccuracies.

Skiddins
Can we put a breakin fan on to give it some load?
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

yes. the measured result will be more accurate if any loading can on the motor. However, this kind of motor checker can allow anyone to check and compare different brand or same brand of BL motors with the same platform. At least the user can know which one is better at the same platform and if the motor is healthy or not. One more important note, I found the ampere reading shown on the checker that can really reflect the punch power to the rc car. In other words, for high ampere reading for the motor which can have more punch power!!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Wink

Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

have any one test it?
Old 11-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

any one have comment on it?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Im almost wondering is you can just connect a simple 10a power supply like the OFNA one to power it.

It could be a simple fix, right?

Charlie b, I thought the same thing too regarding using a power supply. But if my mind serves me right, wouldn't a high amp draw be needed sometimes like much over 30 amps? I know that these lipos can handle quite a bit of amp draw and maybe that is why they are using a 2 cell lipo........
Then again, maybe amp draw would not be a problem since there is no load from what I can see.

Just my .02 cents.....and thoughts
Old 11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by picco007
Charlie b, I thought the same thing too regarding using a power supply. But if my mind serves me right, wouldn't a high amp draw be needed sometimes like much over 30 amps? I know that these lipos can handle quite a bit of amp draw and maybe that is why they are using a 2 cell lipo........
Then again, maybe amp draw would not be a problem since there is no load from what I can see.

Just my .02 cents.....and thoughts
You are probably right. I didn't think about the higher spikes, although, like you said..there isn't any load so who knows at this point. Someone needs to buy one and test so we can all know for sure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.