R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2004, 10:22 AM   #16
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't see how 3rd place is a BAD THING. Kinwald was in 2nd till he got bumped a few times by baker and some other back markers.....Blackstock is fast, but in the end, he beat an offroader by 7 seconds, dunno if I would call that domination. All the cars were fast, but the bump at the end of the straight made it extremely hard to drive the track. Mcmahon was way out in front until he hit it.

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #17
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

eddie o as many ruts and bumps the playing field was even i guess you can say a carpet racer beat an offroader on an offroad carpet track!
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:17 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

saying any one car is better than another....takes alot from the drivers. especially when Associated & Trinity have the best all around drivers in the world. AE won this year and Trinity won last year at Cleveland

i got to see B. Baker's 12L3car in person about 3 weeks ago when he came thru our town. by no means is he running the old 12L3 and i'm sure the other AE team drivers cars are modded in similiar fashion.

the front end was highly modded, the rear pod had a 4th post added on the left t-bar screw which came up to a upper motor pod plate (BUDS Racing Products kit) which had 4 screw hole to stiffen the rear even more. the diff wasn't the AE stock kit item either.

the 6 cell chassis may seem to be a hinderance / eye sore to some. the 4 cells in this chassis are closer to the t-bar (center of car) than 90% of the current 4-cell chassis out there and the weight placement is almost identical to that of a Rugrat chassis (i own one) with the cells shifted all the way back which has shown to be ideal on hi bite carpet.

maybe the Switchblade car was overall easier to drive, more consistent than Reflex 12, and the low factor maybe over rated

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 02-11-2004 at 11:28 AM.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #19
Tech Master

next time you see Chris Doesek ask him what a skull is he'll tell yah!!!!
davepull is offline   Reply With Quote