Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya M03R, set-up  for TRF damper suggestion? >

Tamiya M03R, set-up for TRF damper suggestion?

Tamiya M03R, set-up for TRF damper suggestion?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya M03R, set-up for TRF damper suggestion?

Hello,

I drive a Tamiya M03R, i just bought the TRF damper item 54000 for it.
But i just donīt now a good or bassic set up for it.
I drive on will drive on carpet.

Thanks for your answer.

Last edited by los limbos; 10-03-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi there,From my experience, the most important factor with M03's is to get them low...only 2-3mm of ride height at the front and about 4-5mm at the back. The shock setup doesnt seem to matter so much, but the TRF shocks are threaded so slam the thing down! I can see I have yellow springs on the back..the paint marker has worn off the front spring but from memory they are blue on the front.As for tyres, the kit tyres will work OK on carpet but wear away very fast. The Tamiya S grips and M grips are a safe bet, with the S grips on the front and M grips on the rear (S doesnt stand for soft and M for medium though, which is what I thought initially and reversed the order which didnt work). Other tyres that work well on carpet are HPI X-patterns or Pit SHimuzu treads. Anything treaded will work, but try to aim for a harder compound on the front and softer on the rear, and get the car low. Lastly, if you're using a lipo stick pack add some weight low down in the car. If you're using a lipo stick pack, you can actually get some weight under the battery, and also put some in the rear chassis down low. If you're using a NiMH pack you wont need to add much, if any weight.Good luck...M03's are alot of fun.Cheers,Steve