R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #16
Tech Regular

I went through this deciding on wgt chassis, I personally didn't like the crc on twisty tracks, the battery pack down the middle didn't work for me, also tried the bmi, felt fast and balanced, but in the end I went for a speedmerchant world gt the 1s lipo version, this car is brilliant to drive, weight distribution is spot on. Well worth alook!
jas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I have been very happy with the 10r5 an find no weak parts on the car, but I am still a newb and what do I know..... anyways the changes I have made to the car have been very apparent with each adjustment.
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 AM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have not seen a Speedmerchant until now so canīt say anything about this one but beside this my only choice would be CRC or BMI. The CRC seems very fast and popular among racers but from what I have seen it could twist or break easier than some other cars in a heavy crash.
I personally have gone with the BMI and really like this car. It handles very well as Scooby Horton1 has said already above also it doesnīt twist or tweak.
Quality of parts is the best you could buy in my opinion, just as an example the BMI uses an original IRS rear diff what is the best in the industry also uses the old AE frontend what still is the strongest. I hate when the car breaks.
Regarding setup options maybe you could say you have less options with the BMI but I think you donīt need more also itīs easier to setup especially if itīs your first pan car.
Regarding batteries of course the CRC could run easily any battery configurations out of the box but with a little work the BMI can do the same.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #19
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

The CRC can be adjusted for long, medium and short wheelbase. The more twisty the track the shorter the wheel base. It can also be adjusted for front width which impacts steering performance and helps with traction rolling. It is very easy to get the weight back on the CRC even in 1S form. I would recommend the Powell Racing nerf wings and shorty bumper along with the CRC extra firm front bumper. I do not use the 1S electronics mounting plate, but opt to put the ESC and receiver on the side. I will be switching to 1/2" standoffs on the top deck. This car is also quickly converted to Pro 10 235 mm. No matter which car you decide on, the body will be key. You want to find one with high downforce and low drag. I think most drivers prefer the Protoform Corvette and Sophia for their handling characteristics.
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #20
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

i had a speedmerchant and it was a awesome car but i always had problems getting parts for it. now i have the associated and it's very nice also. i'm sure any of the top name cars will work out good for you.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #21
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Actually the battery down the middle is the new prototype chassis I'm waiting for.It actually worked great for me when it was a wide car, won the B main in stock at the 1999 carpet nationals by a lap, over the field. Did the same for the next three state(Florida) races before I retired the car.Now just waiting for the narrow version to be made.Parts of it are now in production.
Team Epic/Trinity -Michael Bruce Hobbies-Team CRC ,Kimbrough Products GForce and RJSpeed.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam),RJSpeed- Legends &Spec Mod, MudBoss and 386 RaceWay.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Thanks guys for all your input, this is helping alot.

looking at the cars I do know that they are all great, so far I narrowed it down to the CRC & Associated

Like i said before this will be on asphalt, with a short straight mixed with tight to swooping twisties
So my setup will definitely have a short wheelbase & a high downforce body
stronzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

I just finished putting together a Associated 10R5 for WGT, very nice car, the shocks are sweet and I really like the new style front end. The 1 c Lipo fits fine and you can actually take the motor in and out without taking half the rear pod apart!! Taking it out later today for some testing, see how it goes.
LeeH71 is offline   Reply With Quote