R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Xray T2 009 carpet setup with rubber tyres (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/330698-xray-t2-009-carpet-setup-rubber-tyres.html)

FLAT OUT 09-26-2009 12:33 PM

Xray T2 009 carpet setup with rubber tyres

Iam looking for a good carpet setup for rubber tyres racing 13.5. The track lay out will change every week so a good base set up is needed. Also has any one used the standard carpet setup that comes in the xray kit, what was it like. Any advise / tips would be use full. :nod:

Johnny Wishbone 09-26-2009 12:51 PM

Paul Lemieux setup from US Novak Championships (10.5 rubber) is a good setup to begin with. Its on the Xray site.

fullout 09-26-2009 01:03 PM

the standard setup is pretty spot on. I went from a tc5 to the 009 and i won't look back. I couldn't get the tc5 dialed and the 009 i just set up the way the manual recommended and voila, the car handles like it should.

FLAT OUT 09-26-2009 03:33 PM

I should of mentioned that I will have to use RP24 or RP30 tyres

EAMotorsports 09-26-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT (Post 6395005)
Iam looking for a good carpet setup for rubber tyres racing 13.5. The track lay out will change every week so a good base set up is needed. Also has any one used the standard carpet setup that comes in the xray kit, what was it like. Any advise / tips would be use full. :nod:

Me and Drew Ellis ran Paul's reedy race setup on Carpet in 13.5 at the IIC. Its also the same setup that Paul ran and won Mod Rubber with. Very very few small changes. I think he may have his vegas setup on the xray site now. Very easy to drive!!

Pay very close to camber....One of the most sensitive adjustments on the car for rubber tires!

EA

EVILGRAFX 09-26-2009 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 6395800)
Me and Drew Ellis ran Paul's reedy race setup on Carpet in 13.5 at the IIC. Its also the same setup that Paul ran and won Mod Rubber with. Very very few small changes. I think he may have his vegas setup on the xray site now. Very easy to drive!!

Pay very close to camber....One of the most sensitive adjustments on the car for rubber tires!

EA

That setup sheet says he ran a PROTOFORM SPEED 12 body. That must have looked interesting:confused:

I often wonder how accurate setup sheets are. A couple times at the Snowbirds, I saw team managers (I guess) telling the drivers to get their setup sheets together and then watched the drivers piss and moan and scribble whatever on a sheet to turn it in.

EAMotorsports 09-26-2009 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX (Post 6395819)
That setup sheet says he ran a PROTOFORM SPEED 12 body. That must have looked interesting:confused:

I often wonder how accurate setup sheets are. A couple times at the Snowbirds, I saw team managers (I guess) telling the drivers to get their setup sheets together and then watched the drivers piss and moan and scribble whatever on a sheet to turn it in.

Yea I noticed that on there too!

I know that Paul is not one to play around with that stuff as he is one of the most accessible drivers at the races. Always more than willing to let anyone come check out his cars. But I do know what you mean about that!

EA

EVILGRAFX 09-26-2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 6396052)

I know that Paul is not one to play around with that stuff as he is one of the most accessible drivers at the races. Always more than willing to let anyone come check out his cars. But I do know what you mean about that!

EA

Yea, I'm not trying to accuse him of that either and what I saw may have been just been someone having a bad day. Which is why I didn't mention any names. Most of the team drivers I've spoken to have all been more than helpful.

stiltskin 09-26-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 6396052)

EA

Paul SHOULD give out his setup. No one can outdrive him anyway.

RCknight 09-26-2009 09:43 PM

When can we exspect to see some info about the new

motor mount and parts? Expect.

FLAT OUT 09-27-2009 02:03 AM

I have been looking at the setup sheets from Paul and Drew, A few things I noticed. 6 degree caster on both setups ?? short drive shafts - what change or improvement will this give. On Drews setup it says 3.5 deg rear camber ?? seems alot. These are there IIC setups

EVILGRAFX 09-27-2009 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by stiltskin (Post 6396227)
Paul SHOULD give out his setup. No one can outdrive him anyway.

Aren't you through lurking in this thread now that you ordered a Photon?

:lol::p

stiltskin 09-27-2009 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX (Post 6397127)
Aren't you through lurking in this thread now that you ordered a Photon?

:lol::p

If I can't beat you with the same car you're driving, then I need to try something else. If it still doesn't work, at least it will give me an excuse. :lol:

EVILGRAFX 09-27-2009 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by stiltskin (Post 6397171)
If I can't beat you with the same car you're driving, then I need to try something else. If it still doesn't work, at least it will give me an excuse. :lol:

Yea but, if you start beating me, then I have to go buy another car:lol: