Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Nexus Racing has been an awesome crew! No problems with them what so ever! I have met them personally and they are a great bunch. I don't see a problem with them. They often frequent the boards. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. They are not the type of people to "rip" someone off. I also think you are jumping the gun on this one. Contact them here through PM or via email. They will get is straightened out. I mean come on, I can understand the frustration. But get real, you made this order yesterday!

I will always recommend Nexus to people ordering XRay parts or certain odds and ends like batteries, escs, tires, etc.
You got THAT right... They sell one battery for $89, that amain sells for $134. I always go to nexus first... if they dont have what I want, i start going down my list.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Absolutely a simple mistake. But a lot less malicious than the mistake you made when you started this thread.

Put your guns away mac. It will be alright.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Absolutely a simple mistake. But a lot less malicious than the mistake you made when you started this thread.

Put your guns away mac. It will be alright.

+1

get real.....simple mistake, I dont run X-ray but I know and race with these guys and in NO way are you giving them a fair shake... Nexus racing are some awesome crew of guys..PERIOD!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow... overreact much?

Originally Posted by kn7671
Nexus Racing - Fraud Alert

I passing on information regarding my last order with Nexus Racing as an alert to everyone.

Yesterday morning I made a simple overnight order for an SMC 5200 7.4v 50c battery for $129.95, which they showed in stock, along with some XRay '009 front outdrives for the spool. When I got home today, the package was in the mail as expected, overnight, but inside was an SMC 4900 3.7v 50c battery, value $59.95 along with the outdrives.

Attempts to reach Nexus Racing at their published number, 770-659-2901, multiple times only resulted in a full voicemail box, RED FLAG... At this point I now can't race this weekend, paid overnight shipping to have it by Friday, have a battery I cannot use, and Nexus Racing pocketed $70.00 by shipping me incorrectly, seemingly on purpose.

Obviously not happy about this, and until Nexus Racing contacts me and corrects the issue, I would strongly advise anyone against purchasing from Nexus Racing.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Not that it is really necessary at this point... But, I have ordered loads from Nexus over the years and have always received excellent service. Mistakes unfortunately happen, and usually on things you need for the weekend!

Hopefully if it is resolved quickly enough there is still a chance to have a replacement by Saturday with USPS next day (depending on your race day/schedule)....

Mike Slaughter
Old 09-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Paul from Nexus Racing contacted me and has promised to ship me the correct battery overnight, along with a refund of the overnight shipping I previously paid in which the wrong battery was shipped.

So far, Nexus Racing is correcting the order, and it appears that this was simply a mistake.

I must add, that with all the previous orders at Nexus Racing over the last 2-years, that they were all correct and on time, and this is the first problem I've ever had with them.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Well thats just about two full pages of folks backing up Nexus. If you are feeling kind of crispy from the flame dont take it too hard. Its just that you insulted someone we all know and stand behind. At least you can feel some comfort knowing you will likely get your order corrected.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul from Nexus Racing contacted me and has promised to ship me the correct battery overnight, along with a refund of the overnight shipping I previously paid in which the wrong battery was shipped.

So far, Nexus Racing is correcting the order, and it appears that this was simply a mistake.
is that the BEST you can DO?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

And while we are at it...you should think before using a word like "fraud". Look that one up in the dictionary. And after that...look up the word libel!
Old 09-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Good to hear all those positive feedback just before ordering 2 motors
Old 09-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I must add, that with all the previous orders at Nexus Racing over the last 2-years, that they were all correct and on time, and this is the first problem I've ever had with them.
Why would you post something up like this? If you have a problem with Paul from Nexus handle it yourself, then to throw him under the bus. I'm just saying.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

When dealing with any of the major players in the R/C parts and hobby industry if I can't pick up a phone and call them during business hours and speak to someone with a pulse I would have to think really hard before I do business with them. Thats just me, I'm not assuming Nexus does not man their phones but one post did state they prefer email communications and the original poster did say he kept getting voice mail. Plus I noticed on their site they mention a 24 hour response for emails.

I'm not saying anything negative about Nexus particularly but there are people that run online hobby shops out of their garage or on the side and typically do not have the best customer service because of the additional workload of hobby business + day job + life. I have had my race weekend ruined plenty of times trying to get parts last minute from shops that are a side business or that can't or don't invest allot into their customer service.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

These guys are great! Arun is a great person to deal with for sure!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

They do international Shipping right? (UK)
Cheers
Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
Why would you post something up like this? If you have a problem with Paul from Nexus handle it yourself, then to throw him under the bus. I'm just saying.
I completely understand everyone defending Nexus. I usually recommend Nexus or Stormer as the best online shops, but everyone's view and reactions will differ based on your personal life experiences. If you've ever been screwed from a similar situation, you might view this differently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.