Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default Nexus Racing

Paul from Nexus Racing contacted me and has promised to ship me the correct battery overnight, along with a refund of the overnight shipping I previously paid in which the wrong battery was shipped.

So far, Nexus Racing is correcting the order, and it appears that this was simply a mistake.

I must add, that with all the previous orders at Nexus Racing over the last 2-years, that they were all correct and on time, and this is the first problem I've ever had with them.

Last edited by kn7671; 09-24-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Nexus Racing - Fraud Alert

I passing on information regarding my last order with Nexus Racing as an alert to everyone.

Yesterday morning I made a simple overnight order for an SMC 5200 7.4v 50c battery for $129.95, which they showed in stock, along with some XRay '009 front outdrives for the spool. When I got home today, the package was in the mail as expected, overnight, but inside was an SMC 4900 3.7v 50c battery, value $59.95 along with the outdrives.

Attempts to reach Nexus Racing at their published number, 770-659-2901, multiple times only resulted in a full voicemail box, RED FLAG... At this point I now can't race this weekend, paid overnight shipping to have it by Friday, have a battery I cannot use, and Nexus Racing pocketed $70.00 by shipping me incorrectly, seemingly on purpose.

Obviously not happy about this, and until Nexus Racing contacts me and corrects the issue, I would strongly advise anyone against purchasing from Nexus Racing.
I just put in an order from them last week, and got everything I ordered, exactly how I ordered it, faster than I expected. The same as the other dozen times I have ordered from them. It SOUNDS to me like they just boo-booed what battery went into the box. Id try getting a hold of them again...
Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I passing on information regarding my last order with Nexus Racing as an alert to everyone.

Yesterday morning I made a simple overnight order for an SMC 5200 7.4v 50c battery for $129.95, which they showed in stock, along with some XRay '009 front outdrives for the spool. When I got home today, the package was in the mail as expected, overnight, but inside was an SMC 4900 3.7v 50c battery, value $59.95 along with the outdrives.

Attempts to reach Nexus Racing at their published number, 770-659-2901, multiple times only resulted in a full voicemail box, RED FLAG... At this point I now can't race this weekend, paid overnight shipping to have it by Friday, have a battery I cannot use, and Nexus Racing pocketed $70.00 by shipping me incorrectly, seemingly on purpose.

Obviously not happy about this, and until Nexus Racing contacts me and corrects the issue, I would strongly advise anyone against purchasing from Nexus Racing.
I think you're jumping the gun a bit here. You have no proof that it wasn't a mistake, just because their VM box is full doesn't mean they are out to screw you. I as others I know have had nothing but great experiences with them, and I imagine they will do the right thing once you get in contact with them. If you haven't email them, and I see a fax # listed, write a polite note about the mixup and fax it to them with your #, maybe it will grab someones attention.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Is this what we have come to? I get all my TC Xray parts from them. Sounds like get this -- they made a mistake. Not fraud or whatever. Relax and email them. I am sure they will make it right.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fraud Alert? Are you crazy? I can can guarantee you that it was a simple mistake.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Doens't sounds like Nexus at all. I order from them this past monday night and recieved the package today. Everything came as supposed too. I'm would bet they will fix it.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)

I've placed multiple orders into Nexus and never had a problem. They forgot to ship a sensor wire and when I alerted them to the problem they shipped it right away. Have you tried their email? I believe they state on their website that email is the fastest way to contact them. It sounds like a honest mistake and I can only say good things about Nexus Racing.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Never had a problem. Likely a mistake.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Fraud Alert? Are you crazy? I can can guarantee you that it was a simple mistake.
I agree. I have known the guys at Nexus for years and they would not do that.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Might want to give Arun and company a say before you go off the handle claiming it was on purpose. No company gets to be as big as they are, with poor customer service, or said company trying to be malicious.

It seems like it is an honest mistake, being as I have never heard of anyone else ever having a problem with them.

I will continue to do business with them in the future.

Thanks for sharing your problem with us, I hope they get it sorted out for you.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I order from Nexus all the time and their customer service has been great. I once ordered more of an item than they had in stock and they bent over backwards to make up for it. I never asked for anything, they just did it.

They made a mistake, they're human just like the rest of us. Let them know what happened and I'm sure they'll take care of it.

If you won't get to race, that sucks but, you're going to have to get over it.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've never had single problem with Nexus Racing.. Arun is one of most professional and curtious person I've ordered from... always a pleasure to deal with... I'm sure the order was just a mistake...
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey kn7671,

Its kind of hard to get them on the phone Lol... Nexus Has one of the best customer service I've ever delt with.

I 've have some wrong parts shipped to me in the past and what I did was e-mail I got a quick reply and they handled it very well.Like everyone saying Its most likely you got the wrong part by accident.

e-mail them here and see how it goes.
[email protected]

Hope this helps
Mike

Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've never dealt with them but it sounds like a boo boo and a busy day to me.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Nexus Racing has been an awesome crew! No problems with them what so ever! I have met them personally and they are a great bunch. I don't see a problem with them. They often frequent the boards. I'm sure it was an honest mistake. They are not the type of people to "rip" someone off. I also think you are jumping the gun on this one. Contact them here through PM or via email. They will get this straightened out. I mean come on, I can understand the frustration. But get real, you made this order yesterday!

I will always recommend Nexus to people ordering XRay parts or certain odds and ends like batteries, escs, tires, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.