R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2009, 04:43 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i want to get into racing but as im new to the racing side of things i have been advised that i should start with racing stock. i have spoken to the guys at the local track and i have been offered an xray t2008 with team orion 17.5 turn brushless with no reciever or esc for a good price and two ip 5000 30c lipos for 60 each. i have checked around on the net and this car seems to be able to take the punishment of racing but id like other peoples opinion on how these cars are and if there is any hidden problems that i might run into. or if there are any hop ups that would be benificial to the car b4 racing. I would appreciate any help as id like to win races someday.
wraith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

If it's the big x Ray kit and the right spec for your application you should need only a few spare parts and some set up advice from the fast guys where you run.
By spec I mean carpet or rubber.
The lipos sound like a good deal too.
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Not sure what the price is but I just purchased an Xray T2'008 off of here for $425 shipped complete to give you an idea of pricing. That included everything except controller and receiver.

Here is the description to give you an idea of what was included.

008 US that we setup to run on asphalt (will include original top plate for carpet). This car has only seen one club race and it took first in the main. Anyone with questions on how it runs can ask John Stranahan...

Comes with two motors- Orion Vector 4.5, and Novak 7.5
ESC- Novak GTB
Tires- will include extra sets
XRay lipo brace
Diggity designs battery tray
Xray CF motor guard
KO Propo High torque steering servo
Will come with two bodies (both have a few racing rubs on them)
Xray TC multi bin storage bag
Team Whopperjawed Racing
This hobby is going to $5 me to death.
lowcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #4
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

I would take that deal xrays are pretty solid and the lipos sound like a good deal. Dont worry about what spec it is. If its the us spec(the carpet car) and you want to run on asphalt it is not hard to get it to hook up on asphalt all you would have to do is take some screws out of the top deck. I dont own a xray but everyone around me does and some guys with the 008's switch the pulleys to the 007 or the 009 pulleys but i dont remember what that does i think they said more tope speed but you shouldnt have to worry about that but later on when you can drive consistently without crashing a lot you could look into this and try it. Hoped this help
Team Terribles---------2009 post of the year
"Cant you read Mopar???He said that he drives a T-max 2.5!!!!"
Spec classes are for communist
beta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Seeing as youre from Adelaide, I'd take that deal alot of people in the Adelaide run Xray's so you can easily get alot of setup advice from the locals Xray drivers which there is plenty of. I personnaly run AE so I have no real experience with running them but plenty racing against them
Team Associated B5m | Team Associated T5m | Team Associated TC6 | Team Associated TC5x
Scooter79rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #6
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this is what i love about this sport most people dont know each other on here but are willing to give sound advice to a person starting out to help them. i say thankyou to all those who help others for no gain but to help out. the car ive been offered is an asphalt car (thats what it raced on) and ive been offrered the car for three hundred it seems like a good deal as this guy has been in the sport a while and is well respected at the club.Are these adjustment kits worth the money they ask like the hudy set up kits.
wraith27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

all hudy products are worth every penny. no matter what car you have if you dont have good equitment to set it up with then the car will never drive right or be fast.

the hudy setup tools are the best out there.
Hotbodies-HPI Racing- Hara Products-Team Fantom Driver-True RC-Rc Hobby and Track
RLMW VQ is offline   Reply With Quote