Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Wireless Power

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default Speed Passion Wireless Power

Source - http://www.rc-area.co.uk/blog/?p=2383

“Speed Passion have announced details of a future product line, which they say looks set to revolutionize both gas and electric R/C racing. Their rather criptic release states: We are proud to bring the Power of freedom, “The wireless power”. “Reduction” is one of the ways to help to protect the Earth. Imagine playing with an R/C car, boat, or soft air gun without chargers, power supplies, and extra battery packs. No more worries about battery pack quality, and chasing constant small advances in battery capability and size. Saving you time and money and developing new ideas to improve your skills in order to enjoy the pure fun of R/C.

What product they are announcing I dont know, but the picture above shows version 1.2 of the Wireless Power prototype, which looks like a speed controller with battery inputs that has a built 2.4Ghz system, judging by the aerial. Speed Passion will release more details every month in the lead up to its 2009 release date.

Brushless system is one of the best ways to help new user easier to enjoy R/C, more affordable, and help to protect our world. For pass year our team “Alex, Michael, Jack and Mr. Pan” had been working very hard day by day and putting more resource on R&D to delivery you the one of the best brushless system. King Golden company had focus main product strategy, “Reduce cost and item, more easier for new join R/C user and be respond to protect the world”. Speed Passion and King Golden “ASIC Design team” after day and night continue development and thousand, million resources we ready to bring you to next R/C revolution.

Our latest R/C technology and development solution will revolution 2009 which will change the R/C EP and GP racing, We are proud to bring the Power of freedom “The wireless power”. “Reduction” one of the ways to help to protect the Earth. Imagine playing with an R/C car, boat, or soft air gun without chargers, power supplies, and extra battery packs. No more worries about battery pack quality, and chasing constant small advances in battery capability and size. Saving you time and money and developing new ideas to improve your skills in order to enjoy the pure fun of R/C.”
Old 02-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Can someone explain how exactly a brushless system can "help protect our world"?
Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

I think This device will supply the power to the rc cars etc. Batt. Packs will be history they will be replaced with this device...
Old 02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

dont see the point, probaly cost lots
Old 02-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

I call BS on this whole thing
Old 02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thats not an aerial. Its a Handcrank. See ma no more batteries.
Fits in with my solar powered flashlight
Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

mobile phones will be charged via this type of wireless devices soon
I've watched that on bbc news sometime ago but never thought It'll be available for rc cars that's Great news!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

There was a company a year or so ago that announced wireless power. But my understanding was that it was for really short distances (like 3 ft or so) and would be used for charging cells phones and things like that. Perhaps they have increased the range and thats what they hope to use. I imagine the track would need to have some central power source in the middle for cars to be powered from. Interesting if they make it work.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Interesting...
Old 02-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

something along the lines of Nicola Tesla's work maybe?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

My electric toothbrush uses "wireless" inductive charging. It takes like two days to charge.

That picture looks like a bad photoshop job. And SpeedPassion doesn't make anything but stickers. Maybe this is v1.2 of their sticker?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...48#post4016848

I mentioned this technology last year. Speedpassion (or whoever is really making the product) must have read my post and agreed with me.

I think that's the only logical theory.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How can it be saving the planet when that wireless power still needs a power source, and efficiency wise, will loose more power over air versus a cord? Even if directed.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miller tyme
Thats not an aerial. Its a Handcrank.
Ok, just like the old T-Ford you have to SWING it to start it
Old 02-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

If it's a wireless powered device, why does it have "Battery +" and a "Battery -" connectors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.