R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpidarX View Post
Have you seen indications that HB is close to releasing a new kit?
There due for a total redo if you ask a lot of people. There are plenty that are real fast with the Cyclone (ive got beat by plenty), but at the same time the Clone has been out since 2005.

I hope to see a new Hot Bodies car some time soon. Something that is easy as the Shumacher MI4 to use the latest and greatest lipos and brushless motor applications. Not saying it has to be a Mi4, but id like to see following that trend in car design. And maybe some more parts support and smarter parts packaging from HB.

And anybody else besides myself noticed there are hardly and pictures of Hara with a TC as of recently? Testing? Where's the world champ hiding?
powered by anti-anxieties, sarcasm and chipotle
Owen RaCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think we might see a new 'version' this winter. With most of the companies devoting their resources to offroad I doubt there will be a whole new car anytime soon.

Take it for what it's worth, but here's what a HB team driver had to say:

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
Hi Luis,

I have just signed for HB/HPI Europe, after running the Xray car for a couple of seasons...

I was very impressed with the Cyclone the first time I ran it. It had a lot more natural steering than the Xray, and after dialling in some rear traction, I was immediately on the pace.

I do not think the Cyclone is behind, the car has been developed since it was first released, but they have only changed the parts that needed improvement!

I am sure the development of the car will continue, the UK team are playing with various parts at the moment and I beleive HB Japan will be working hard too. My advice would be to stick with the car, you will not be left behind
Best rubber tires>> www.SweepRacingUSA.com
For your Team Magic G4 parts needs>> www.bluesunhobbies.com
HD Videos of Blue Diamond Onroad Raceway!!! 200ft+ straight of fury!! >> http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/406318-2nd-annual-pete-johnson-have-nice-day-memorial-race-5.html
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

hey guys,

i just compared to pictures of the 416 and the tc and ok cyclone is the oldest design but the 416 is the clone of the tc with little change on the rear of the chassis and on the steering.

Only differences for me, upper rear deck, diff spur (delrin for tam and plastic for tc) same arms design
Xchange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #19
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know I'm a little biased, but I feel the cyclone is a littler nicer for the average joe. HB has condensed the tuning options to ones that a person will actually use. All the suspension blocks that Tamiya has can be a bit confusing for some, but if you are able to utilize it, that's great.

The cyclone is a very simple yet effective design. Many have copied the "short" style suspension arms that the cyclone has had for ages, and the whole suspension geometry as a whole. The car just works!

PS. The outdrives that come in the TC kit are actually a type of delrin. They aren't just you're normal plastic outdrives. They wear extremely well and are very light!

Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #20
Tech Lord
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Here's another bit of advice: You probably shouldn't listen to someone that looks at a picture of two cars and uses that alone as a way to compare them.

These two cars along with XRay are probably what most people would consider the best. There's some intangibles that can differentiate them, but nothing conclusive enough to say one is better than another.

And in reality, all the established cars on the market are good. Personally, I'd just stick to the brands that appear to be actively developed and supported by the companies that make them. There's a few big names that seem to have abandoned their on-road programs.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #21
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Here's another bit of advice: You probably shouldn't listen to someone that looks at a picture of two cars and uses that alone as a way to compare them.
...and who obviously does not know how the 2 designs evolved to be where they are today...
YOKOMO BD7 2015 :: SMOKEM BD7 2015-IIX Chassis :: HIRO SEIKO Screws :: WTF Windy Fan
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote