Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
TT01 Drift Spec...What Motor?? >

TT01 Drift Spec...What Motor??

TT01 Drift Spec...What Motor??

Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default TT01 Drift Spec...What Motor??

Hey guys I wanted to ask some fellow drifters and as well as on-road racers, what would be the best Brushless system for my drift car? I am new to brushless and i'm starting to get back in the groove of the R/C world! I do not understand the turns very well with these new motors...so is it like the brush motors, as far as turns go ex. higher the number the slower the car goes, and lower the turn the faster the car goes lol....please explain to me how the brushless turns work, and what would be the best one to get...i was thinking about getting a GTX Novak! Please POST! Thank You For Your Feed Back In Advance!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Company Representative

Here is Novak's on-line information page for our Drifting products. Please note the GTX you mentioned is a brush controller and cannot be used with brushless motors.

We currently only offer the SLYDR system and motor with a SSPro 6.5 turn motor with the 13mm rotor installed.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On drift tyres even a stock motor (17.5t) would be ample but a 10.5 would prolly be the best choice for control and performance.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
On drift tyres even a stock motor (17.5t) would be ample but a 10.5 would prolly be the best choice for control and performance.

10.5 really? Just setting up a drifter also and was kinda wondering the same question. A lot of TT-01's are set up for drift... can those cars handle a 10.5 ok?
Old 09-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Well i personally think that brushless motors are the way to go...but you wanna make sure you have that speed for the long sweepers. Thank you guys for the help! I was just curious because the SLYDER or more expensive than the normal brushless systems made by the same manufacturer =/!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

I tried a EZrun brushless 9T & 12T (in a cyclone).
The 12T was like running with a flat battery compared to the 9T. 9T much better for long drifts, also easier to get the drift started if you didnt get it quite right going into the turn.
9T tends to build up speed really fast(too fast for drifts on tight turns) so needs to be geared down to keep speeds down.
the 12T DID NOT have more torque than the 9T

TT01 should be able to easily cope with a 9T , if you stay with drift tyres.