Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

foam tire prices, is this rape?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

I think the problem is carpet racing. Jaco is the current leader on ozite and they cost $$. However they are awsome tires. Nitro foams don't give the performance of the jacos on ozite. I've heard that Gq should have carpet foams out for next winter and they should sell cheaper then the jaco's. I just hope they hook up well. I've gotten speedminds to hook-up on carpet and there pretty cheap. You can easily get nitro foams to hook up on asphult.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's an ELLEGI "close out sale" with limited availability on the products that are on sale. Good for you if you got some tires real cheap but these kinds of sales don't last long so what are you gonna do when there's nothing on sale and you need tires.... You're going to pay full price, so the problem is still there.

Originally posted by vadn1
Foam tires can be found a Serpent USA $4.95/ pair. Just got a box of 20+ tires, great for club racing and lots of practice. They have rubber tires for 6.95 / pair. Who says tires are expensive....?
Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Champion

BSR sells foam donuts. I am pretty sure the Front 1/10th Pan car donuts will fit on a Sedan rim. I think the web address is www.bsr-racing.com

I say this less for saving money as for being able to make yur own custom tires. The owner (John Foister)seems to be a very nice person so he might cut someone a break on a qty order of rough cut donuts.

Ray
Old 05-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

most tire comanies sell there tires at 40% to the shops.. and if your shop charges retail for them yes it is rape.. my shop does not...

currently i have a tire deal from TM tires. they are great... i get a 50% discount, but thats off retaill...

a comapny like bsr may get the foam cheap.. but then u factor in the set of rims, and the time it takes to mount and true them... they do it by hand to... meaning they pay someone to build them up....

over seas im sure the labor cost is alot cheaper then over here.. most good companies import there foam.. they do not get it from hardware store ao anything like that... .. u also have to figure in they have to buy in bulk to get the price down...
]

if u compare it to rubber tires...( other option ) the price difference is not much...

4 rubber tires at 10 bucks a pair..
2 sets of inserts at 5 bucks a pair..
bottle of glue 5.00
set of rims 12 bucks
and the time to build them

thats almost 45 bucks..... set of foams in a good shop that prices them right will be around the same price... just my 02
Old 05-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

just passing the word, $5.00 is still a good price. $7.00 or rubber even better.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who has the cheapest FOAM nitro sedan tires within the states, decided help out the US economy
Old 06-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

RAPE I TELL YA, RAPE!!
-Buddy
Old 06-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey buddy, i've got a suprise for you.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Uh oh, whats that suppose to mean?
From the wonderful announcing vocabulary of Chris goetz-"Buran looks at the pass, Chicky says, EAT MY BALLS!" LOL, thats some funny stuff.
-Buddy
Old 06-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Price for Jaco/TRC 28mm foams at my local hobby shop is now $28 a Pair. Like anybody would ever pay that when you can get them for $16 a pair from KT. I'm all for supporting Lhs's when their reasonable, but that is just theft.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I was told by one of my employees about this thread and felt it appropriate to offer some response.

My TRC tires cost me around $11.75 a set. I sell them for something like $24-$25. It is a profit center. Funny thing, profit, few of the readers seem to want to deal with the fact that we have a right to make it. At the same time we sell kits and tons of other things at very marginal profit, accepting that the "market" dictates lower margins on them and we just live with it. At the end of the day, we price each item to what the "market can bear", and try to make ends meet.

I am not going to sit hear and debate a tire price, we offer a phenomenal value, given the tracks that are there for mostly FREE use. Many of our customers, those who support the shop, don't get charged the $7 day fee. And yet they still complain about the tire cost? Are you kidding me?

In respect to "Presure 2" or Manny Costa as he is locally known (when he has the gaul to surface), I have the following response-

a) You never once paid to race there, even though you acknowledge that I pay $3000 a month to keep you warm.
b) There were a number of items sold to you at or near cost. You only focus on a few tires.
c) YOU STIFFED US FOR OVER $600, STILL HAVE A DEBT TO PAY FOR PRODUCTS THAT YOU TOOK AND SAID THAT YOU WOULD PAY ME FOR.

But Manny, being the lowlife that you are, you will never pay your debt, because that is your fiber. You will continue on in your miserable existence. But to challenge me on my pricing, you have to be out of your mind. You never paid the flippin bill.

In the end, like most other local tracks, the facility goes away. We are forced to replace the "prime" real estate with more profitable ventures. In our case, a large Laser Tag will be the focus, placed on our large oval, with racing being placed on smaller tracks, soley aimed to please the local racers who support us without compromise and deserve the essentially "free" use.

Everything can be bought cheaper. But if you push your dealer to the brink, as many of you do, buyer beware, get ready to sweep a lot of asphalt.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tire prices and whiners

I look at this forum and wonder why? Why the hell should i keep a shop open to the public, create a track that racers can have fun at, make sure that they have electricity, lights, heat in the winter and air when it's hot, and still have to listen to their crying about tires. Most shop owners are paying $ 1500-4500.00 a month for rent, another $250-$600 for lights, $ 250-750 a month for heat, $ 1500.00 + a year for insurance and then they still have to make a living to take care of themselves. They put in extended hours , get very little help in the way of upkeep for a track, some of us maintain web-sites and so much more in "free" advice and help. Now, I ask, could you do it by making $ 3.00 per set of tires profit, 90% of you would fold in a week. So keep going to the online shops, watch the tracks disappear and as the man says, start sweeping a lot of pavement. That's if you can find someone to let you run without insurance. Most shops that I know of are running on a net profit margin of only 8-12% See if the whiners can live on what these dedicated people make. Most of us do it because we enjoy it, but your making it harder and harder to do it. JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH !!!
Old 07-31-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

If the LHS is getting the tires at $11/pair then it's not LHS who is robbing us but the manufacturer is. Or the wholesaler.
$11 is too much for pair tires especially when it is mass produced.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

sounds like rape to me
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Hedley Lamarr: Qualifications?
Applicant: Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
Hedley Lamarr: You said rape twice.
Applicant: I like rape.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.