Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2 007 QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default XRAY T2 007 QUESTION

looking for info re the xray T2 007 1/10 car ASAP...........good bad or???

Last edited by drive2survive; 09-16-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

good, but getting a bit old
Old 09-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullout
good, but getting a bit old
in what respect?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

The car is very good. You need to take your time tuning it. Check part availability around your neck of the woods though. Diffs are specific and not carried over in the newer Xray cars for instance. Most of the other parts fit or are unlikely to break, but if you need another rear bulkhead for instance you might be out of luck.

One real problem is runnig tall lipos in it. You will need some sort of battery tray or be very creative. The low profile lipos barely fit under the top deck.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Smile

They are great,most are pretty worn out now though...if you can get a new one or a really clean one,then do so.
Lipo wise, either get a Bitty Designs tray,or use alloy shims (to raise the top deck) and longer screws (cheaper way).
They both work.

Stock up on c blade clips (consumable) and steering blocks (or buy alloys) .
They are pretty bomb proof. Mine got me from novice though to stock level.
I'm now running a T2R pro and would not buy any other brand, as they are forgiving to set up and drive ,plus someone will always buy it off you second hand.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
[...]

use alloy shims (to raise the top deck) and longer screws (cheaper way).

[...]
If you do that you will need to do something about the upper steering pivot bearing holder and it's not easy. You will also have problems with the center pulley shaft bearing holders as they are kept in place by the top deck resting on a notch in the plastic.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
If you do that you will need to do something about the upper steering pivot bearing holder and it's not easy. You will also have problems with the center pulley shaft bearing holders as they are kept in place by the top deck resting on a notch in the plastic.
I used an external circlip to pack the saver. Cost ten cents.
The alloy spacer shims I used went over the top of the step you mention.
I raced mine like this for nine months . None of the above is difficult.
An auto parts store or bearing supplier will have these.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I took another top plate and cut the center out of it and use the front and rear parts to shim up the deck that way the steering post stil fits in it's little hole in the top plate, I can now fit a 50c SMC pack under the deck. It's kinda like the LIPO setup on a 009.

And by the way, the car is still great. This last Novak race I placed 4th in the A in 13.5 foam, and 6th in the B in 17.5 foam at the last carpet nats.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
And by the way, the car is still great. This last Novak race I placed 4th in the A in 13.5 foam, and 6th in the B in 17.5 foam at the last carpet nats.
I highly doubt you finished 6th in the B at the last carpet nats in 17.5 foam. Only because that is where I finished. However, I was running a T2 007.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimV
I highly doubt you finished 6th in the B at the last carpet nats in 17.5 foam. Only because that is where I finished. However, I was running a T2 007.
Sorry dude, 7th right behind you I was 5th the year before oops. Don't know where I got that 6 from? Do you think we would have done better with a newer car?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

I took another top plate and cut the center out of it and use the front and rear parts to shim up the deck that way the steering post stil fits in it's little hole in the top plate, I can now fit a 50c SMC pack under the deck. It's kinda like the LIPO setup on a 009.
I thought about that too, but the thought of sacrificing a top deck didn't sit well with me.

You would have had to do something with the rear center bearing support too, because there is a little extension there where there is a screw that needs to get out of the way to allow for a taller battery. Perhaps using shims under the centre pulley supports would be a better idea? I don't like to chop off bits of my cars.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm having similar issues with lipo in my t2(06) though. Will the bitty designs tray that was mentioned work in it and where can you buy it at? I do have the bmi chassis though. I bought this t2 about 2 months ago used and have yet to really even try anything with it yet. Does anyone know how thick the bmi chassis is? Someone has told me to run this car on carpet with rubber tires that i'd need to change the bmi chassis out for the frp chassis and to be honest with everyone I really don't want to put the money into changing the chassis out. With the car the wY it is with the bmi chassis and tip deck as well what could I do to the car to make it handle fairly well on the carpet with rubber? Maybe some changes to the shocks? One last question with the bmi chassis do I still have the multi flex capabilities? It looks to have all the holes in the right places to make the changes. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

This what I did for the top deck, I added the shims to clear the SMC 50c packs, the Thunder Power 40C's fit without the shims. Sorry about the pics they are from my cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails XRAY T2 007 QUESTION-lipo.jpg   XRAY T2 007 QUESTION-lipo-shimed.jpg  
Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndysD8
Don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm having similar issues with lipo in my t2(06) though. Will the bitty designs tray that was mentioned work in it and where can you buy it at? I do have the bmi chassis though. I bought this t2 about 2 months ago used and have yet to really even try anything with it yet. Does anyone know how thick the bmi chassis is? Someone has told me to run this car on carpet with rubber tires that i'd need to change the bmi chassis out for the frp chassis and to be honest with everyone I really don't want to put the money into changing the chassis out. With the car the wY it is with the bmi chassis and tip deck as well what could I do to the car to make it handle fairly well on the carpet with rubber? Maybe some changes to the shocks? One last question with the bmi chassis do I still have the multi flex capabilities? It looks to have all the holes in the right places to make the changes. Any help would be appreciated!
Depends on which BMI chassis you have. How thick is it? And are the slots still in the bottom of the chassis.
If you want to keep the one you have you need to make the car as flexible as possible, and run this set-up.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=753&setup=t2

Last edited by chensleyrc1; 09-18-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Depends on which BMI chassis you have. How thick is it? And are the slots still in the bottom of the chassis.
If you want to keep the one you have you need to make the car as flexible as possible, and run this set-up.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=329&setup=t2
I was told by the person I bought it from that it's 2.5mm, the one person at the track that runs xray said it's 3.5. I guess I better hope for the 2.5mm and measure it. When you ask "are the slots still on the bottom" what are you referring to? I'm still new to this, so please excuse the ignorance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.