Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS V's GM speedo V's SPX

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tekin RS V's GM speedo V's SPX

Hi guys I am after the opinions of people that have tried these speedos back to back and what they feel? power wise/punch/top end.

thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by prodriver
Hi guys I am after the opinions of people that have tried these speedos back to back and what they feel? power wise/punch/top end.

thanks
I tried the SPX from some one els and a club member had all 3.
He has now only a SPX and a Tekin.
He had first a GM but he found that the power was in the middle.
He had only problems with it and not only he.
2 other clubmembers are buying now also a Tekin and one of them has already no GM any more.
It was burnt down. I now that the GM is fast but also that it brakes down a lot.
I hear more and more drivers change from speedo and the most of them buy a Tekin. It's proven that it's the most reliable speedo from the 3.

The SPX has in the lower part a lot of power but it comes at ons.
This was also the comment of other drivers. in the higher part it feels like it comes power to short.

The Tekin was his favorite. mine to but i don't think that I have to tell you that.
He has now a new SPX and he doesn't use it. The power of the Tekin feels much smother.

On the track of Rucphen the highest top speed and infield speed was for the Tekin combo.
The driver came to short but the Tekin combo was the fastest. The GM driver was also watchin to it and the SPX drivers to.
The funniest thing is that the GM driver used a GM motor. the SPX a lrp and the Speedpassion a speedpassion motor. so every body was driving a combo.
They all agread that the Tekin combo was the fastest.
Must say that the Tekin performs best with Lipo.
it runs better with a lipo than with 5 cell.

My motor was also the coolest of them all at Rucphen.
Raced there 10,5 lipo.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

How big is that track? do you have a link?

thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

is it baanbrekers in holland? that track is huge. tekin seems amazing round a big track with high traction here. gms seem to be dominating everything over here atm.. just seem to have more bottom end power....
Old 09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

is it baanbrekers in holland? that track is huge. tekin seems amazing round a big track with high traction here. gms seem to be dominating everything over here atm.. just seem to have more bottom end power....
Yes.
No the GM is only bin the fastest on Real80 and MACH.
Rucphen 10,5 lipo it's Tekin.
It's fast, real fast

On MACH highest top speed with Tekin RS PRO 13,5 lipo.
84kn/h

You must not use a GM motor. With the Tekin it's slow.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

so a gm motor with tekin speedo is slow?? whys that?

cheers

ricky
Old 09-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

so a gm motor with tekin speedo is slow?? whys that?

cheers

ricky
I don't now.
I got several questions for a good setup with that motor and noting worked.
I gave them from hight Boost till low boost and different FDR setups.
Noting worked with it.

When they use an other motor, the problems were solved.
The Tekin, LRP, Novak and Trinity are working great with it.
The Speedpassion has a bit less braking power but runs good with it.

Other motors I don't now how they do.
But the GM motor doesn't work.
I want to try it my self as I can borrow the motor from some one to see what it does.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The GM motor works great with the LRP spx stock spec and and the GM 90 and 120.
When using the the GM motor on a GM esc to the LRP esc and the same GM motor the GM combo is faster with the same FDR then the LRP/GM combo.
The LRP/GM combo has a bit more rip out of the corners tho but that can be a setting.

cheers Roy
Old 09-23-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

The gm motor doesn't work with the tekin rs as it wants to give extra timing to go faster but the gm 10.5t pro doesn't have the same revs as the other motors so more timing is more revs doesn't work well with the gm as it simply can't produce the ammount of revs the other motors can (it seems)
The more timing you give just produces less grunt so even though you gear it lighter (les teeth on the pinion) it just can't produce the revs to go faster. The gm on paper produces i think 3250revs and the tekin and other motors 4200revs. They are just total different principals. Maybe on different tracks one is easier to set up then on others but in general one combo isn't really faster then the other but gearing and timing is important to get in the zone for each combo. Also the ammount of users in a certain class makes a huge difference. There are a lot of GM's in the pro10 modified and stock class here so it is easier to copy settings. The tekin isn't used much here so it is more difficult to find the right settings. As of yet the GM 10.5t combo in the stock pro10 class is the one to beat in the pro10 class.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

I have the Tekin too. The only problem I see is that one of my motors run slower with the tekin than my speedpassion esc. Turned out that the Tekin is not reading the sensors off that motor, hence switching to sensorless mode by itself.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

seems to me it is a problem of the motor or sensor cable? Your tekin works fine with other motors ? or Is the speed passion motor working fine with other esc?

Some other esc would not even run without reading the sensor. So during a race when the sensor wire gets out or whatever it is end of the race. At least with the tekin you can drive on.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

2wd
Try this,
Boost 10
Turbo Max
so lower your Boost and higher your Turbo.
You get more infield speed without losing top speed.
let every thing els the same.

let me now how it went.

cyanyde
check your sensors on your motor.
clean your motor and try an other sensor cable.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
seems to me it is a problem of the motor or sensor cable? Your tekin works fine with other motors ? or Is the speed passion motor working fine with other esc?

Some other esc would not even run without reading the sensor. So during a race when the sensor wire gets out or whatever it is end of the race. At least with the tekin you can drive on.
Nah. Tested other motors and cables. Just that Team Powers motor that don't work with the tekin esc. It works with my speed passion gt 2.0 esc. Other motors works with the tekin so far. No big deal.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Suspended

Huge? ... Lostallo is huge, this track is just big to normal size. Be aware guys that top-speed is not the way to win, its overall performance. A Tekin can perform great on long big tracks where not a lot of bottom / mid end power is needed, but that does not mean it also works on every track.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

Off topic but yup saw some video's on youtube and that lostallo track is indeed one huge mother of a track. But it is the only big track they have. The rest are a lot smaller then the ones we have here. Sence of what is huge and what not is different from country to country. In the usa they find a track with a 50 meters (180ft)straight already huge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.