New touring cars to come soon ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New touring cars to come soon ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New touring cars to come soon ??

Hi

I want to start drive el- touring again....

I just wonder, anyone that have heard any rumors that Tamiya, or Xray will relase new cars shortly ??
Old 08-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No rumors, but based on their typical product life cycles, I would assume both companies are probably closer than anybody else at a new release.

XRay was seen testing suspension mounts that bolt to the chassis rather than the bulkheads. Tamiya has been testing a 20T center pulley, and have been experimenting with the 2pc TA05v2 suspension mounts.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hei, hvor i landet holder du til?

Where in Norway do you live?
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thinking about the 'normal' one to two year lifecycle of a chassis:

- Xray are due something new, they tend to release October/November/December time.

- Schumacher recently debuted the Mi4, so theres nothing much happening in the near future from the guys and girls in Northampton, UK.

- Corally's Phi is due an update, in fact I'm sure I saw a ''prototype'' Phi 2 on Red RC.

- Yokomo's BD5 is fairly new, earlier this year. The BD was out 2005ish, and only had the Grainger/Masami revisions, so I think it'll be a while for them to need to update it. Depends what Ronald Volker and the other Yokomo guys think need changing.

- Hot Bodies have plenty of new bits in testing, a long top deck, new motor mount and layshaft mount etc. Add lower/lighter bulks and a narrower chassis, and theres enough bits to make the Cyclone 2.

- Tamiya statistically have the best car in the TRF416WE (08 Worlds and 09 Euros champ, plus numerous other titles), so I can't see where they could improve it enough for a new kit. However, there was eleventy million versions of the TRF415....

- Robitronic have the Avid 2 in development, Red RC posted about it at the Euros.

- Serpent have discontinued the S400. If it was their choice or not, is debatable.

- Kyosho's Shin Edition Stallion is due for replacement, its a couple of years old, and will be interesting to see how they use all the data to improve it. The original Stallion was very wide, the Shin narrower, and could do with some changes.

- TOP's Photon is very new, just a month or two old, so apart from some small changes that may end up in the existing kit production, don't expect a new one for a while.

- Associated's TC5F/R have had a year or so on the market, so may see a 5.1 revision like the RC12R5.1. I'm not clued up on what the hot mods or tricks the AE guys run at the moment, or if they'd need a new kit. After all, the TC3 and TC4 went years without kit revisions (TC4FT).

- Losi.....if its not RTR or have a big block engine, Losi don't give a hoot.

Apologies if I've missed someone out.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Phi '09 was released about a month or two ago. The 416 has been a great car for me. Over 20 months of ownership and it's still a current product! How often does that happen???
Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Hei, hvor i landet holder du til?

Where in Norway do you live?
Bor i indre Østfold, kjører i Spydeberg....
Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks alot for reply !!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Don't forget the Tigermoth LCG V10

http://tigermothracing.com/products_10.html

That thing looks great!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Regular

I don't think I will replace my current TCs until we see more cars specifically designed for lipo. I'm sure the major manufacturers are or will soon be working on their lipo cars.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HI_808
I don't think I will replace my current TCs until we see more cars specifically designed for lipo. I'm sure the major manufacturers are or will soon be working on their lipo cars.
It takes roughly 18 months for a car to go from drawing board to release. It was about that long ago ROAR allowed LIPOs, so expect the next batch of upgrades/new cars to be designed for lipo.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HI_808
That's exxactly what I was thinking about also.......

Want a new car now very soon, but do not want to buy an " old " car that's designed for sub - c batt's

Hmmrrf , I will just have to wait then
Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

@ RossoTorro

Damn, that Tighermoth thing looks just like a new car should be !!

Any other info about that car ?

( hvor kjører du hen da ? )
Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Tiger Moth looks alot like the Losi JRXS Type R, excpet the lay down shocks of course. The JRXS Type R is another good option if you are looking for a TC.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

academygaz, you are right about Losi not giving a hoot. All they seem to want to sell anymore are RTRs or some sort of off-road vehicle.

They seem to have completely turned their backs on any sort of on-road vehicles. I've emailed them about this a couple of times and have yet to hear back from them. They don't give a hoot!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
academygaz, you are right about Losi not giving a hoot. All they seem to want to sell anymore are RTRs or some sort of off-road vehicle.

They seem to have completely turned their backs on any sort of on-road vehicles. I've emailed them about this a couple of times and have yet to hear back from them. They don't give a hoot!!
Main sales are with RTR and not racers, even though most may find that hard to believe. AE is doing RTR stuff as well, but still work on the racing program as well. Horizon just has other ideas on where to go with things, which is unfortunate for those of us that still like to race Losi's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.