Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions? >

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prototype ESC's - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jolson88
It's not nearly that easy. Hindsight is always 20/20 and there would be no way for drivers to know just how dominating the software update would be until the event. And I don't believe that drivers would go out and buy a new speedo two weeks before an event simply because that speedo has a software update that came out for it.
The whole thing is crazy because the ESC in question is exactly the same. Nobody would have known about its performance until they arrived and it is too late.

My point is that I believe that software is part of the product and should follow the same guidelines as the hardware. But how do you tech it. You can't. And that is the problem is that most of this stuff is no tech-able so what do you do?

I say we make a transition to a single class.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Attached Thumbnails Prototype ESC's  - ROAR, Legal, Fair, Sportsmanship, Opinions?-van-damme.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
If you ran in stock with this homemade shock tower, yes. It should have been disallowed as per ROAR rule: 12.4.3 Vehicles, parts, and accessories used in Stock electric classes must be readily available through retail outlets at least 14 days prior to the event.

Although, I have witnessed rather light application to that rule in years past and I'm very sure this past year has seen significantly stricter applications and will be even more strict with one final national this year and next year's events.
Originally Posted by MikeXray
Define available to public, available in this country or from overseas?
Well, to the public involved in a ROAR national, as that rule is found in the Nationals Section of the rule book. Its relevant that ROAR members have equal access to the product for ROAR events that should follow ROAR rules... and even events that advertise ROAR rules......
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I think he means does it have to be for sale in the US or can it be a European product that you can buy. I am pretty sure the answer is that it has to be avail through a US based distributor.

EA
So basically, I can't race stock touring this October because I run a Yokomo BD5 that I bought from RC-Champ/Japan, and I get my parts from RC Market/HK and HobbyHaven/Malaysia.. even though I can get parts from them in 2-3 days? Plus the fact that there are no Yokomo USA distributors. So I am SOL? I guess you made my decision very easy as not to save up or work around my school schedule for the Nats. Thanks...
Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
So basically, I can't race stock touring this October because I run a Yokomo BD5 that I bought from RC-Champ/Japan, and I get my parts from RC Market/HK and HobbyHaven/Malaysia.. even though I can get parts from them in 2-3 days? Plus the fact that there are no Yokomo USA distributors. So I am SOL? I guess you made my decision very easy as not to save up or work around my school schedule for the Nats. Thanks...
um... yea... thats not what was said. Can anybody in the US purchase your product? Of course, domestic retailers are preferred but if there are none and public purchase is available... gees... have some common sense and not such a firing desire to use your keyboard bal... er, strength.

I would figure you weren't going to Nats anyway and this was an easy blame game for you....

moving on.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I say we make a transition to a single class.
I'm on board.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Legend

Think you could run your Yok run in mod ...
Old 09-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

um... yea... thats not what was said. Can anybody in the US purchase your product? Of course, domestic retailers are preferred but if there are none and public purchase is available... gees... have some common sense and not such a firing desire to use your keyboard bal... er, strength.

I would figure you weren't going to Nats anyway and this was an easy blame game for you....

moving on.
Haha, I like playing with you guys. But anyways, I'm still very undecided. Just looking for excuses not to. But thanks for the clear explanation. You should of said that in the first place. I had to be sarcastic to get the response I wanted. I may still go. Just waiting till October to get my exam schedule. That will be the final deciding factor whether I go or not.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Think you could run your Yok run in mod ...
Mod at the Coliseum? You kidding me? You been there? I can't afford all the broken parts I'd have if I ran Mod there!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Batteries are not even cycled anymore by manufactures and motors are all so close its not enough of a difference for 99% of drivers to notice anyway.

Maybe 10 years ago there was a difference but not now......MYTH!

EA

[QUOTE=Rick Hohwart;6354337]This is why the fast drivers are so fast.Some are OK drivers but the A-main push is provided by better equipment.
[QUOTE]

hmm, lol

no way could marc rheinhard beat Hara with my stuff, only if Hara used my stuff too

also my SMC lipo's have numbers on the label wierd since "nobody does this"

so any motor I buy is as good as your labeled motors guess that's why you are in business, to re-label stuff, kidding

I only buy EA motors if I can
Old 09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Mod at the Coliseum? You kidding me? You been there? I can't afford all the broken parts I'd have if I ran Mod there!
WHAT????

Most of the races that I've seen mod at you can beat 1/2 the field if your still running, even if it is slow!!! Put the 13.5 in and drive well!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Me loves the "internets"!!!

So basically we should say we can't race at all unless your car is 1 year old...lol. Awesome. The way to make things better would be to run last years car that's not available at all since it's sold out.

Some people like to take things to the extreme ends. First off CRC said it was a "prototype" so I'm guessing its' NOT available.

Everybody here who thinks any part off a team driver is going to put them into the A is dreaming. Aside from this power difference nothing is going to take "teh suck" out of any of our driving.

Most of the issue here is solved by not worrying about the factory guys...the majority of racers are just average schmucks like me who go to race and do well. Except i don't think that just dropping a "team part" on my car is going to help me.

I'm racing mod/open everything for the rest of my life just to avoid this crap-ola
Old 09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
WHAT????

Most of the races that I've seen mod at you can beat 1/2 the field if your still running, even if it is slow!!! Put the 13.5 in and drive well!!!
Haha, but that's the point.... with the luck I've had at the Coliseum, I'd be 1/2 of the field that's not running!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

jayl if you tthink the stuff us so called factory drivers use is special feel free to come and see me anytime i will give you my stuff and you can cycle away all you want and dyno pull all you want i usually buy fresh motors and batteries before races and my car is bone stock ..

just incase here are some races i won

indoor champs twice
snowbirds 4 times
tqed two nats
and a ton of regional wins
Old 09-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
hmm, lol

no way could marc rheinhard beat Hara with my stuff, only if Hara used my stuff too

also my SMC lipo's have numbers on the label wierd since "nobody does this"

so any motor I buy is as good as your labeled motors guess that's why you are in business, to re-label stuff, kidding

I only buy EA motors if I can
I dont think that SMC does this any longer...If they do then I apologize as I thought they had stopped doing it. My offer still stands about trading batteries or motors though!

In the end yes all guys like me do is "re-label" motors bought from Manufactures. But its the little things that I (and others) do that make the a little different. Im not saying that mine are better but I know when it leaves here that its been tested and will run when you take it out of the box! Trust me not all of them do that! LOL

EA
Old 09-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
jayl if you tthink the stuff us so called factory drivers use is special feel free to come and see me anytime i will give you my stuff and you can cycle away all you want and dyno pull all you want i usually buy fresh motors and batteries before races and my car is bone stock ..

just incase here are some races i won

indoor champs twice
snowbirds 4 times
tqed two nats
and a ton of regional wins
You keep a list of all the people youve hacked in those races too?

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.