Search

New to on-road.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New to on-road.

Good evening all,

I am thinking about getting into on-road racing(RCGT). I was thinking about buying a TC3. I know the car is older and kinda of outdated? Am I going to be screwing myself by buying an old car? If so is there a decently priced on-road car that isn't going to break the bank? Or can you recommend some brands? I am looking for more of a roller. I want to make this my project car. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Originally Posted by Shrekito
Good evening all,

I am thinking about getting into on-road racing(RCGT). I was thinking about buying a TC3. I know the car is older and kinda of outdated? Am I going to be screwing myself by buying an old car? If so is there a decently priced on-road car that isn't going to break the bank? Or can you recommend some brands? I am looking for more of a roller. I want to make this my project car. Thanks in advance for the info.
first question you should ask is: Does your local hobby shop (LHS) have ALL the parts in inventory?
Pick just about any chassis based on this or you'll soon find yourself being a spectator!
Good Luck
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with Drillit. But the TC3 has been out for so long, that parts shouldn't be hard to come by. Associated has done good by keeping their parts in stock. They are also quite cheap too. The best quality about the TC3, is its durability. So, you won't have to go through, braking parts all the time.