R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

+1 for Ampdraw, and not just because they are good local San Diego boys, I wouldn't play favorites like that. I grew up with my father in the 1:1 auto parts game, and the simple rule was, if you didn't have it, you coudn't sell it. Ampdraw's in stock percentage is great.

Though I will say I wish they had a cheaper shipping option availible for small parts when I am too lazy or my work schedule prevents me from driving through the most congested parts of town for just a couple small parts. I was gunna order three pinions the other night and the cheapest shipping option was $8 Fed Ex ground. I love you guys, but something doesn't seem right to my poverty stricken, Home Depot working sorry self when I can have an Evo 5 spool shipped from Hong Kong for $4 (7362 miles), but less than one ounce of pinions from Miramar to La Mesa (30 miles) is twice as much. Granted, with gas at $3 a gallon costwise it ends up about even for me, but if I go that far north you know I'm gunna stop by Hobby Central, and like everyone here I'm sure they can't walk out of the biggest hobby store within 75 miles of their house empty handed any more than I can, lol. It seems every time I cross the 52 freeway I spend at least $50

But then again it's prolly my own fault that I picked the wrong hobby, as the best model Rail Road shop for 100 miles around is only a few blocks from my house, lol.

But anyway, I digress.

Welsh Dragon Models (great for R/C tank parts)

each have had very good service in my experience if they have what you need, and of course, +1 for Ampdraw.

Tiger 1 FO
Hilux High Lift
Sand Scorcher
ChattyMatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #17
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Thanks and you're right about the shipping, we are going to work in the near future to make a "smarter" shipping system where you can pay less up front. It sounds like a lot of people would at the very least prefer the cheaper USPS option to FedEx which would solve a lot of that issue.
Visit my store: www.ampdraw.com
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

I've had the best service from Speedtechrc.com They generally have more Tamiya parts in stock then anybody else in the U.S.A. Furthermore, if they don't have what you need you can call or email them and Jeff will get your Tamiya parts within about a week.
"Dirt is for growing Potatoes"
TQ RC Racing
CHRIS CHAVEZ is offline   Reply With Quote