Wiki Posts
Search

ampdraw online?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default ampdraw online?

ampdraw,is this a legit online hobby shop? do they ship fast? any probs?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

yes very legit i deal with ampdraw and never have any problem in fact he used to own rctech.i just received an order today from them excellent customer service
Old 09-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

tried to find a phone number but couldnt
Old 09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

858) 205-9267
Old 09-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
yes very legit i deal with ampdraw and never have any problem in fact he used to own rctech.i just received an order today from them excellent customer service
+1
Old 09-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

No point in calling them, they never answer the phone, nor do they return phone calls. In addition to this, their store probably has more items out of stock than are actually in stock.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
No point in calling them, they never answer the phone, nor do they return phone calls. In addition to this, their store probably has more items out of stock than are actually in stock.
everything is in vegas for the IIC.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

I placed an order on Sept 3 and it still says pending when I checked the order status.

I made sure the parts I ordered were all in stock and states that they ship immediately.

EDIT: Ok looks like they shipped it out today, they said it was because of IIC and the 3 day holiday weekend, cool. Hopefully I get it by Friday.

Last edited by PaPeRo; 09-08-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:42 AM
R/C Tech Founder

The best and easiest way to reach us is by email or through the contact form on our web site. In early April we were burglarized and lost about $80K of inventory which all but put us out of business. After four months of wrangling with insurance we finally got back on our feet, which is why so many things were out of stock for so long. We were advised by law enforcement to not publicly talk about what happened until they made an arrest and had a conviction, which took place a week ago, although our product was unfortunately never recovered.

Our physical store is in the process of being relocated as a result of the break-in; right now, the bulk of our on-road inventory is with us at the IIC in Las Vegas.

PaPeRo: Your order had one part that was already on our truck to take to the IIC when you placed it so we had to wait until yesterday to pack and ship it. You should have it by Friday, probably sooner.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
ampdraw,is this a legit online hobby shop? do they ship fast? any probs?
legit but they do not ship fast (depending on the definition of fast). the fastest I've gotten something from them is a week. My latest order was placed on 8/30 and arrived 9/8.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
The best and easiest way to reach us is by email or through the contact form on our web site. In early April we were burglarized and lost about $80K of inventory which all but put us out of business. After four months of wrangling with insurance we finally got back on our feet, which is why so many things were out of stock for so long. We were advised by law enforcement to not publicly talk about what happened until they made an arrest and had a conviction, which took place a week ago, although our product was unfortunately never recovered.

Our physical store is in the process of being relocated as a result of the break-in; right now, the bulk of our on-road inventory is with us at the IIC in Las Vegas.

PaPeRo: Your order had one part that was already on our truck to take to the IIC when you placed it so we had to wait until yesterday to pack and ship it. You should have it by Friday, probably sooner.
Not much of a point to have a phone number listed if it is not utilized.

I attempted to visit your shop during your posted business hours well prior to April and nobody was there. As I stated before, I have made numerous attempts to contact your company over the past year and I never received a single bit of contact.

I am not attempting to bash you or your company however, my numerous experiences have all been negative.

I would really love to endorse your store as I am local. Hopefully things improve for your company.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by or8ital
legit but they do not ship fast (depending on the definition of fast). the fastest I've gotten something from them is a week. My latest order was placed on 8/30 and arrived 9/8.
Your order was placed at 9PM on a Sunday and shipped out on Tuesday, and it takes four business days to get from us to you. Monday 9/7 was a holiday which delayed it a day further. I prefer to ship same day whenever possible and I certainly try to, but there will be times when it slips to a second day as it did in this case.

Not much of a point to have a phone number listed if it is not utilized.

I attempted to visit your shop during your posted business hours well prior to April and nobody was there. As I stated before, I have made numerous attempts to contact your company over the past year and I never received a single bit of contact.
I sent you a detailed message on here the last time you posted about it but never received a response. We de-listed the phone after the robbery since we weren't able to keep the physical store open until we worked things out with insurance.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick arguments with people on here, what I will say is that like any business I do everything within my power to fulfill orders in a timely manner, keep the web site updated, and provide honest communication. In 99% of the cases this happens and people seem to be pretty happy, and we have a lot of repeat business. In the other 1%, I will just keep trying harder.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal
Your order was placed at 9PM on a Sunday and shipped out on Tuesday, and it takes four business days to get from us to you. Monday 9/7 was a holiday which delayed it a day further. I prefer to ship same day whenever possible and I certainly try to, but there will be times when it slips to a second day as it did in this case.
I agree. Like I said it generally takes a week to get to me from when I order. Relative to places that use USPS Priority it is a bit slow. 4 business days on a 5 day shipping week vs 2-3 days on a 6 (for now) day shipping week. For example Nexus get things to me in 2 days. They are a bit closer to me though.

Generally I race on the weekend and then inventory things on Sunday night to place orders on Monday for items I need for the next weekend. An extra day makes a difference if I need something for the following race weekend.

So it just depends on the definition of fast.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

ampdraw hobbies carries many parts that others dont i have no complaints the shipping yes they could use the usps priority like nexus does but thats about it.
weavernator out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.