Wiki Posts
Search

ampdraw online?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
ampdraw hobbies carries many parts that others dont i have no complaints the shipping yes they could use the usps priority like nexus does but thats about it.
weavernator out
Agree, they generally have stuff that is hard to find at other places.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by futureal

I sent you a detailed message on here the last time you posted about it but never received a response. We de-listed the phone after the robbery since we weren't able to keep the physical store open until we worked things out with insurance.

Anyway, I'm not trying to pick arguments with people on here, what I will say is that like any business I do everything within my power to fulfill orders in a timely manner, keep the web site updated, and provide honest communication. In 99% of the cases this happens and people seem to be pretty happy, and we have a lot of repeat business. In the other 1%, I will just keep trying harder.
You are mistaken, in fact, you didn't respond to my last PM. Anyway, that is irrelevant at this point.

Keep us posted on when you have everything up at full speed again. I would like to become one of your 99th percentile customers.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:42 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Adding a USPS option is something I can look into. We tried to keep everything through FedEx since it has more robust tracking, and most of the early feedback we got was that people wanted to know exactly where packages were at all times.

Just in the past few weeks I finally began reworking some aspects of the commerce software that will allow us to offer a few additional options.

If I missed your PM IIGQ4U I apologize, after I sold RC Tech I really don't come here very often as I'm not very happy with the direction they took it, so I may have just missed it. I guess much of that is my fault for selling it but it just wasn't worth the many, many hours I put into it every week and something had to give.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Your order had one part that was already on our truck to take to the IIC when you placed it so we had to wait until yesterday to pack and ship it. You should have it by Friday, probably sooner.
Thanks, I checked the Fedex tracking and it should be here today...nice.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Adding a USPS option is something I can look into. We tried to keep everything through FedEx since it has more robust tracking, and most of the early feedback we got was that people wanted to know exactly where packages were at all times.

Thanks!
My opinion would be to offer both. Those that want robust tracking can choose FedEx. Those that want faster (and probably cheaper??) shipping can choose USPS Priority.

That would be my recommendation.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, I think the default USPS Priority rate for a low-weight package is about $5. FedEx Ground can vary but it is usually between $5 and $8 to a residential address.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

I'm glad Ampdraw is out there. Their prices are excellent. They are often the one good U.S. alternative to buying from Hong Kong. My July order was in my hand in four business days.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

How about this i just purchased flourine coated trf shocks that tamiya discontinued from ampdraw
Old 09-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I was ready to order a trf416 and a ton of parts,body tires etc,but the web site scared me off, no offence to you but I purchased elsewhere, but now seeing you posted does help some so I may buy parts from you from now on
Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
How about this i just purchased flourine coated trf shocks that tamiya discontinued from ampdraw
When I started it, one of my goals was to provide a racer-oriented store that carried more than just the same arms, hub carriers, etc. that you find everywhere, and do it at an attractive price. At the time a few years ago there weren't as many shops in that market, although now there are a few more for sure. So it's still a work in progress and we'll keep working on having the right stock and everything else.

Originally Posted by mickrcarver
I was ready to order a trf416 and a ton of parts,body tires etc,but the web site scared me off, no offence to you but I purchased elsewhere, but now seeing you posted does help some so I may buy parts from you from now on
I don't mind that you purchased elsewhere, but I'm curious, what about the site scared you off?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

When I started it, one of my goals was to provide a racer-oriented store that carried more than just the same arms, hub carriers, etc. that you find everywhere, and do it at an attractive price. At the time a few years ago there weren't as many shops in that market, although now there are a few more for sure. So it's still a work in progress and we'll keep working on having the right stock and everything else.

I don't mind that you purchased elsewhere, but I'm curious, what about the site scared you off?

i meant that as a good thing i couldnt find those shocks anywhere but ampdraw you have a proud customer and i have been purchasing products from you for a couple of years keep up the good work
warren
Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

FYI: USPS Priority is pretty much a waste of money now that USPS 1st class has been upgraded to 3-day delivery. 1st class is about half the price of both Priority and Parcel-Post options, yet it's 3-day delivery works every time. It's the only way I mail things...

Ironically, I always request this method from people I deal with, but they almost never listen. Sending something FedEX or UPS takes up to twice as long (and still gets lost in transit). Tracking, and confirmation is also a total joke. If they deliver to the wrong house or loose the package, tracking and confirmation don't help you get your package.

I'm all about USPS 1st class with no add ons...
Old 09-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 94eg!
1st class is about half the price of both Priority and Parcel-Post options.
Not to get off subject but I've never been quoted half the price of priority on stuff I've sent. Most of the time the difference is so small it doesn't make sense to not send priority.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 94eg!
FYI: USPS Priority is pretty much a waste of money now that USPS 1st class has been upgraded to 3-day delivery. 1st class is about half the price of both Priority and Parcel-Post options, yet it's 3-day delivery works every time. It's the only way I mail things...

Ironically, I always request this method from people I deal with, but they almost never listen. Sending something FedEX or UPS takes up to twice as long (and still gets lost in transit). Tracking, and confirmation is also a total joke. If they deliver to the wrong house or loose the package, tracking and confirmation don't help you get your package.

I'm all about USPS 1st class with no add ons...
1st class is great, as long as you are under 13 ounces
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

the web site feels old due to the fact that you have some very old products as featured items, and it never seems to change ,and I tried to ask a question for 2 days and got no responce

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.