R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Tech Adept
Default RC Road Car Outside?

I currently own a RC10T4 which is an offroad truck. I have lots of fun with it and am definately addicted to the speed. I've been thinking about getting a road car, but was wondering if they need to be use only indoor? How would a road car perform outdoors on a paved or concrete street? One obvious benefit of the RC10T4 is that it handles running into things or running off the street pretty well. How would a road car do? Are they fragile, or can they handle some cracks in the road? If you crash are they resiliant at all, or are you pretty much done?

Also, any input on a solid road car would be appreciated?

Dorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Tech Regular
Send a message via MSN to deanomgwhiteguy

well bud it depends on what your club has to race on, if they have a carpet track. you would be better off getting a FOAM setup of the car, if your club has a cement track like outdoors and that. rubber setups are alot better because the chassis needs to flex for it. And if your car is going at 80k's and being that small your going to imagine its going to be twitchy as, its a real change from offroad.

a couple of cars you could look at
Xray T2'009
Associated TC5
lot more good ones out, look at what other club members race
Dean Mellor
Xray T2'007/KO/ORION
deanomgwhiteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JATOdriver

Coming from someone who started in Off road and then came to onroad, now i race both but you will find that on road will be kinda hard to drive at first because of the speed and the sinsativity of the steering, but they compliment each other, iv learded more about racing off road from driving onroad and vise versa, i would suggest a TC3 or TC4 they are almost the same car so parts are interchagedable, parts are everywhere and they are cheep, i see rollers on here all the time for less then $100
Hi, my name is Daniel and i have a problem, I'm addicted to R/C cars.
JATOdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

It sounds like you just want to bash not race, if so you want a tub chassis car like the TC3 or TC4 mentioned. Thay will take more abuse than a top end carbon fiber car and will stand up to hits better. That said any car you plow into the curb at full speed will be a pile of broken parts. As to handling bumps and cracks yes thay will be fine up to a point, thay were'nt designed to be run off curbs and jumps.
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:37 AM   #5
Tech Adept
Default Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Dean, just bashing by myself and don't belong to a club, so per your advice, I will probably look for a rubber setup and definately check out the cars you mentioned. Jato I will check out the TC3&4. I'm excited to get my hands on something! You're right Chris, definately just bashing. I'm not sure what a tub chassis is, but I will look it up. So far I've looked at a Thunder Tiger Sparrowhawk and HPI E10....Any thoughts on those cars?

Dorion is offline   Reply With Quote