R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default need help car moves automatically

I have a big problem... I just got this car and its my first set up, so i'm not really sure whats going on. When I have the esc and the tx on, the car starts moving forward at about 1/4 speed. Also my forward and reverse are backwards on my tx(i have to press the trigger forward to go forward and squeeze to go in reverse). Its an HPI sprint 2 drift, esc = Tazer 15t, rx = Sanwa Rx-231, Tx = Sanwa Mx-A.

I don't think the ESC is programming correctly when I try to program it. I do exactly as it says and it still moves forward by its self..
The instructions say to turn on tx and then esc, press setup button on esc green and red light will come on, accelerate with tx and press program button and red light will go out, reverse with tx and press program button and green light will switch to red, return throttle to neutral position and press program button both lights will go out saying that setup is complete.

When I program, I never get a green light....

Does anybody have any ideas?(also tx/rx instructions are in japanese so i cant read it)

Edit: after playing with the setting on the tx for a while I figured it out and got it stop doing it.

Last edited by barrym07; 09-08-2009 at 04:45 AM.
barrym07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Your wires are switched. Check the plug into the receiver box and make sure its in there the right way. Then double check ALL the wiring on the car. Something is swapped backwards. After you found that if the car is still going on its own then its a trim setting on the transmitter.

Take your time and go through it step by step.

Good luck.
Tiger72 is offline   Reply With Quote