Search
Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAL
I was told from a someone at HPI that the Toyota GT1 body mould is still around. I'm not sure how many bodies are made in a production run or if they would be willing to do it even if people were interested. But it still exists!

That body and the Peugeot were the best. Where can the we find the GT1?

I'm thinking about getting the SM when it comes out and try to get the class revised at TQ. But people think Pro 10 is to big for our carpet track. However I think otherwise.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TOADYY
That body and the Peugeot were the best. Where can the we find the GT1?

I'm thinking about getting the SM when it comes out and try to get the class revised at TQ. But people think Pro 10 is to big for our carpet track. However I think otherwise.
For sure...

This is going to anger some people...oh well. Been in this hobby for a few decades now and raced about everything - onroad, offroad, electric, nitro, you name it. I've seen RC go the same way our society has. We spend so much time and effort dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator, so a monkey can feel good about himself, so no one will hurt themselves, you don't have to worry about making a bad decison, doing something wrong - it's not possible because we make things so risk free that it's not possible. And in my opinion, not fun.

Many of us have completely forgotten, or never learned, about throttle control, how to hold a line, how to pass with elegance, grace. Few know driving ettiquette. That's were the fun is - fast and clean. You make a mistake, there's consequence. Get it right? Wow...

All this awesome technology and we choose to kick these cars around the track like wet rags. Pro10 is what we need. Drive what you can handle, a smart driver will use only what he can make work and no more. Here's the rub, with that kind of speed and power comes responsibility. You can't just rip into the sweeper at 50mph and collect everyone in front of you, that's not racing.

I'm on Pro10 as soon as the SM is available.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Might, possibly, maybe one coming from out west at as well......

-E
What about this car?? Anybody know anything about it?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

this is one class of cars I will never give up...I havnt raced them in years but waing on a big outdoor track to open
Attached Thumbnails Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-001.jpg  
Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
It's a Kilt! I'm thinking BSR double purple or purple orange fronts and pink or double pink rears for carpet. I can always hope for minimal truing, but I'm sure there will be someone to take all the foam right off the rim.

Mr. Garvin, we should do something about the tires right off the bat. Open tire is fine, but once we find something that works we should limit insane foam grinding.
I agree there should be minimum starting thickness or something along those lines. Even though I feel like real racing requires squeezing every last bit out of your car and budget, the class may not grow if guys are dumping $100+ on foams every race... and I'm cheap as far as a racing addict goes lol.

At our track there is just no interest in 1S. So on to other classes. The massive power will never be used for 10.5 2S, but that is the point. I'll have to learn throttle control, braking and proper racing lines respectful of the speed potential. 21.5 blinky is hold it wide open and go. Seriously, a boosted 17.5 indoor on carpet will not show lap times faster than the 10.5. faster times just aren't in the racing surface. I'm looking forward to a year from now, outside where the car can perform. I'm hoping the club agrees.
Agreed! Throttle control, braking, and running a smooth line like a real road race car that sees full throttle only once and awhile when able and cruises 'round the track with the brake rotors glowing red from intense braking... now that's what real racing is to me.

Pro10 outside where the cars can really stretch their legs would be phenomenal! Are you guys looking at a paved track like the lucky euro folk, any more info?

Originally Posted by celt
For sure...

This is going to anger some people...oh well. Been in this hobby for a few decades now and raced about everything - onroad, offroad, electric, nitro, you name it. I've seen RC go the same way our society has. We spend so much time and effort dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator, so a monkey can feel good about himself, so no one will hurt themselves, you don't have to worry about making a bad decison, doing something wrong - it's not possible because we make things so risk free that it's not possible. And in my opinion, not fun.

Many of us have completely forgotten, or never learned, about throttle control, how to hold a line, how to pass with elegance, grace. Few know driving ettiquette. That's were the fun is - fast and clean. You make a mistake, there's consequence. Get it right? Wow...

All this awesome technology and we choose to kick these cars around the track like wet rags. Pro10 is what we need. Drive what you can handle, a smart driver will use only what he can make work and no more. Here's the rub, with that kind of speed and power comes responsibility. You can't just rip into the sweeper at 50mph and collect everyone in front of you, that's not racing.

I'm on Pro10 as soon as the SM is available.
VERY well said sir! I completely agree with your observations about our societal degradation... most people don't even notice or care.

My RC10L2 should be here soon and I will have it race ready in the coming weeks. I can't wait to get on the track for some Pro10 action with some REAL racers and run some wicked fast super CLEAN races.

Last edited by OrganicMechanic; 07-07-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

At our track there is just no interest in 1S. So on to other classes. The massive power will never be used for 10.5 2S, but that is the point. I'll have to learn throttle control, braking and proper racing lines respectful of the speed potential. 21.5 blinky is hold it wide open and go. Seriously, a boosted 17.5 indoor on carpet will not show lap times faster than the 10.5. faster times just aren't in the racing surface. I'm looking forward to a year from now, outside where the car can perform. I'm hoping the club agrees.
I raced 200mm 13.5t 2s boosted on a small indoor track with wooden barriers and from my experience I can say there is no natural inclination to go slower when there is plenty of traction (there is a limiting factor so you won't see a 4.5t for instance but a 13.5t 2s boosted is still fast that you need all the concentration). Limiting the motor is a good way of controling the speed on carpet and by that also limiting the possibility of crashing. 17.5t is fast enough on small indoor tracks (20-25 meter straight). Just my experience from racing 200mm 2s boosted 13.5t and 17.5t indoor.

I prefer asphalt tracks, it is more about throttle control and you can drive big tires without problems. There is more natural inclination to choose a motor for drivability sake.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
I still have some 10pan cars in a box in the basement, Assoc 10L's, Trinty Switch blade, Trinity Ev10.......mostly in new condition, if there is interest. Organic Mechanic got the pick of the litter. I too must be a 10pan body whore!!!!!

Stormer Hobbies.....AAA+++
Here is the pick of the litter lol, thanks again TJ! I almost felt bad while I was removing the wrapper and slicing the factory seal but the joy over came that. Now all I have to do is get a 10.5t and thoroughly enjoy!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by OrganicMechanic
Here is the pick of the litter lol, thanks again TJ! I almost felt bad while I was removing the wrapper and slicing the factory seal but the joy over came that. Now all I have to do is get a 10.5t and thoroughly enjoy!

Yeah I know, we're like little kids at Xmas!!!!! I know this isn't your first RodeoEnjoy and have fun my friend. 10.5+++++ NITRO SEDAN EATER!!!! Picked a bad week to ship it. (TUE) July 1st Canada Day national holiday (EH).....(Thu) July 4th US national holiday!!! How about some build pics.

BE
TJ
Old 07-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Which body are you planning to use on the L2?
Old 07-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default body choice

Hi guys, just looking for advice as to which PRO10 lola type body is the best for outdoor asphalt in your humble opinions, you can suggest either 200mm or 235mm or anything in between , dont let availability influence your decisions, just recommend what u believe to be the highest downforce and or best body available for 1/10 scale vehicles.
any advice would be greatly appreciated
cheers
oldenuff.

p.s this body would not be used for a pro 10 car, but potentially for use in a converted 4wd touring car with foams ( current body is a titan blitz 235mm lola, which works really well but i am keen to experiment)
Old 07-10-2014, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
Yeah I know, we're like little kids at Xmas!!!!! I know this isn't your first RodeoEnjoy and have fun my friend. 10.5+++++ NITRO SEDAN EATER!!!! Picked a bad week to ship it. (TUE) July 1st Canada Day national holiday (EH).....(Thu) July 4th US national holiday!!! How about some build pics.

BE
TJ
I hear ya bout the shipping lol, it was sitting in customs for days... but it's all good!

I'll be running that 10.5 indoors on carpet and it should be a rocket ship/hand full. Which is exactly what I want... to gain real driving experience and skill. It will be even better if we can get the class outdoors next summer, then the Pro10's can really stretch their legs!

I will definitely post build pics. I have alot of compiled research and ideas for some suspension updates/mods that I'll be doing. On that note- I've gotta send out a thanks to 2wdrive and MarkA for all the RC10L2 info they've posted, and to Joost K. and Pro10noob for the prototype ideas they've posted.

Originally Posted by RoyU
Which body are you planning to use on the L2?
I'll mostly be using the Protoform P905B because the high downforce works well on indoor carpet for me and is available for $23. I also have an out of production Protofrom Nissan P35 which I will be trying. If the Nissan P35 works better then the P905B I'll have to deal with the shipping costs and snag some from overseas. Any body suggestions you might have?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

If they were still available, Andy's Mercedes. Dahms had a body I think it was called "Lotech" or something like that.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RoyU
If they were still available, Andy's Mercedes. Dahms had a body I think it was called "Lotech" or something like that.
This Mercedes?
http://www.rc-bodies.de/shop/product...products_id=33
Old 07-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That is the Sauber C11 body.
Still good to get.
For 200MM try the Porsche 962.
For 235MM try the Mix Nissan if it is a bit scale like.
If you want pure downforce, indeed a lola body.
You have to ask the Germans what is best for that as they run these bodies in there RC Le-mans series.
You need a motor to mach tho as i a 10.5 boosted won't last long with this body if you want some speed in the car
If it is 10.5 boosted, try the Nissan P35 from Corally, the Mix Nissan, the Sauber or if you can get your hands on it the Protoform Peugeot 905MD
The 905HD has more steering but that can be altered by using a gurney.

Regards Roy

Old 07-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
That is the Sauber C11 body.
Still good to get.
For 200MM try the Porsche 962.
For 235MM try the Mix Nissan if it is a bit scale like.
If you want pure downforce, indeed a lola body.
You have to ask the Germans what is best for that as they run these bodies in there RC Le-mans series.
You need a motor to mach tho as i a 10.5 boosted won't last long with this body if you want some speed in the car
If it is 10.5 boosted, try the Nissan P35 from Corally, the Mix Nissan, the Sauber or if you can get your hands on it the Protoform Peugeot 905MD
The 905HD has more steering but that can be altered by using a gurney.

Regards Roy
Are the Mix Nissan and the Corally Nissan P35 the same body? Are either of them the same as the old Protoform P35?

Is the Andys Mercedes still available?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.