R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #1306

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
If my recollection is right the yokomo body is the Nissan P35? If that is correct then that body is still availlable from corally.
Yes, Yokomo was repackaging the P35.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #1307
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Yes, Yokomo was repackaging the P35.
Its not the P-35,I will check it tomorrow.so you guys have a part number.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #1308

In that case, a pic would probably help as well if you can get one.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #1309
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Update: got my newly acquired RC10l2 pretty well dialed in at my local carpet track in Dallas. We don't have a class for pro10, I just wanted to throw one together to put down some ballistic laps. For power I am running an Orion r10 and 8.5 blinky on two cell lipo. This puppy hauls the mail! It's a little overboard for a small tight carpet track but It can do laps that are half a second faster than the fastest mod sedans laps.

Initially I was running on wgt Spec tires but they did not provide enough steering to keep the speed up in the corners. Ended up ordering exceed tires from a main hobbies. Right now it's rolling on carpet medium rears and carpet soft fronts. The rear is still a little too planted so ill get some hard rears coming on my next order.

Still need to fine tune the gearing. It will go for 6 minutes but the motor is approaching 200 degrees! Ill keep dropping teeth on my pinion or possibly use some of that free space in the rear pod and add a cooling fan.
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #1310
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer robert View Post
Update: got my newly acquired RC10l2 pretty well dialed in at my local carpet track in Dallas. We don't have a class for pro10, I just wanted to throw one together to put down some ballistic laps. For power I am running an Orion r10 and 8.5 blinky on two cell lipo. This puppy hauls the mail! It's a little overboard for a small tight carpet track but It can do laps that are half a second faster than the fastest mod sedans laps.

Initially I was running on wgt Spec tires but they did not provide enough steering to keep the speed up in the corners. Ended up ordering exceed tires from a main hobbies. Right now it's rolling on carpet medium rears and carpet soft fronts. The rear is still a little too planted so ill get some hard rears coming on my next order.

Still need to fine tune the gearing. It will go for 6 minutes but the motor is approaching 200 degrees! Ill keep dropping teeth on my pinion or possibly use some of that free space in the rear pod and add a cooling fan.
Sounds like fun!

In your previous post you mentioned that it pushed in the sweeper. If it's okay in the slower corners, you might have the center of pressure too far to the rear. I doubt that you can easily add front downforce, but you can always try removing rear downforce, or moving the whole body forward.

If you need more front grip everywhere, and you have the stiffest T plate in already, you can try making a thicker one, or possibly do the 10L2.5 conversion so you can change the side springs. I think MarkA documented this way back in the "1/10th pan car" thread.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...l2.5ombouw.jpg

Last edited by howardcano; 09-25-2013 at 05:12 PM.
howardcano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #1311
Tech Regular

Thanks for the link, the car is really close and I am happy with it. It pushed everywhere on wgt spec tires all around but with the softer fronts it can carry massive speed.

It's just fun to experiment with an old chassis and current electronics. Next goal is to get the gearing and temps in check then start to add some boost!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #1312
Tech Master

did you try to install the 3rd T-bar screw and or stiffer spring? It might help with the steering too.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #1313
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
did you try to install the 3rd T-bar screw and or stiffer spring? It might help with the steering too.
Got the car used and it already had all three T bar screws in place. After reading the manual I realized this is a tuning option and have left it in since I need no more rear grip. Also have been playing with stiffer center springs witch has helped. Since I also have many F1 cars I also have many fine TRF center shocks so that's what I used on this car. It is a nice size for the chassis and I have plenty of tuning springs and rebuild kits to go along with it.

Ordered more tires that should be here on Monday so I'll have more compounds to try soon.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #1314
Tech Master

did you try to put an insert in the upper topplate between the dampener washers? The standard plastic inserts are probably too abrupt but a soft rubber O-ring or something else could work to make the side to side motion stiffer = more steering.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #1315
Tech Regular

Good idea, ill try an o ring up there. The car came with one insert between the damper disks but from the looks of it I think it's the small one and allows very little movement so I have not ran with it.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #1316

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
I think MarkA documented this way back in the "1/10th pan car" thread.
I am once again late in getting caught up in this thread but PetitRC still hosts my L2.5 stuff here: http://www.petitrc.com/Tech/AE_RC10L...on/Aritcle.htm although these days, it would probably be best to just do the top plate drilled as was already linked to.

Otherwise, that link was a real trip down memory lane for me...where are all the wires? Now I remember what a comm lathe looks like...
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #1317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Erhmmm Mark??

Joost and i are running this same setup on our prototype cars based on the L2
Only difference is that we use the 12R5 or 10R5 centre shock on the side and we use a TC shock for the center position.
We also use a different rear pod.
Works like a charm.
Check link

Regards Roy
http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/...35-cs12-se.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
I am once again late in getting caught up in this thread but PetitRC still hosts my L2.5 stuff here: http://www.petitrc.com/Tech/AE_RC10L...on/Aritcle.htm although these days, it would probably be best to just do the top plate drilled as was already linked to.

Otherwise, that link was a real trip down memory lane for me...where are all the wires? Now I remember what a comm lathe looks like...
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #1318
Tech Adept

Looking for a gearing recommendation for a pro10 Lucas Agitator running a 17.5 with a 2 cell lipo and a tekin rs esc.

Ty for the help
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #1319
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

For those of you looking for something other than the standard 235mm bodies that have been around for a while, DeltaPlastik is selling bodies in the US now.
http://deltaplastikusa.com/index.php...ory&path=65_63

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #1320
Tech Regular

Default ....cool ......

@NutDriver; thank you for the link-if this didn't pop up on redrc, i'd never know of it.