R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #91
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
welcome to the forum. If you want to know more about pancars there is a pancar thread wich is almost 1000 pages long. It lurks in the oval-larger scales and more. in 2001 or something some moderator moved it there and it stayed there ever since. It has a wealth of information, just takes a few nights to read through it
Thank you very much... 1000 pages? itīs done I donīt like oval but i supose in these thread people write about all pan cars (not only oval). Iīll read all i can

Thanks again. Regards
karamelobcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:32 AM   #92
Tech Master

it is not an oval thread but a 235mm pancar thread but some moderator put it in the oval section
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #93
Tech Regular

Tell a moderator to fix it. Its a insult to put the fastest 1/10 scale cars in a sub category for cars that only goes around roundabouts.
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #94
Tech Addict

[bubba-joe]THEY ARE MAKING A LEFT TURN!!![/bubba-joe]

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #95
Tech Initiate

Hello again
About traction compounds, what are you using? I have tried:
-cs high grip (for me the best, but with an agressive driving is difficult keep it the 8 minutes of a main)
-Corally (I think tc2): I donīt like very much. Donīt gives the same traction as cs but you can keep it more time
-Lrp: For me an intermediate of cs and corally but not so good
-Paragon fx: It seems like cs. I think it gives a bit more grip but you can keep it a bit less of time
-Red dot: A bit less agresive than cs but works so well.

Have you any tricks about how to apply? Any trick about increase the time of traction working?

And about tires, its so difficult to get tires in my city, we only can buy jaco aqua but they are not the best. I have tried jaco pink (rear) and i think they are a bit better than aqua compound but the best i have tried for this moment is rc4less. I think they was 35 compound. What are you using (for asphalt)? There is something better than rc4less 35 compound? And where can i purchase it?. In front i have used jaco purples and grp 37 and they both works fine.

Regards
Old 02-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
[bubba-joe]THEY ARE MAKING A LEFT TURN!!![/bubba-joe]

Really the guys that are actively involved in the 10th pan discussion inthe Oval, Larger Scales and More dont seem to have a problem with the discussion being where it is.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #97
Tech Master

Most drivers over here use Speedtech Foam liquid. It seems to be the bomb at this moment.

There are some tricks being used to get more traction.
1. massage the tires after you put on the sauce (put gloves on)
2. sunscreen lotion after 20 minutes of soaking with traction compound and let dry another 10 minutes or so
3. tire warmers to warm the tires to get the traction compound into the tires even deeper.

When using all the three above in sequence you will have awesome traction but also awesome tire wear.

I am still not sure what tires i will be using for next summer season. I might try some GP tires (not GRP) GP is a german manufacturer. They seem to be good and not that expensive and they don't seem to be having problems with the rims. Not sure why manufacturers are having problems with rims as 1/8 and 1/10 nitro are using foams as well and they don't seem to be having any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamelobcn View Post
Hello again
About traction compounds, what are you using? I have tried:
-cs high grip (for me the best, but with an agressive driving is difficult keep it the 8 minutes of a main)
-Corally (I think tc2): I donīt like very much. Donīt gives the same traction as cs but you can keep it more time
-Lrp: For me an intermediate of cs and corally but not so good
-Paragon fx: It seems like cs. I think it gives a bit more grip but you can keep it a bit less of time
-Red dot: A bit less agresive than cs but works so well.

Have you any tricks about how to apply? Any trick about increase the time of traction working?

And about tires, its so difficult to get tires in my city, we only can buy jaco aqua but they are not the best. I have tried jaco pink (rear) and i think they are a bit better than aqua compound but the best i have tried for this moment is rc4less. I think they was 35 compound. What are you using (for asphalt)? There is something better than rc4less 35 compound? And where can i purchase it?. In front i have used jaco purples and grp 37 and they both works fine.

Regards
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #98
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

anyone know of a source for old, old Corally SP10 parts? This is THE original corally pan car with the aluminum chassis

would love to get this out on the track in a Pro10 class (assuming we'd ever get enough)

any ideas?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #99
Tech Initiate

what do you need??????????,or try

http://www.corally.com/

or

http://www.pkracing.nl/corally0_74999.jsp
http://www.pkracing.nl/corally75000_76999.jsp
or send both an email

ebay.de
kc steringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #100
Tech Adept

Here's a link to another thread that has pictures of my RC10L with the new Novak Havoc 1s ESC mounted on it.

Novak Havoc 1s ESC 13.5 combo

Bottom of page 2

RC10L (Pro 10, WGT), TC4, BMI DB12RR, Scalpel
Lee_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #101
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Most drivers over here use Speedtech Foam liquid. It seems to be the bomb at this moment.

There are some tricks being used to get more traction.
1. massage the tires after you put on the sauce (put gloves on)
2. sunscreen lotion after 20 minutes of soaking with traction compound and let dry another 10 minutes or so
3. tire warmers to warm the tires to get the traction compound into the tires even deeper.

When using all the three above in sequence you will have awesome traction but also awesome tire wear.

I am still not sure what tires i will be using for next summer season. I might try some GP tires (not GRP) GP is a german manufacturer. They seem to be good and not that expensive and they don't seem to be having problems with the rims. Not sure why manufacturers are having problems with rims as 1/8 and 1/10 nitro are using foams as well and they don't seem to be having any problems.
lol. I have eared about sunscreen lotion but i wasnīt sure it works. About the tire warmer i have seen a couple of partners doing this and they say it works... About the tires you are going to use, where can i buy them? Iīd like to try them. I think the worst of 1/10 pan car is to find good tires. Iīm not convinced with jaco. Rc4less i like a lot but itīs a bit expensive the shipping prices to spain. If the tires you are talking about are from germany iīm sure the shipping prices will be lower...
Thanks a lot. Regards
Old 02-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #102
Tech Master

what are these GP tyres?, not heard of them.

I too cant get on with Jaco's.
Am currently running GRP Magenta's
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #103
Tech Initiate

I donīt too. 2wdrive wrote about them...
Quote:
I am still not sure what tires i will be using for next summer season. I might try some GP tires (not GRP) GP is a german manufacturer. They seem to be good and not that expensive and they don't seem to be having problems with the rims.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #104

http://www.gp-speedtires.de/

Go for 36shore rears and 38 or 40 shore fronts.

You can buy them on Corally rims or as donuts.

Corally also has some new and very good compounds: Pink rear and Lilac front works great.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #105
Tech Regular

Default Conversion Hub

I still have RC10L3 Touring, and really difficult to get 1/10 Pancar tyre on my area.
Any info regarding Conversion Hub (kind of adaptor) for Associate RC10(L), so that possible to use plenty available 26mm (F) and 30mm (R) 1/10 GP on-road Tyres?? Thanks,,
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote