R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #1021
Tech Master

The wheels seem to be for 1/10 pancars but ask him what diameter and width the wheels are and ask for a picture of the backwheels to see the 4 screw holes, just to be sure. I personally have never seen those front wheels but maybe someone else did

Without knowing what type and shore foam is on the wheels and if the foam is very old or not it is difficult to say if it is of any use except re-using the rims to glue new foam donuts on in the worst case.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #1022
Tech Apprentice

tyres are in 30 and 32sh front and 22 and 24sh rear...too soft? he says that the wheels fit in his corally

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-p9210077.jpg
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #1023
Tech Master

That seems too soft. The side walls will probably flex a lot in corners.

Another thing is 22 - 24 shore only describes how soft they are but not how much natural rubber is in there. If it's low % of natural rubber it will have less traction than with higher natural rubber content. For outdoor use and normal conditions you want tires with higher % of natural rubber such as pinks, magenta's double pink, purple etc.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:34 AM   #1024
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salze145 View Post
anyone knows these old wheels? I have the opportunity to buy several new lots of them. The seller says that these wheels are for PRO10...

champion tires

Attachment 972657
These are indeed old Ellegi Pro10 tires from Italy. The original wheels were light red colour but they made also black versions for LRP. These tires were not that bad back in the days but these are now at least 15 years old.

That shore range was typical that time there had been even 28sh front from Ellegi. I donīt know exactly what rubber it is but nothing of the yellow/green/blue. It is more something as Japanese rubber but was slightly different than Enneti or Jaco.
The wheels were quite strong and didnīt break in a crash.
If these tires are cheap and you want use just for fun they could work as long as you keep with a slow motor. Using any fast brushless motor you really should go with modern rubber as 2wdrive says.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #1025
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12 View Post
These are indeed old Ellegi Pro10 tires from Italy. The original wheels were light red colour but they made also black versions for LRP. These tires were not that bad back in the days but these are now at least 15 years old.

That shore range was typical that time there had been even 28sh front from Ellegi. I donīt know exactly what rubber it is but nothing of the yellow/green/blue. It is more something as Japanese rubber but was slightly different than Enneti or Jaco.
The wheels were quite strong and didnīt break in a crash.
If these tires are cheap and you want use just for fun they could work as long as you keep with a slow motor. Using any fast brushless motor you really should go with modern rubber as 2wdrive says.
thanks for the info!

A video of a social race this past weekend in Santa Oliva, Tarragona. The track has medium grip, we're not as fast as in other tracks, but we are improving ...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #1026
Tech Regular

It was a good race Albert, but I am sure next one will be even better!!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #1027
Tech Master

thanks for posting the vid. Always nice to see a race. Quite a big track as well which is nice to drive even with medium traction.

Last weekend we had our last national pro10 race. Only 6 drivers attended which is kind of a bummer. It was on a technical track with high concrete curbs and low traction due to dust blowing over from a dirtbike circuit. It was strenuous to drive with the low traction (no speed to get downforce ) together with the high curbs. Hitting a curb would mean the car was launched with possibility hitting more curbs or cars hitting you when you were flung on other parts of the track. The fact that the circuit was newly added this year and not many had any experience on it didn't make it easier. All in all i was still pleased with 2nd place plus was happy I didn't hit too many curbs as it could have been a lot worse with broken parts. . (only broke one A-arm)

The V-link setup really showed it's merrit on dusty/low grip circuits.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 10-01-2012 at 02:18 PM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:38 AM   #1028
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ses414

anyone can translate to english?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

What is his set up? the motor does not look like 540 size
ses414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #1029
Tech Master

It is a rc devil pro10 with prototype esc from Atos with a 7t delta lehner motor. It runs sensorless with adaptive timing with 4s lipo. You have to run at least 37 shore tires otherwise the tires will be chunk easy because of the force. motor and esc temperature are around 50-60C. Speeds can reach 120km/h easy while retaining low operating temperatures.

They have a prototype esc for the 1/8 onroad as well which runs on 6s lipo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUKRJ5mMdU

There is a topic about it here Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #1030
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ses414

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
It is a rc devil pro10 with prototype esc from Atos with a 7t delta lehner motor. It runs sensorless with adaptive timing with 4s lipo. You have to run at least 37 shore tires otherwise the tires will be chunk easy because of the force. motor and esc temperature are around 50-60C. Speeds can reach 120km/h easy while retaining low operating temperatures.

They have a prototype esc for the 1/8 onroad as well which runs on 6s lipo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JUKRJ5mMdU

There is a topic about it here Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
wow thank you so much 2wdrive
I was wondering how is it even possible with a smaller motor to achieve this kind of speed
ses414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #1031
Tech Initiate

Default CRC Steering Tie Rod

If at all possible, could someone please measure and tell me the steering tie rod length that is supplied with the CRC 235mm conversion kit. I lost the orginals, and am looking to track down some replacements from Lundsford.

Thank you.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #1032
Tech Master

I can't help you with the length but maybe measuring the total length from ball end on the spindle to ball end on the servo saver will get you a guestamisation? Substract the lenght of the ballcups and add a few mm marging to set toe out and in will get you in the right direction.

That is the way I do it to find suitable turnbuckles.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 12-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #1033
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you have the ones for the 200mm car, measure them and add 17mm to it. Should be close.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #1034
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The one that are supplied with the CRC kit are 60MM length.

Regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB-R View Post
If at all possible, could someone please measure and tell me the steering tie rod length that is supplied with the CRC 235mm conversion kit. I lost the orginals, and am looking to track down some replacements from Lundsford.

Thank you.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #1035
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
The one that are supplied with the CRC kit are 60MM length.

Regards Roy
The ones that came in my kit are 2.25" or 57mm..Measured in the parts bag, I never did install the the option !!!! Almost 60mm!!
THEBIGBULL is offline   Reply With Quote