Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikus
MarkA as in this Mark A?
That's me. TOADYY's been keeping me up to date on the class running at IIC this year. It'd be a stretch for me to make it but my interest is certainly piqued.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MarkA
That's me. TOADYY's been keeping me up to date on the class running at IIC this year. It'd be a stretch for me to make it but my interest is certainly piqued.
Nice, I just sold my 235mm cars a couple weeks ago. Just running 1/12th and 10th sedan lately. You have racing going on in your neck of the woods?
Old 06-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mikus
Nice, I just sold my 235mm cars a couple weeks ago. Just running 1/12th and 10th sedan lately. You have racing going on in your neck of the woods?
All OnRoad is dead in Oregon. There's an outdoor track a couple hours away but electric participation is as limited as it's season and next year in the winter, nearest indoor OnRoad will be in Seattle, 6+ hours away. I've actually taken a real liking to carpet/Astroturf OffRoad and we have four of those tracks within a couple hours of me.

I just wish IIC ran a more conventional Fri-Sun race format and I'd be shopping for Pro10 cars even if it was just a one-off race for me. Very hard to get/justify that much time off for me otherwise.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

All OnRoad is dead in Oregon. There's an outdoor track a couple hours away but electric participation is as limited as it's season and next year in the winter, nearest indoor OnRoad will be in Seattle, 6+ hours away. I've actually taken a real liking to carpet/Astroturf OffRoad and we have four of those tracks within a couple hours of me.

I just wish IIC ran a more conventional Fri-Sun race format and I'd be shopping for Pro10 cars even if it was just a one-off race for me. Very hard to get/justify that much time off for me otherwise.
A group of us are bringing up our 235mm cars to the Timezone GP next month. We won't be racing them technically but since there is usually a lot of daylight left after Practice and qualies, we are going to have some fun.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
I am wondering how competitive the older original RC10L 235mm chassis can be with modern electronics in comparison to cars like the speedmetchant or the VBC Lightning??

Also if I can find one of these RC10L what upgrades would anyone racing one of these chassis recommend ??!?
Good question; I have a 9t motor and a ESC for my 235 , but I have to order new tires. Ate them up running in parking lots.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Here you can see how competitive is very old RC10LS pan car.

10.5 lrp x12 motor + tekin gen2 esc + ufra tires (38-34)
Two 1s lipo linked in series ==> 2s

Great Fun! Believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WplWfPenUs

Originally Posted by 1spunspur
Good question; I have a 9t motor and a ESC for my 235 , but I have to order new tires. Ate them up running in parking lots.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

UFRA 38 in front and UFRA 34 in rear? What do you put on your tyres?
Old 06-30-2016, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YoDog
A group of us are bringing up our 235mm cars to the Timezone GP next month. We won't be racing them technically but since there is usually a lot of daylight left after Practice and qualies, we are going to have some fun.
Should be a lot of fun there. If you get them hooked up and are running 2s and a lot of motor, would be interesting to see how close you could get to the 1/8th nitro outright single-lap laptime on that track. Years ago, when Revelation in Southern Cal was OnRoad, we were within a couple tenths there and electric tech has moved forward a lot more than they have in the decade plus since then.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default width and wheelbase

Hi,

just wondering what width people are finding works best, specifically front, as I am guessing rear is near 235mm. Curious about wheelbase as well. Hoping to get a car ready to play around with at the TZGP. Need to track down some tires. Everybody seems out of the preferred compounds. I can mount rubber if its available as donuts.

Thanks,
-Alex
Old 07-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Whatever works best for the track you run on...

The front and rear width is a tuning-option which affects the balance in grip and steering.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi,

just wondering what width people are finding works best, specifically front, as I am guessing rear is near 235mm. Curious about wheelbase as well. Hoping to get a car ready to play around with at the TZGP. Need to track down some tires. Everybody seems out of the preferred compounds. I can mount rubber if its available as donuts.

Thanks,
-Alex
RC4LESS has a good selection of pan car tires.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
RC4LESS has a good selection of pan car tires.
Thanks, I'll look them up.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Whatever works best for the track you run on...

The front and rear width is a tuning-option which affects the balance in grip and steering.
I realize those are tuning tools, but in the past the front tended to be slightly narrower in general, so I was wondering if for a starting point people found that they were closer to 210 - 220 in the front. Thanks for chiming in.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oldrcr
Hi,

Thanks,
-Alex
A-Main usually stocks the Exceed stuff and updates their stock regularly. 35-40 shore fronts and 30-35 shore rears seem to be the most popular.
I have BSR Magenta fronts and Pink rears that I will be bringing up with me if you get into a bind.
I'm running about 235mm rear and 210mm front track width.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Should be a lot of fun there. If you get them hooked up and are running 2s and a lot of motor, would be interesting to see how close you could get to the 1/8th nitro outright single-lap laptime on that track. Years ago, when Revelation in Southern Cal was OnRoad, we were within a couple tenths there and electric tech has moved forward a lot more than they have in the decade plus since then.
We run 10.5t motors on 2s and open ESC's just like in Europe and they haul serious butt!
70+ MPH on the back straight. One of these days I'll get some video posted from Warm Springs Raceway. They have a sweet uphill, super long straight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.