Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hiya G-Rem,

Grats on buying a Vorlon
A good low profile would be perfect for the Vorlon.
You don't need the fastest servo there is in the car.
We found out that if you go to fast servo wise the car tend to push even if the setup is good.
If you turn down the speed a bit, the car comes back to life.
Tire wear with a to fast steering speed will go up like mad also.
0.09 is fast enough if your running indoor on carpet and outdoor on the nitro tracks like Gent.
What is the difference between SSR and SHR mode?
Is this like digital or analog mode?

Regards Roy
Old 01-15-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Originally Posted by G-rem
Hi everyone,

I've received my brand new VIP Vorlon kit, but I am still waiting for some VBC front end parts to start the build (anyway, with all the snow right now here in Belgium, it should be a bit hard to drive^^)

Question about servo for my car: last year I used on my AE/TRR Pro10 a Futaba BLS651 (which I now use in my F1 car). This little servo did perfectly his job, but I got no other point of view as it was my first year Pro10.

Right now, I have a KO PDS951-ICS 12th servo which has good features, and I was asking me if buying a touring low profile servo is really worth, instead of using my KO servo.
If I have to do so, I decided to go with Highest servo.

When you look at the features of both servo, the Highest is only 2 hundredths quicker but less powerfull than the KO. The advantage for the Highest is the fact I can use it with SSR mode on my MT4-S radio, the KO could only be used in SHR mode (which is supposed to be a bit slower than the SSR mode).

So, what should be my choice for my car?

Thanks for your advices,
Regards,
G-rem
A good low profile would be perfect for the Vorlon.
You don't need the fastest servo there is in the car.
We found out that if you go to fast servo wise the car tend to push even if the setup is good.
If you turn down the speed a bit, the car comes back to life.
Tire wear with a to fast steering speed will go up like mad also.
0.09 is fast enough if your running indoor on carpet and outdoor on the nitro tracks like Gent.
Hi Roy,

thanks for your input! So you suggest still to buy a low profile servo instead of using my "initially 1/12 scale" KO servo?

I noticed last year that I had to turn down the servo speed and add some negative expo to the steering, the car's reactions were way better after that (hopefully, I understand well that kind of setting)

What is the difference between SSR and SHR mode?
Is this like digital or analog mode?
No, not really; it is all about latency and transmission speed between the Tx and the Rx, it has no impact on the servo speed (which is pre-determined by the servo specs themselves and not by the latency).
People says you feel more connected to your car with the SSR mode than with the SHR (which is also a fast transmission mode, just slower than the super fast SSR mode). But, to use the SSR mode, you need a Sanwa servo from the SRG line (SRG-BL, SRG-BLS V2,...), or any servo suitable for this mode (like the Highest I listed above). For other digital servo (like my Futaba BLS651 I use in my F1 with my MT4-S radio), you have to use the SHR mode. And for analog servo, the normal mode (is there still people using analog servo, really?!?)

PS: too bad you already sold your VIP, a friend of mine told me yesterday he would like to jump into pan car, your roller would have been perfect...
Old 01-15-2016, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Contact me on FB G-Rem,
Perhaps i have something for your friend
Depends on his budget

Regards Roy
Old 01-15-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I totally agree with my buddy Roy.
Get a good low-profile servo.
We tested the cars with servo speed. I race with an Orion low-profile servo and at full servo speed the car pushed really hard. Turned down the servo speed and voilà... The car was dead on and steering like it was on a railroad track.

Personally, I would stay away from 12th scale servo's. Some use them but in Pro10 with 2s and 10.5 or modified, the powers are far greater than on any 12th scale. Especially when you go airborne "LeMans" style... Hit the tarmac but the servo will survive...
Old 01-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joost K.
I totally agree with my buddy Roy.
Get a good low-profile servo.
We tested the cars with servo speed. I race with an Orion low-profile servo and at full servo speed the car pushed really hard. Turned down the servo speed and voilà... The car was dead on and steering like it was on a railroad track.

Personally, I would stay away from 12th scale servo's. Some use them but in Pro10 with 2s and 10.5 or modified, the powers are far greater than on any 12th scale. Especially when you go airborne "LeMans" style... Hit the tarmac but the servo will survive...
Thanks Joost!

I absolutely don't see what you are saying by "airborne" style (ironic)
Last time it was due to the rear flap on my Mix Nissan GTP who was too high, first straight, front wheels were up in the air (wheeling style), second straight: take-off and backflip + return on its four wheels, really nice

Back to the topic, do you have advice for a good low profile servo?

Regards,
G-rem
Old 01-15-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Good choice is this----> http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1251...avsc1251mg.htm
If you want to go cheap then this--------> http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...strSearch=1251
Have them both and they work perfectly

Regards Roy
Old 01-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Futaba S9550
Futaba S9551
Orion VDS-1009
Orion VDS2-1007

Probably all Savöx, Sanwa, Ko-Propo low profile servo's

I think that there are too many brands to name.

My personal policy is always... Either Team Orion or the brand my transmitter is (why Orion? Because I can & like...)
Old 01-17-2016, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Trinity Switchblade 10

Well after watching here for a looooong time I thought I would rebuild and run my brothers Switchblade.

Planned is new bottom deck to accommodate a shorty lipo across the back and a general tidy up!

One question is what body shell options do I have?

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-sb10.jpg  
Old 01-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Trying to find the best tires for our local track which is rootbeer/cocacola/sodapop prepped medium size outdoor asphalt track.

So far the rc4less tires seem decent but I think the bsr purple fronts and pink rears are best from what i've tried.

I want to try other brands though, which shores of tires should I try next? I'm curious about these Contact tires found on the link below.

Any other brands I should consider?

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/catego...T10_Tyres.html
Old 01-18-2016, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lagcisco
Trying to find the best tires for our local track which is rootbeer/cocacola/sodapop prepped medium size outdoor asphalt track.

So far the rc4less tires seem decent but I think the bsr purple fronts and pink rears are best from what i've tried.

I want to try other brands though, which shores of tires should I try next? I'm curious about these Contact tires found on the link below.

Any other brands I should consider?

http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/catego...T10_Tyres.html
I use white rears and pink fronts at Roadrunners and Cal Raceway.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

I hear and have seen a lot of tires from contact tires that have come loose from the rim.
Not a good thing.
Tires itself seem to be good but if they didn't solve the comming loose part i would stay away from them.
I would go for Ufra tires.
Almost the same shores for hand and very consistend.
I myself been running BSR for a couple of years without any problems.
This is with double purple up front and purple at the rear.
This 40SH front and 35SH rear.
With Ufra that would be 40SH front and 36SH rear.
The 40SH Ufra have a little less bite then the BSR 40SH(double purple)
Wear from the ufra is good as is it from BSR.
Another brand is Exceed.
Then it would be hard/ hard combo on the outdoor tires.
This is also 40/35SH

Regards Roy
Old 01-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America

Where can I buy those Ufra tires?
Old 01-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Here you go-------> http://ufra-tyres.ch/en/shop

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by lagcisco
Where can I buy those Ufra tires?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Anyone know about the status of this project for a new pro10 body?

Originally Posted by daleepp
A big "THANKYOU" to all you guys that answered my question about the wheels in the photo.

It so nice to see that the Pro10 classis is increasing in popularity. I've always thought that the class was totally cool. With the modern technology, I can't even imagine how fast they are. Sweet!

OK....more questions. Thanks in advance for your answers. The more input I receive from you guys, the better my understanding of how to make a better mousetrap. When I'm able to hear "many" opinions, then I look for a common thread that weaves through them - and that helps me to draw a more sure conclusion.

Where does the Hi-Downforce 905B have too much unwanted downforce:
Front?
Rear?
Both front and rear?

What type of tracks does the Hi-DF 905B have too much unwanted downforce?
Large paved?
Small paved?
Indoor carpet?

Bruce at Speedmerchant is hard at work on an all new Pro10 body. From what he has told me - it will be awesome. I'm trying to give him some solid advice on the project. I think he's shooting for a release sometime this fall.

Thanks again guys - Dale
Old 01-19-2016, 04:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

UFRA tires are very good!!
I (with pro10 Associated RC10L) usually use 38sh front and 34sh rear with paragon ground effect.
Ciao!

ps wear is minimum

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_WplWfPenUs

I hear and have seen a lot of tires from contact tires that have come loose from the rim.
Not a good thing.
Tires itself seem to be good but if they didn't solve the comming loose part i would stay away from them.
I would go for Ufra tires.
Almost the same shores for hand and very consistend.
I myself been running BSR for a couple of years without any problems.
This is with double purple up front and purple at the rear.
This 40SH front and 35SH rear.
With Ufra that would be 40SH front and 36SH rear.
The 40SH Ufra have a little less bite then the BSR 40SH(double purple)
Wear from the ufra is good as is it from BSR.
Another brand is Exceed.
Then it would be hard/ hard combo on the outdoor tires.
This is also 40/35SH

Regards Roy

Last edited by moraccio; 01-21-2016 at 04:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.