03-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
JS Pro 10 kit on CRC Gen X 10, Complete Car
For the first time this complete car is available at Stranahan RC. Here is a link to a web page with a 10 photo description of the car.
Here are some of the nice features borrowed from that page.
The finest from Stranahan-RC and CRC are combined here to make the ultimate 235 mm wide pan car. Features include:
- Dual A-arm front suspension for more steering precision, more cornering grip, fully dampened for no blowovers.
- 3-link Rear Suspension, for better forward traction, better traction through the bumps, more cornering traction.
- Wide Pan Axle with standard left side dual clamp hub for lower rotating mass
- Low center of gravity front arms.
- Panhard bar controls side to side movement with very low friction for an extremely supple pod in roll.
- Stranahan-RC Nerf wings protect the rear axle. New 2.0 mm thickness for light weight.
- Customized RPM Nylon front bumper has the ideal bumper material for trouble free racing. The short length is front diffuser friendly in case the use decides to add one to the body. The bumper includes to forward body post holes.
- 3mm pod height can be used for ultra low pod center of gravity.
- Fully Dampened on all four corners. Four tires - four shocks.
- No more hinged middle section to drag the track and needlessly rotate the motor can with bump.
- CRC deluxe battery trays from the Losi JRXS for easy, from the bottom, ultra secure battery install.
- CRC fully adjustable Servo mount plate and Servo Mounts.
- Easily adjustable front roll center by changing spacer position on the kingpin.
- Typical pan car like adjustment of camber and caster.
- Camber adjustments no longer change the roll center.
- CRC pivot ball tension adjusters on lower arm
- Antisquat is now adjustable giving you better forward traction than typical pan cars, by changing the height of the side link forwqrd pivots or upper links rear pivot.
- Track Attack carbide diff balls
- Kimbrough 90 tooth 48 pitch spur
- Hand assembled by me. Loctite and steel screws where appropriate. Aluminum screws only where they hold up.
- Suggested Electronics and tires, LRP SPX8, LRP X12 Geared 13 or 14 tooth. Futaba BLS 451 brushless high speed servo, Thunder Power 2S LiPo 5200 50 C battery pack. BSR purple fronts and BSR pink rears.
No finer wide pan cars are made or sold anywhere. This model cut about 1.3 seconds off my best lap time with a standard pan at www.MikesHobbyShop.com
Home of the 1/10 2010 IC worlds.
- Blowovers are eliminated with the dampened front end even with powerfull 3.5 motors.
- This car was 4 mph faster at the end of our straight than a identically equipped T-plate car. It is that much better through the bumps. It is reaching 65 mph on the present asphalt.
- In high traction there are few nitros that are faster in lap times or straightaway speed. Electric touring cars are dominated.
- In medium traction it does much better than a standard pan due to good antisquat and a supple suspension front and back. Four wheel drive does have a slight edge here.