R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 PM   #1516
Tech Master
 
TOADYY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,177
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TOADYY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL View Post
I was told from a someone at HPI that the Toyota GT1 body mould is still around. I'm not sure how many bodies are made in a production run or if they would be willing to do it even if people were interested. But it still exists!

That body and the Peugeot were the best. Where can the we find the GT1?

I'm thinking about getting the SM when it comes out and try to get the class revised at TQ. But people think Pro 10 is to big for our carpet track. However I think otherwise.
__________________
Pro 10 / 10th scale pan GTP: Speed Merchant Road Kill 10 (one of the first 10 produced)
12th Scale: Speed Merchant Rev 8 PRO x2 and Yokomo YRX12

"Pro 10, the only way to fly around the track!"
TOADYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #1517
Tech Elite
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,190
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOADYY View Post
That body and the Peugeot were the best. Where can the we find the GT1?

I'm thinking about getting the SM when it comes out and try to get the class revised at TQ. But people think Pro 10 is to big for our carpet track. However I think otherwise.
For sure...

This is going to anger some people...oh well. Been in this hobby for a few decades now and raced about everything - onroad, offroad, electric, nitro, you name it. I've seen RC go the same way our society has. We spend so much time and effort dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator, so a monkey can feel good about himself, so no one will hurt themselves, you don't have to worry about making a bad decison, doing something wrong - it's not possible because we make things so risk free that it's not possible. And in my opinion, not fun.

Many of us have completely forgotten, or never learned, about throttle control, how to hold a line, how to pass with elegance, grace. Few know driving ettiquette. That's were the fun is - fast and clean. You make a mistake, there's consequence. Get it right? Wow...

All this awesome technology and we choose to kick these cars around the track like wet rags. Pro10 is what we need. Drive what you can handle, a smart driver will use only what he can make work and no more. Here's the rub, with that kind of speed and power comes responsibility. You can't just rip into the sweeper at 50mph and collect everyone in front of you, that's not racing.

I'm on Pro10 as soon as the SM is available.
__________________
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #1518
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,824
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE View Post
Might, possibly, maybe one coming from out west at as well......

-E
What about this car?? Anybody know anything about it?
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #1519
Tech Elite
 
hairymuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: moreno valley, ca
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

this is one class of cars I will never give up...I havnt raced them in years but waing on a big outdoor track to open
Attached Thumbnails
Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-001.jpg  
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #1520
Tech Fanatic
 
OrganicMechanic's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mt. Morris, WI.
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
It's a Kilt! I'm thinking BSR double purple or purple orange fronts and pink or double pink rears for carpet. I can always hope for minimal truing, but I'm sure there will be someone to take all the foam right off the rim.

Mr. Garvin, we should do something about the tires right off the bat. Open tire is fine, but once we find something that works we should limit insane foam grinding.
I agree there should be minimum starting thickness or something along those lines. Even though I feel like real racing requires squeezing every last bit out of your car and budget, the class may not grow if guys are dumping $100+ on foams every race... and I'm cheap as far as a racing addict goes lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
At our track there is just no interest in 1S. So on to other classes. The massive power will never be used for 10.5 2S, but that is the point. I'll have to learn throttle control, braking and proper racing lines respectful of the speed potential. 21.5 blinky is hold it wide open and go. Seriously, a boosted 17.5 indoor on carpet will not show lap times faster than the 10.5. faster times just aren't in the racing surface. I'm looking forward to a year from now, outside where the car can perform. I'm hoping the club agrees.
Agreed! Throttle control, braking, and running a smooth line like a real road race car that sees full throttle only once and awhile when able and cruises 'round the track with the brake rotors glowing red from intense braking... now that's what real racing is to me.

Pro10 outside where the cars can really stretch their legs would be phenomenal! Are you guys looking at a paved track like the lucky euro folk, any more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
For sure...

This is going to anger some people...oh well. Been in this hobby for a few decades now and raced about everything - onroad, offroad, electric, nitro, you name it. I've seen RC go the same way our society has. We spend so much time and effort dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator, so a monkey can feel good about himself, so no one will hurt themselves, you don't have to worry about making a bad decison, doing something wrong - it's not possible because we make things so risk free that it's not possible. And in my opinion, not fun.

Many of us have completely forgotten, or never learned, about throttle control, how to hold a line, how to pass with elegance, grace. Few know driving ettiquette. That's were the fun is - fast and clean. You make a mistake, there's consequence. Get it right? Wow...

All this awesome technology and we choose to kick these cars around the track like wet rags. Pro10 is what we need. Drive what you can handle, a smart driver will use only what he can make work and no more. Here's the rub, with that kind of speed and power comes responsibility. You can't just rip into the sweeper at 50mph and collect everyone in front of you, that's not racing.

I'm on Pro10 as soon as the SM is available.
VERY well said sir! I completely agree with your observations about our societal degradation... most people don't even notice or care.

My RC10L2 should be here soon and I will have it race ready in the coming weeks. I can't wait to get on the track for some Pro10 action with some REAL racers and run some wicked fast super CLEAN races.
__________________
GT12- Schumacher Supastox GT
MARCCA Member

Last edited by OrganicMechanic; 07-07-2014 at 09:32 PM.
OrganicMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:37 AM   #1521
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
At our track there is just no interest in 1S. So on to other classes. The massive power will never be used for 10.5 2S, but that is the point. I'll have to learn throttle control, braking and proper racing lines respectful of the speed potential. 21.5 blinky is hold it wide open and go. Seriously, a boosted 17.5 indoor on carpet will not show lap times faster than the 10.5. faster times just aren't in the racing surface. I'm looking forward to a year from now, outside where the car can perform. I'm hoping the club agrees.
I raced 200mm 13.5t 2s boosted on a small indoor track with wooden barriers and from my experience I can say there is no natural inclination to go slower when there is plenty of traction (there is a limiting factor so you won't see a 4.5t for instance but a 13.5t 2s boosted is still fast that you need all the concentration). Limiting the motor is a good way of controling the speed on carpet and by that also limiting the possibility of crashing. 17.5t is fast enough on small indoor tracks (20-25 meter straight). Just my experience from racing 200mm 2s boosted 13.5t and 17.5t indoor.

I prefer asphalt tracks, it is more about throttle control and you can drive big tires without problems. There is more natural inclination to choose a motor for drivability sake.
__________________
www.rc-lemans.de
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #1522
Tech Fanatic
 
OrganicMechanic's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mt. Morris, WI.
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL View Post
I still have some 10pan cars in a box in the basement, Assoc 10L's, Trinty Switch blade, Trinity Ev10.......mostly in new condition, if there is interest. Organic Mechanic got the pick of the litter. I too must be a 10pan body whore!!!!!

Stormer Hobbies.....AAA+++
Here is the pick of the litter lol, thanks again TJ! I almost felt bad while I was removing the wrapper and slicing the factory seal but the joy over came that. Now all I have to do is get a 10.5t and thoroughly enjoy!





__________________
GT12- Schumacher Supastox GT
MARCCA Member
OrganicMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #1523
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St Albert AB. CA
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicMechanic View Post
Here is the pick of the litter lol, thanks again TJ! I almost felt bad while I was removing the wrapper and slicing the factory seal but the joy over came that. Now all I have to do is get a 10.5t and thoroughly enjoy!





Yeah I know, we're like little kids at Xmas!!!!! I know this isn't your first RodeoEnjoy and have fun my friend. 10.5+++++ NITRO SEDAN EATER!!!! Picked a bad week to ship it. (TUE) July 1st Canada Day national holiday (EH).....(Thu) July 4th US national holiday!!! How about some build pics.

BE
TJ
THEBIGBULL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:13 AM   #1524
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,824
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicMechanic View Post
Here is the pick of the litter lol, thanks again TJ! I almost felt bad while I was removing the wrapper and slicing the factory seal but the joy over came that. Now all I have to do is get a 10.5t and thoroughly enjoy!





Which body are you planning to use on the L2?
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #1525
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Western Sydney
Posts: 288
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default body choice

Hi guys, just looking for advice as to which PRO10 lola type body is the best for outdoor asphalt in your humble opinions, you can suggest either 200mm or 235mm or anything in between , dont let availability influence your decisions, just recommend what u believe to be the highest downforce and or best body available for 1/10 scale vehicles.
any advice would be greatly appreciated
cheers
oldenuff.

p.s this body would not be used for a pro 10 car, but potentially for use in a converted 4wd touring car with foams ( current body is a titan blitz 235mm lola, which works really well but i am keen to experiment)
oldenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #1526
Tech Fanatic
 
OrganicMechanic's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mt. Morris, WI.
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL View Post
Yeah I know, we're like little kids at Xmas!!!!! I know this isn't your first RodeoEnjoy and have fun my friend. 10.5+++++ NITRO SEDAN EATER!!!! Picked a bad week to ship it. (TUE) July 1st Canada Day national holiday (EH).....(Thu) July 4th US national holiday!!! How about some build pics.

BE
TJ
I hear ya bout the shipping lol, it was sitting in customs for days... but it's all good!

I'll be running that 10.5 indoors on carpet and it should be a rocket ship/hand full. Which is exactly what I want... to gain real driving experience and skill. It will be even better if we can get the class outdoors next summer, then the Pro10's can really stretch their legs!

I will definitely post build pics. I have alot of compiled research and ideas for some suspension updates/mods that I'll be doing. On that note- I've gotta send out a thanks to 2wdrive and MarkA for all the RC10L2 info they've posted, and to Joost K. and Pro10noob for the prototype ideas they've posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
Which body are you planning to use on the L2?
I'll mostly be using the Protoform P905B because the high downforce works well on indoor carpet for me and is available for $23. I also have an out of production Protofrom Nissan P35 which I will be trying. If the Nissan P35 works better then the P905B I'll have to deal with the shipping costs and snag some from overseas. Any body suggestions you might have?
__________________
GT12- Schumacher Supastox GT
MARCCA Member
OrganicMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #1527
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,824
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

If they were still available, Andy's Mercedes. Dahms had a body I think it was called "Lotech" or something like that.
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #1528
Tech Fanatic
 
OrganicMechanic's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mt. Morris, WI.
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
If they were still available, Andy's Mercedes. Dahms had a body I think it was called "Lotech" or something like that.
This Mercedes?
http://www.rc-bodies.de/shop/product...products_id=33
__________________
GT12- Schumacher Supastox GT
MARCCA Member
OrganicMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #1529
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

That is the Sauber C11 body.
Still good to get.
For 200MM try the Porsche 962.
For 235MM try the Mix Nissan if it is a bit scale like.
If you want pure downforce, indeed a lola body.
You have to ask the Germans what is best for that as they run these bodies in there RC Le-mans series.
You need a motor to mach tho as i a 10.5 boosted won't last long with this body if you want some speed in the car
If it is 10.5 boosted, try the Nissan P35 from Corally, the Mix Nissan, the Sauber or if you can get your hands on it the Protoform Peugeot 905MD
The 905HD has more steering but that can be altered by using a gurney.

Regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicMechanic View Post
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #1530
Tech Fanatic
 
OrganicMechanic's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mt. Morris, WI.
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
That is the Sauber C11 body.
Still good to get.
For 200MM try the Porsche 962.
For 235MM try the Mix Nissan if it is a bit scale like.
If you want pure downforce, indeed a lola body.
You have to ask the Germans what is best for that as they run these bodies in there RC Le-mans series.
You need a motor to mach tho as i a 10.5 boosted won't last long with this body if you want some speed in the car
If it is 10.5 boosted, try the Nissan P35 from Corally, the Mix Nissan, the Sauber or if you can get your hands on it the Protoform Peugeot 905MD
The 905HD has more steering but that can be altered by using a gurney.

Regards Roy
Are the Mix Nissan and the Corally Nissan P35 the same body? Are either of them the same as the old Protoform P35?

Is the Andys Mercedes still available?
__________________
GT12- Schumacher Supastox GT
MARCCA Member
OrganicMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Cancun Tom
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0