R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #1501
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,280
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicMechanic View Post
Looking for opinions/suggestions on Pro10 class rules from the MARCCA racers and any other Wisconsinite looking to run Pro10 @ MARCCA. What do you guys think about these rules:

any 10.5T
open ESC, open timing
any 2S lipo
235mm chassis
non-nitro 235mm bodies
1150 gram min weight
open tire

*these are basically the dutch rules with the exception of only 235mm chassis
I think you probably nailed it.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #1502
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,825
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOADYY View Post
Where was that posted?
I can't remember which thread it was posted. It might have been here on this thread.

Ooohhh, the signs of age and the seventies were good to me
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #1503
Moderator
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

If Yokomo's rumored WGT car comes to fruition, that could be great for Pro10 as well because it'll probably be convertible to 235mm in some way and Amain would likely have parts support in the U.S.
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #1504
Moderator
 
MarkA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Corvallis, OR
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyU View Post
I can't remember which thread it was posted. It might have been here on this thread.

Ooohhh, the signs of age and the seventies were good to me
Some of the Asian webshops show an entry for a Proto Nissan that is not the P35 we know/remember yet seems strangely familiar. Anyone got a guess/remember what that body actually is?
MarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #1505
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,825
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I'm sorry, I really thought I read something about Protoform coming out with a 235mm body, it was for something else not Protoform or any body mfg.

Must've been dillusional and hallucinating.

I appologize for getting anyone's hopes up. But it would be great if Protoform did come out with a new 235mm body. Hint! Hint!
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #1506
Tech Adept
 
SpeedMerchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardcano View Post
The original Roadkill 10 was (and still is) a great car, too:



Wow...cool pictures Howard!

I had no idea there was still one of those bumping around.

On the shelf just to my left of my desk, I have my original RoadKill 10. It won the 2000 ROAR Carpet Nats with myself driving, I then loaned it out to Jake Pritchard. He won the Aspahalt Nats in Vegas (might have been a NORCA Race), and then from there it went to Mark Strasnick who won the 2004 ROAR Asphalt Nats in Oregon I think. I'm pretty sure that was the last time ROAR ran a 10th pan class at a Nats.

I thought mine might have been the last one, I'm glad to see yours.

Nice job changing it over to LiPo. Plenty of room to work with on that chassis. LOL.

I've got a lot of e-mails about the new RoadKill 10.

I'll be doing a pre-order by the end of this week for those of you interested. They should ship within 2 weeks. I still have to work up parts #'s and get in touch with Dave Irrgang about some more 235mm axles.

I'll have more information on my "News" section later this week.

Have a great day.-Bruce
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #1507
Tech Elite
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,192
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedMerchant View Post
I've got a lot of e-mails about the new RoadKill 10.

I'll be doing a pre-order by the end of this week for those of you interested. They should ship within 2 weeks. I still have to work up parts #'s and get in touch with Dave Irrgang about some more 235mm axles.

I'll have more information on my "News" section later this week.

Have a great day.-Bruce
Bruce,

One was me this morning...I'm so stoked about your new kit. I really don't want a conversion, I want a purpose built 235mm kit , not something with a wonky extension.

So...I'm waiting for the new Roadkill, that simple. I guarantee others on this forum would jump at the chance to own one.

Off with the skirts gents, let's bring the class back.
__________________
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #1508
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,280
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

It's a Kilt! I'm thinking BSR double purple or purple orange fronts and pink or double pink rears for carpet. I can always hope for minimal truing, but I'm sure there will be someone to take all the foam right off the rim.

Mr. Garvin, we should do something about the tires right off the bat. Open tire is fine, but once we find something that works we should limit insane foam grinding.
__________________
John Higgins

Last edited by liljohn1064; 07-07-2014 at 12:57 PM.
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #1509
Tech Elite
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,192
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
It's a Kilt! I'm thinking BSR double purple or purple orange fronts and pink or double pink rears for carpet. I can always hope for minimal truing, but I'm sure there will be someone to take all the foam right off the rim.

Mr. Garvin, we should do something about the tires right off the bat. Open tire is fine, but once we find something that works we should limit insane foam grinding.
For sure on the tires...and thanks for the info on the SpeedMerchant, I'll have my chassis covered. Ordered the second it's available.

Electronics I'm covered. The Roadkill takes one of those new flat packs guys are running in offroad. Then mount ESC behind that and it's money. Clean, simple and light.
__________________
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #1510
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,205
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
For sure on the tires...and thanks for the info on the SpeedMerchant, I'll have my chassis covered. Ordered the second it's available.

Electronics I'm covered. The Roadkill takes one of those new flat packs guys are running in offroad. Then mount ESC behind that and it's money. Clean, simple and light.
Guys out here on the Westcoast are using 1s 3.7 packs and boosted 10.5. I don't know if there is any objection to 2s from their point of view. I think its just because we have smaller tracks and the Euro guys are running on HUGE 1/8 nitro tracks so 2s is needed. I would imagine on a carpet track, 2s boosted 10.5 is going to be a handful. Just thinking out loud.
__________________
TEAM ARAI GRIP ● J★STYLE ● P1 BRAND ● RÄLDESIGNWERKS ● FANTOM ● EXOTEK
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #1511
Tech Adept
 
spacendeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Voorhout, Netherlands
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to spacendeman
Default

Here in the Netherlands we were running WGT indoor.
We had then 17.5 boosted on 2S lipo.
Here are some video's on my youtube channel;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrR...8aJjZL2g7ggXZA

Just scroll between the video for : Mach indoor
__________________
Currently:
Serpent F110 SF2 with Hobbywing ETS setup.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 with ETS Stock setup
Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0 with ETS Stock setup as rain car.
Serpent S120 LTR with 10.5 blinky mode.
spacendeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #1512
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,236
Default

Up here in Edmonton we are running Pro10 with 17.5 blinky on 2s. On our Medium size pavetrack the pan cars are faster than 1/10 nitros, almost as fast as the 1/10 mod touring cars. We were really surprised at the speed of the things with a 17.5.
__________________
Northern Alberta Scale Car Auto Racers Pres. and Promotions
TEAM POWERS, RACE-OPT, SCHUMACHER RACING,VBC RACING
patorz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #1513
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
Some of the Asian webshops show an entry for a Proto Nissan that is not the P35 we know/remember yet seems strangely familiar. Anyone got a guess/remember what that body actually is?
Hi Mark, it is a copie of the hotbodies Nissan Gtp. Corally/Mix bodies reproduced it in 2011.
__________________
www.rc-lemans.de
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #1514
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,280
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL View Post
Guys out here on the Westcoast are using 1s 3.7 packs and boosted 10.5. I don't know if there is any objection to 2s from their point of view. I think its just because we have smaller tracks and the Euro guys are running on HUGE 1/8 nitro tracks so 2s is needed. I would imagine on a carpet track, 2s boosted 10.5 is going to be a handful. Just thinking out loud.
At our track there is just no interest in 1S. So on to other classes. The massive power will never be used for 10.5 2S, but that is the point. I'll have to learn throttle control, braking and proper racing lines respectful of the speed potential. 21.5 blinky is hold it wide open and go. Seriously, a boosted 17.5 indoor on carpet will not show lap times faster than the 10.5. faster times just aren't in the racing surface. I'm looking forward to a year from now, outside where the car can perform. I'm hoping the club agrees.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #1515
RAL
Tech Elite
 
RAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,205
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

I was told from a someone at HPI that the Toyota GT1 body mould is still around. I'm not sure how many bodies are made in a production run or if they would be willing to do it even if people were interested. But it still exists!

__________________
TEAM ARAI GRIP ● J★STYLE ● P1 BRAND ● RÄLDESIGNWERKS ● FANTOM ● EXOTEK
RAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0