R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #136
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amraam67 View Post
Does anybody know who makes the body shell in the picture on post#86, it looks like a 235mm version of the Mercedes C9 1989 Le Mans winner?
That is my body. It says

Sauber Mercedes V-8

MRP 30-1148

Kind of on the fence about keeping it. I was going to use it to practice airbrushing. Wing has not been cut off it yet, still all together.
Jamie James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland View Post
Starting rollout for a 4.5 on a 1/5th scale track is around 32mm.
Best start with tires straight out of the box, as large as you can for more traction. Most tires come around 63mm rear 62mm front.

With a good setup you should be able to play with the top 1/8th scale racers.
Have fun and pictures please!
like 5mm ride height?

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #138
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
Here is my pride and joy of this moment... It is a Pro10 based on the RC10R5. I used all the hardware from the R5 and made a custom chassis around it to make it 235mm... I can only say from the last couple of races that the car runs really well...

Look great.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
WGT isn't an electric road course car, 10th scale?

WGT is a 200mm pancar with 4 cells or 1s 13.5t or higher motor with a GT body on. I will drive a 200mm pancar indoor with a 2s lipo and 13.5t and a GT body. As the rules are stated it wouldn't be WGT.

But WORLD GT is only being driven in the USA and maybe UK now, not sure. They should not have called it WORLD GT but USGT or something and then there wouldn't be any discussion anymore. If you call something WORLD GT, people from other countries who are driving on bigger tracks and have a very different feel of what is fast and what is slow will have there say on the matter because the rules are completly useless here. The current WGT rules are being setup for very tiny indoor carper tracks in the US.

I have driven with 2s and a brushed 23t indoors before and it has good speed and a nice learning curve. I don't want to go slower so i can go full throttle everywhere and going slow on the straight part. It is plain boring.

Discussions and misunderstanding will always be there with the WGT name as it stands now.
Thank you i said that when they start it for one race (for only that one race). What it should have been called is Pro 10 SC or Pro 10 200mm SC. Not World GT, again in "RC world" GT stands for Gas Truck(RC10GT and RC10GT2).

Only thing they need to do was add a few rules to the Pro 10 rules for Indoors. One it has to be 200mm, SC body and 4cell. That it. They did not need a whole new class rules just use what on the books.

Sorry but Pro 10 is not that fast when you put the rights size motor in it for the size of the track. If you run a small track you have to stick with a smaller motor. WE can run fine on the same parking lot with a 17.5 as most do with Gas TC.

I like that CRC and corally did a great job making the 1st of the new cars. That can run both 4cell/6 cell and 200mm/235mm and left the rest of the WGT starts in the dust and had to make conv for the 200mm car like speed merchant did.

Right now we just need the suppet of the mag and help keep it alive with bodys and parts.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #140
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Understood. Just being class specific. 1/10 pan is almost as bad as saying WGT these days. We have 3.5 2S/6cell/5cell in Europe and Asia and parts of the US which run on 1/8 scale road courses down to 13.5 1S which is indoor carpet and a new idea in the UK and US that are all covered by 1/10 pan. As Electric Onroad gets more viewers than the Oval and Larger Scale, there should been a thread here just for these beauties.

There should be a thread for: GT 10: 200mm 13.5 1S Pan Car Discussion. I'll let someone else open that can of worms. Maybe...
you also forgot it was started was before Pro 10 200mm SC (WGT) was even a thought. Someone for the Top here on RCTech stuck there not here where it belong. We can wrok off of both for right now and bring more in to the Pro 10 world.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:11 AM   #141

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
like 5mm ride height?
5mm ride height is what I usually run. On extremely bumpy tracks I may go as high as 6mm, on really flat tracks as low as 3.5mm.

You can play around with ride heigth differences front to back to get some more steering or to eliminate some over steer. The side that's the lowest has the most traction.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Hey Taz and 2wd, you think you could take your debate on semantics elsewhere? I dont care if its WGT, ABC, XYZ, WC (I was going to say SWC but Word Challenge is on Versus now not SPEED so its not the SPEED World Challenge anymore) or whatever. Its 10th scale pan car and instead of debating what to call it how about you guys grab your 235 cars, take em out and keep showing people how great a class it is and then if you have a 200mm GT car (Grand Touring NOT Gas Truck Taz) take that out and put it through its paces
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:15 AM   #143
Tech Master

@trackdesigner

It is not a debate on semantics it seems you are misinterpreting something here , Taz qouted something i wrote half year ago

Besides, the reaction i got on that previous post from liljohn and others was possitive and they agreed with it in some way or another that the word "World" was not really wisely chosen. Anyway we all lived happely ever after as we can not change that anymore.

I am not sure why you always seem to have such a reaction towards some posts but before you go off defending the faith try to at least think or re-read the qoutes to see where they come from or understand what the reason was for that post.

On another note, last weekend we had the last indoor race so winter season is over. Hopefully the weather will be better soon so we can bring our
200/235mm cars out again. (it is still very cold and wet overhere). Indoor season is ok but it can't beat the outdoor season with nice warm weather on a real asphalt track with real curbs and gras.

Just hope it doesn't rain too much this season

Last edited by 2wdrive; 03-01-2010 at 01:32 AM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #144
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
@trackdesigner

It is not a debate on semantics it seems you are misinterpreting something here , Taz qouted something i wrote half year ago

Besides, the reaction i got on that previous post from liljohn and others was possitive and they agreed with it in some way or another that the word "World" was not really wisely chosen. Anyway we all lived happely ever after as we can not change that anymore.

I am not sure why you always seem to have such a reaction towards some posts but before you go off defending the faith try to at least think or re-read the qoutes to see where they come from or understand what the reason was for that post.

On another note, last weekend we had the last indoor race so winter season is over. Hopefully the weather will be better soon so we can bring our
200/235mm cars out again. (it is still very cold and wet overhere). Indoor season is ok but it can't beat the outdoor season with nice warm weather on a real asphalt track with real curbs and gras.

Just hope it doesn't rain too much this season
I have never been a fan of people arguing over things (especially trivial little things like what to call a class of toy cars) and when I see or hear any arguing my first instinct is to try to make peace.

Anyhoo, I miss my RC10L (its probably still buried in my parent's house somewhere) and Im sad I never really got to put it through its paces.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

PRO TEN HOLLAND, how would do you take out over steer? My trck has TOOOO much tracktion!!!! Can I go to a very hard front tire? And what would that compound be?
hairymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amraam67 View Post
Does anybody know who makes the body shell in the picture on post#86, it looks like a 235mm version of the Mercedes C9 1989 Le Mans winner?
This is an original Andy's body,which he still has a lot of them..Mercedes Sauber
Attached Thumbnails
Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-picture-004.jpg  
Old 03-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #147
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
PRO TEN HOLLAND, how would do you take out over steer? My trck has TOOOO much tracktion!!!! Can I go to a very hard front tire? And what would that compound be?
what are the circumstances of your over steer? on throttle, off throttle, starts? can be a bunch of things.. what is your current setup?

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #148
Tech Elite

Every where it has oversteer..On the straight it pulls left or right..You touch the wheel and it does what it wants. I ran the car on carpet and it drove perfect and so did it at another track..But this one particulr track is very difficult to drive on..Sean Cochran of Assoiciated said he turns his steering radius down to less that half the throw..Kinda weird
Attached Thumbnails
Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-ev10-dx.jpg  

Last edited by hairymuffin; 03-01-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #149
Tech Elite

I have purple up front pink rears,orange front springs
Old 03-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

is your diff ok? nice and free? also make sure you have a little pod droop. not familiar with that shock setup, but obviously it should be relatively soft for asphalt and not tweeked. pink and purple is a great starting point for asphalt. what motor is that?

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote